Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

I decided not to go this year and sold my tickets. I have an hotel room for 2 at the Ibis Budget- right where the shuttle busses offload and pick up festi-goers. I will cancel my reservation on Tuesday 10am UK time if any efester want it (I know this thread  is sleepy this time of the year). It cost me 90 euros a night and I assume you will be able to grab it as soon as I cancel it. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see that the most recent post by the Werchter twitter is of The National? Maybe it's nothing - I have no idea of the Rock Werchter Twitter track record - but excited me all the same.

First time going this year and I am really looking forward to it. Think the line up is really good this year in general with Tash Sultana, Jain, Arcade Fire & Radiohead being major highlights for me.

Also on a side note: If anyone has one or preferably two spare weekend tickets for Werchter at a semi reasonable price please get in touch as I have a few friends who are very interested. Would be much appreciated :)

1 minute ago, GinaScina said:

Can any previous RW attendees tell me if it has rained in recent years? Or is Belgium generally dry in the summer?

Not sure if I should bring the wellies or not :wacko:

Last year was an absolute washout but that was very unusual (I remember it being reported that it was the most rainfall belgium has had in 150 years or something!) I would imagine that this summer should be better but I'd just keep an eye on the forecasts in the weeks leading up :)

1 hour ago, GinaScina said:

Can any previous RW attendees tell me if it has rained in recent years? Or is Belgium generally dry in the summer?

As said, last year was really unusual with also a lot of rainfall in the weeks before the festival so wellies were definitely necessary. In normal years, decent shoes should be enough though. Last year was rainy, but in 2015 it was scorching hot without rain, the weather in Belgium is very unpredictable haha. Some of us Belgians will keep you updated on the forecasts for sure, but it's still a little too soon for that.

Hi, me and my wife are travelling to the festival from South America and we have some questions:

- The free train/bus ticket is valid from Brussels or only from Leuven??

- We've rented a room in Leuven, so we're worried for the return, are there enough buses?? or we have to wait and make the queue to get a space on the buses? The owner of the house in Leuven is giving us bicycles, do you think is better to get to the festival by this way?

- How long does it take to get into the festival at the entrance?? is it quick or we have to make a queue also??

we were at lollapalooza a few years ago and it was terrible getting into the festival (a queue of more than 3 hours and we missed some bands) and leaving the place each night because there weren't enough buses, so the first night we took the bus almost at 4am even though the festival ended at 1am

3 hours ago, malcolmgg said:

Hi, me and my wife are travelling to the festival from South America and we have some questions:

- The free train/bus ticket is valid from Brussels or only from Leuven??

- We've rented a room in Leuven, so we're worried for the return, are there enough buses?? or we have to wait and make the queue to get a space on the buses? The owner of the house in Leuven is giving us bicycles, do you think is better to get to the festival by this way?

- How long does it take to get into the festival at the entrance?? is it quick or we have to make a queue also??

we were at lollapalooza a few years ago and it was terrible getting into the festival (a queue of more than 3 hours and we missed some bands) and leaving the place each night because there weren't enough buses, so the first night we took the bus almost at 4am even though the festival ended at 1am

Train ticket (included with your festival ticket) is free from anywhere in Belgium to Leuven on the day you arrive and then on the day you leave. 

Shuttle bus doesnt require  a ticket. You just hop on it in Leuven central bus station (which is next to the train station). Dont take your bicycle, shuttles run regularly from morning till late well after the music stops. You wont wait much for them Though I must say that on the last night there is always a problem because everybody gets out of the area at the same time and head for the stalls outside, pack the road and it will take a long time to get to the shuttle point. 

The queue might be long only at the first day. Last year it took me almost an hour but it was a combination of rain, new security checks and other mess. Usually around 20-30 minutes, depands when you arrive. I once got inside in less than 2 minutes. 

5 hours ago, GinaScina said:

No need for wellies. Even though it was raining a lot last year, the organization brought sand and wood chips and handled the mud in a great way. The tents floors are solid and there is a cover on the ground of much of the main stage area. 

23 minutes ago, grumpykrogan said:

Blink cancels European tour. Wtf.

They've only cancelled certain Scandinavian dates, werchter still on.

Piss poor form if you ask me, you would of thought there management knew about the travel before confirming the festival dates.

letting down fans due to there own incompetence, awful.

Just now, thetime said:

Piss poor form if you ask me, you would of thought there management knew about the travel before confirming the festival dates.

Ok, you're right, RW still looks likely if they're only cancelling 'parts'. 

But what a letdown for their fans, shame on their management.

By the way, can we expect some Blinkin Park at RW ? :P 

EDIT : just spotted that they have Machine Gun Kelly as special guest on the two Blinkin Park shows in US ! It would be a good ocaasion to have MCG + Blink + LP on stage at the same time ! 

Edited by Tremousse

7 hours ago, thetime said:

They've done this before when playing Brixton intimate shows, cancelled the 2nd night because they couldn't be arsed!

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

They've done this before when playing Brixton intimate shows, cancelled the 2nd night because they couldn't be arsed!

I didn't know they were so shitty...

6 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

I didn't know they were so shitty...

Yeah basically if they decide they can't be bothered in the end they just cancel/make something up.

People call Tom but given they did that back this with him and now without him the chances are it's not down to him. He at least does want to play whether he's got a shit voice or not!.....which he has haha. Either way, Blink with Skiba isn't Blink, at least with some other rock bands they have actually had more than one lead singer so it's a bit different to calling yourself the same band but changing the aound completely.

After reading previously about the banned items list a few pages back, I am now confused about what you can / can´t take into the campsite with you.

Are you allowed to bring any type of food / beverage with you? Or do you have to solely rely on what you buy with vouchers / debit card?

Also, any lockers available? We will have a large suitcase with us as we will be bringing our camping equipment in it.

Cheers, and counting down to the big day now!

5 hours ago, PopsiclesandCrisps said:

After reading previously about the banned items list a few pages back, I am now confused about what you can / can´t take into the campsite with you.

Are you allowed to bring any type of food / beverage with you? Or do you have to solely rely on what you buy with vouchers / debit card?

Also, any lockers available? We will have a large suitcase with us as we will be bringing our camping equipment in it.

Cheers, and counting down to the big day now!

Hey hey. Food and drink both allowed in the campsite. They have a rule about only being allowed enough booze for 'personal consumption' but I've never had anything taken off me. No drinks allowed in the arena though.

Lockers are available to rent on arrival at the campsites (The Hive anyway). Not sure if they'd be big enough for a full suitcase though. Ive always rented in the past for my passport, phone etc.

4 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Hey hey. Food and drink both allowed in the campsite. They have a rule about only being allowed enough booze for 'personal consumption' but I've never had anything taken off me. No drinks allowed in the arena though.

Lockers are available to rent on arrival at the campsites (The Hive anyway). Not sure if they'd be big enough for a full suitcase though. Ive always rented in the past for my passport, phone etc.

Sweet, thanks for the info man. Guess we can just chuck the suitcases in the tent!