Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, MassiveChemicalPunk said:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/rock-am-ring-festival-germany-evacuation-terrorist-threat-2083197

Rock am Ring evacuated  due to terrorist threat. :(

This sucks. I hope the RW organizers take note and double security efforts so nothing like this happens.

Actually it's not really RW organizers role, but national inside security...I doubt they can do something more secured than last year, cause they had already doubled security efforts. Unfortunately Belgium is exposed to the terrorist threat too; let's hope now nothing like that will happen, and then the best thing to do is probably to not think about it so that the joy will be maximum ! Fuck terror and keep on rockin'

A few days ago (before the RaR thing happened), it was announced in the newspapers that the safety zone around RW will be doubled. They will also be testing a new system where everyone in this zone will get a message through their phone if the site needs to be evacuated. This new thing + the security from last year is the best they can do in my opinion. I'm sure they're prepared the best as possible. So let's all just enjoy the festival without any worries, 26 days to go!!! :)

On 2017-6-2 at 1:34 PM, Gossard said:

Take the bus from Charleroi to Brussels Midi and the train there to Leuven. I flew in to Charleroi airport a few years ago and this was a cheap and easy trip....

Thanks!

I also found something about a bus. I should meet someone who's plane is landing on Zaventem, but I think we'll probably end up doing that in Leuven. I presume the train tickets cover the Zaventem-Leuven route, no?

2 hours ago, Gray Owl said:

Thanks!

I also found something about a bus. I should meet someone who's plane is landing on Zaventem, but I think we'll probably end up doing that in Leuven. I presume the train tickets cover the Zaventem-Leuven route, no?

from the airport you need to pay Diabolo fee which is a few Euros. In case you didnt pay when you entered, you'll pay on the way out otherwise you cant enter to the airport from the train station.

On 31.5.2017 at 10:15 PM, alan_ts said:

I don't think you'll have problems, last year staff gave us our space but they didn't check anything in the days after.

Thank you. So you didn't get a special wristband or something like that and HiveMySpace-Area just an area in the middle of the Hive ?

2 minutes ago, APAP said:

Thank you. So you didn't get a special wristband or something like that and HiveMySpace-Area just an area in the middle of the Hive ?

It was a separate area on the other side of the main street. 2 different wristbands.

Hmm, if we get there around noon can we leave our bags anywhere? We'd like to do a little bit of exploring in the spare time we have. :P

And, probably this was asked before so don't shoot, is there any party going on in The Hive on the 28th or we just make our own? :D

Edited by Gray Owl

10 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

Hmm, if we get there around noon can we leave our bags anywhere? We'd like to do a little bit of exploring in the spare time we have. :P

And, probably this was asked before so don't shoot, is there any party going on in The Hive on the 28th or we just make our own? :D

Cant help with your bags, but yes there will be DJs on in the entertainment area in The Hive!

I drank many, many beers in it last year :lol:

3 minutes ago, kris0624 said:

Cant help with your bags, but yes there will be DJs on in the entertainment area in The Hive!

I drank many, many beers in it last year :lol:

No worries, we'll just drop them in front of the Hive and get the party started earlier. I kinda feel like it and I'm sure there's gonna be company. :))

12 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

No worries, we'll just drop them in front of the Hive and get the party started earlier. I kinda feel like it and I'm sure there's gonna be company. :))

We will be arriving at 1pm ourselves anyway. Crack open a couple of drinks and get going in the queue!

On 2017-6-3 at 8:00 PM, Gray Owl said:

Thanks!

If you fly to Charleroi airport the best and cheapest way is to take the bus Charleroi Airport -> Charleroi train station (about 20min). From Charleroi train station you can use the free train ticket to Leuven (and back). Avoid the Zaventem train station because of the extra Diabolo fee. Better meet up in Leuven and take the free shuttle to the festival/campsite togheter.
Charleroi -> Brussels by bus will be more expensive and will take too much time.

Enjoy the festival and the Belgian beer!

Hey everyone, getting so excited for this damn fest.  In anticipation of rain and muddy grounds, what is the best option for shoes? A friend and I are coming from the US, so we are trying to pack light adn leave our wellies at home.  Are regular shoes/sneakers sufficient? Or can RW reach glasto-levels of mudiness?

Edited by duhud14

14 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Really? Serj sounded really bad and seemed bored... 

I was just going to comment on this.

Out of all the bands at RW, I'm probably looking forward to SOAD the most (joint with Foos).

Whilst I didn't see the stream I have seen videos and I agree Serj looked a little bored.
I suppose it just has to be accepted that bands aren't as 'animated' as they get older (with the exception of Grohl who is a machine). 

Was surprising Serj was so static, considering it was one of their first performances back after almost 2 years away but musically I thought the band sounded as tight as ever and I'm still excited to see them.

9 hours ago, duhud14 said:

Hey everyone, getting so excited for this damn fest.  In anticipation of rain and muddy grounds, what is the best option for shoes? A friend and I are coming from the US, so we are trying to pack light adn leave our wellies at home.  Are regular shoes/sneakers sufficient? Or can RW reach glasto-levels of mudiness?

Mud editions like last year are very rare. The last 10 years I always wear my sneakers on RW. Only last year I had my boots on. May/June 2016 was full of rain. They saw the problems already early June 2016.
I do not expect that kind or problems this year as they had a realy dry period in May and last week. The RW area will have some (heavy) rain this week. It will also depend on the weather at TW Classic, the week before RW. An if the RW weekend is full of rain you always will have some mud.
When do come over? I can keep you informed.

On 31.5.2017 at 8:59 PM, APAP said:

Hey,

I have a question about the HiveMyspace. We have a ticket for two persons and 8 square meters, but our tent is much larger. We thought about just getting on The Hive and then not use The MySpace area but just camp on the normal The Hive area. Does anyone of you can say if this is possible ?

Thanks

Anyone who can say something about The Hive Myspace ? alan_ts was talking about The Hive Resort :-)

Edited by APAP

1 hour ago, APAP said:

Anyone who can say something about The Hive Myspace ? alan_ts was talking about The Hive Resort :-)

I was talking about the division of last year:

• The Hive Camping
  • The Hive Resort (Teepee, Army Tent, Myspace etc).

Don't know this year if they will change something but Myspace was a package included in The Hive Resort. :) 

11 hours ago, thetechi said:

Was surprising Serj was so static, considering it was one of their first performances back after almost 2 years away but musically I thought the band sounded as tight as ever and I'm still excited to see them.

I take back everything I said, their Pinkpop performance was insane.