Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Is anyone willing to swap a regular camping ticket (C7) for a Hive camping ticket?? My friends all have Hive tickets but I only managed to get a regular one as I didn't have the cash before the Hive ones sold out.. and we only have one tent (I also really dont want to camp on my own). I've got notifications set up for Ticketswap whenever a Hive ticket becomes available but no matter how quickly I try to grab it there's always someone who's got in before me and it's really frustrating. I'd be unbelievably appreciative if some kind soul could swap tickets with me, and I'll happily pay the difference between the tickets!

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, have a spare weekend ticket with hive camping going as the girlfriend is no longer able to attend. I see some people on here are after it. Only want what I paid which was £230 due to exchange rate. I have the paper ticket and happy to provide any evidence as required before sending or can meet at the festival as i am still going and will be there from the Wednesday.  I know there's a waiting list but I assume they won't refund me the foreign transaction charge.

Hey everyone, I'm a student from the Netherlands going for the first time to RW and was wondering what's the cheapest way to get there? Since I have free OV I figured I can take a train to Antwerpen then to Leuven. I'm also trying to see if going with the festivalbus or train is more convenient in terms of luggage and price. 

Edited by Echiham

26 minutes ago, Echiham said:

Hey everyone, I'm a student from the Netherlands going for the first time to RW and was wondering what's the cheapest way to get there? Since I have free OV I figured I can take a train to Antwerpen then to Leuven. I'm also trying to see if going with the festivalbus or train is more convenient in terms of luggage and price. 

Well, since there is free train travel in Belgium with your ticket (you will have to download your train ticket from the nmbs website) and you have OV in The Netherlands, the train will definitely be your cheapest option. In terms of luggage, the train probably won't be a problem (depends, maybe the train Antwerpen-Leuven will be packed on a busy moment), only the shuttle bus to the festival can be quite annoying with all the luggage.

On 13/05/2017 at 10:30 PM, Radioactive said:

Hi all, have a spare weekend ticket with hive camping going as the girlfriend is no longer able to attend. I see some people on here are after it. Only want what I paid which was £230 due to exchange rate. I have the paper ticket and happy to provide any evidence as required before sending or can meet at the festival as i am still going and will be there from the Wednesday.  I know there's a waiting list but I assume they won't refund me the foreign transaction charge.

Hi mate, is this still for sale? I will buy it from you today in pound sterling if it is.

im not sure how to private message you on here. 

Please let let me know 

D

a little bit of help please.  

I have been on the hunt for hive camping tickets for a while, a few weeks ago managed to grab one on ticketswap and then today managed to get another, the first one said general admission 27euro but the one i got today said pakket tent voor 2 (tent package for 2) 47euro, does this ticket admit 2 people? if not what is the difference?

any help would be appreciated, thanks

2 hours ago, rhubarb said:

a little bit of help please.  

I have been on the hunt for hive camping tickets for a while, a few weeks ago managed to grab one on ticketswap and then today managed to get another, the first one said general admission 27euro but the one i got today said pakket tent voor 2 (tent package for 2) 47euro, does this ticket admit 2 people? if not what is the difference?

any help would be appreciated, thanks

I'm pretty sure one ticket is for one person.

On 5/14/2017 at 8:14 PM, Echiham said:

Where abouts in the Netherlands are you going from? You can get a bus from Amsterdam for 12 euro to Brussels

Okay so I am in a bit of predicament;

I bought two camping tickets, drink/food vouchers and flights (from Ireland) for my myself and my man human. Said man human was meant to buy the actual weekend tickets but left it to late and alas! they were all sold out. 

I have been DREAMING of going to Rock Werchter since 2008 and finally had both  money and someone to go with (all my friend are shit with even shitter taste in music so they never even considered going) so being the wonderfully impatient/over-eager/impulsive idiot that I am, found a guy from the Netherlands selling a pair!  I got him to send me his address, picture of his ID, made him fill out a contract, and got him to send me his bank details. Naively I transferred €550 and later found out it was a fraud account. Dutch/ Irish police involved now but slim chances of getting my money back (lesson learnt). Anyway moving on. . 

Fast forward to now. I have been trying pretty much every minute of the day along with everyone in my office to try get me a pair of tickets and it's proving impossible. I really don't want to give any business to touts (not that I could afford to anyway) so these are my questions:

1) What are the chances of more becoming available (I'm on the waiting list)? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

2) What do you guys think of the idea of me buying a Thursday ticket then trying to find someone with a spare weekend ticket inside?  OR Getting in on a Thursday ticket and pulling the oul "I lost my wristband" trick 

fml. 

1 hour ago, GinaScina said:

Okay so I am in a bit of predicament;

I bought two camping tickets, drink/food vouchers and flights (from Ireland) for my myself and my man human. Said man human was meant to buy the actual weekend tickets but left it to late and alas! they were all sold out. 

I have been DREAMING of going to Rock Werchter since 2008 and finally had both  money and someone to go with (all my friend are shit with even shitter taste in music so they never even considered going) so being the wonderfully impatient/over-eager/impulsive idiot that I am, found a guy from the Netherlands selling a pair!  I got him to send me his address, picture of his ID, made him fill out a contract, and got him to send me his bank details. Naively I transferred €550 and later found out it was a fraud account. Dutch/ Irish police involved now but slim chances of getting my money back (lesson learnt). Anyway moving on. . 

Fast forward to now. I have been trying pretty much every minute of the day along with everyone in my office to try get me a pair of tickets and it's proving impossible. I really don't want to give any business to touts (not that I could afford to anyway) so these are my questions:

1) What are the chances of more becoming available (I'm on the waiting list)? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

2) What do you guys think of the idea of me buying a Thursday ticket then trying to find someone with a spare weekend ticket inside?  OR Getting in on a Thursday ticket and pulling the oul "I lost my wristband" trick 

fml. 

The only safe ways to buy tix from other people is via the site and from Ticketswap. Sad you got into that situation hm.

I think there are a few ways to get tix now. I've noticed that some people on the forum sometimes seem to have a spare or are in the situation where they have to cancel their trip so that they'd have to sell their tix here or trying to find people to sell 'm too. I'd keep an eye out on Ticketswap, but there it almost seems impossible to buy one even with the notifications on when one gets free. There's also a waiting list yes but I think those tix come free a few weeks before the festival starts (like 2 weeks or so?) so idk if you should count on that. Lastly I've noticed that there are a lot of competitions going on from brands whose are giving out tickets to the winners, so you could find some of those and enter?

I don't think it's gonna work out fine to try to get in on a Friday with only a Thursday bracelet or not even one on so. They've gotten strict at that point I think. Also I don't think you're gonna find anyone inside who'd be willing to sell his ticket for a Thursday + you'll probably get nothing out of that Thursday if you go searching all day for a spare weekend tick :/ 

Hope you get 2 tickets, just keep an eye on this thread. There are always people who're selling on here, just try to sell it via Ticketswap and nothing else :) 

Hello, 

Anybody know of somebody who is selling a Hive camping ticket ? My friends are all in Hive and tickets sold out, I'm willing to pay double the normal price for one. 

Transaction will be done via ticketswap with a private sale .

Thanks ! 

3 hours ago, arcuse said:

The only safe ways to buy tix from other people is via the site and from Ticketswap. Sad you got into that situation hm.

I think there are a few ways to get tix now. I've noticed that some people on the forum sometimes seem to have a spare or are in the situation where they have to cancel their trip so that they'd have to sell their tix here or trying to find people to sell 'm too. I'd keep an eye out on Ticketswap, but there it almost seems impossible to buy one even with the notifications on when one gets free. There's also a waiting list yes but I think those tix come free a few weeks before the festival starts (like 2 weeks or so?) so idk if you should count on that. Lastly I've noticed that there are a lot of competitions going on from brands whose are giving out tickets to the winners, so you could find some of those and enter?

I don't think it's gonna work out fine to try to get in on a Friday with only a Thursday bracelet or not even one on so. They've gotten strict at that point I think. Also I don't think you're gonna find anyone inside who'd be willing to sell his ticket for a Thursday + you'll probably get nothing out of that Thursday if you go searching all day for a spare weekend tick :/ 

Hope you get 2 tickets, just keep an eye on this thread. There are always people who're selling on here, just try to sell it via Ticketswap and nothing else :) 

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah I've now only been using TicketSwap and that will be the only thing I will be using from now on but yeah like you said it is impossible to get one even when I stay on the page all day refreshing! Nightmare.

I am not gonna give up though! Even if it means turning up on the day like s homeless person going around with my hand out "spare ticket?" And if that doesn't work I will have to just sell my hive camping and get a flight home. Fml 

8 hours ago, GinaScina said:

If anyone has any spare weekend tickets can you pm me. I will pay good dolla (well like no more than 120% face value) and I'll even send tit/dick/puppy/whatever you want pics too. 

try https://www.ticketswap.uk/rock-werchter theres always tickets on there (62 at the time of writing). You can save the pictures too, maybe donate something to a food bank instead.

40 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Im shocked from the news about Chris Cornell. I remember thinking in November that Temple of The Dog will play in RW this year. So sad :(

Celebrity deaths would never usually get to me but my god my heart sank when I heard. Audioslave and Soundgarden helped me through them years of teenage angst :(

6 hours ago, GinaScina said:

Celebrity deaths would never usually get to me but my god my heart sank when I heard. Audioslave and Soundgarden helped me through them years of teenage angst :(

This. Audioslave album came out when I was 16, I remember coming home from school in time to see Cochise on MTV2 everyday (How times have changed!) This news has really shocked me, I'll be having some beers listening to him all night tonight.

I'll bring my Soundgarden shirt to Werchter!

8 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

I think they do in some UK festivals, ill probably just print one out to be safe

They hand them out for free at the info stand, which is usually situated immediately at the right just after you passed the entrance.