Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Yes same ! What a line-up finally ! No big clashes

Thursday : Whitney - Prophets of Rage - Imagine Dragons - Lorde - Arcade Fire - Kings of Leon

Friday : Kaleo - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - Future Islands - Birdy or White Lies - Royal Blood - The Pretenders - Radiohead

Saturday : Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Blues Pills - Seasick Steve - Jimmy Eat World or Kodaline - Milky Chance - Passenger - System of A Down - Linkin Park

Sunday : Cage The Elephant or Nothing But Thieves - Dropkick Murphys - The Lumineers - Soulwax - The Avalanches - Foo Fighters

Do you like every band going?, can't see it being hard to please you on any lineup haha

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't think I will do more than 5-6 bands a day(at least not full sets). I have a lot of time where nothing interests me particularly, especially on early saturday.

Cigarettes after sex-> prophets of rage-> imahine dragons-> arcade fire-> kings of leon

Kaleo-> warhaus-> future islands-> white lies -> royal blood-> james blake-> radiohead

Whatever-> charli xcx-> kodaline->milky chance-> system of a down-> bonobo/linkin park

Nothing but thieves-> dropkick murphys-> the kills-> the lumineers-> warpaint-> soulwax-> the avalanches-> foo fighters

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Do you like every band going?, can't see it being hard to please you on any lineup haha

Ahah I've got diversified tastes; I'd say in this list the bands I don't listen to are Birdy (but I have loved a lot her show in 2014), White Lies, Milky Chance, Passenger, Jimmy Eat World, Cage The Elephant and Soulwax. So that makes several bands to see for the first time. But the strength of this line-up is undeniable; in my group of friends, many bands are very very  appreciated by all of us : Whitney, Kaleo, Rateliff, Seasick Steve, Future Islands, Dropkicks, Foos, Radiohead, Lumineers, Kings Of Leon, Imagine Dragons, Prophets of Rage. I think that if I had the same group last year with me, the only common attractions would be Rateliff, Paul McCartney, Gary Clark Jr, Glen Hansard and Robert Plant.

The amount of acts ADAPTED TO A FESTIVAL like RW, and which can be appreciated by a whole group of friends, is impressive.

BRAVO !!!

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Ahah I've got diversified tastes; I'd say in this list the bands I don't listen to are Birdy (but I have loved a lot her show in 2014), White Lies, Milky Chance, Passenger, Jimmy Eat World, Cage The Elephant and Soulwax. So that makes several bands to see for the first time. But the strength of this line-up is undeniable; in my group of friends, many bands are very very  appreciated by all of us : Whitney, Kaleo, Rateliff, Seasick Steve, Future Islands, Dropkicks, Foos, Radiohead, Lumineers, Kings Of Leon, Imagine Dragons, Prophets of Rage. I think that if I had the same group last year with me, the only common attractions would be Rateliff, Paul McCartney, Gary Clark Jr, Glen Hansard and Robert Plant.

The amount of acts ADAPTED TO A FESTIVAL like RW, and which can be appreciated by a whole group of friends, is impressive.

BRAVO !!!

That's fair enough, I'd see 12 this year. I'd actually like to see it next year when Glasto isn't on so I have that feeling off not being able to see acts where I'm already going/know what I won't miss. I kind of feel like if I can see a big act at Glasto I liked, I worked hard to get that ticket so maybe click it as an option but cancel it out due to this. It's a bit like at Coachella with RHCP in a way and a few others, they were very good that night and I think I'm drawn away from acts that would cost a lot of money to see unless really really like them to keep that experience there, not to say I haven't seen some of the smaller acts again.

I'd never heard of The Avalanches before but I am really enjoying them and will definitely be seeing them before Foo Fighters! After the general disappointment with the final few announcements it's nice to end with an act a lot of people on here seem to be excited about, and finally be able to plan the days!

I'm really looking forward to my first Rock Werchter, the festival sounds like it's got a great atmosphere, the free train service is a massive plus and the way they've split the stages is allowing me to see a lot of acts in between the main ones I'm looking forward to, on Saturday I can realistically see 11 acts (all 7 on the main stage and Glass Animals(if I run!), Kodaline, Passenger and Bonobo in between them), roll on June! :D

Does anybody know if you can check in to the Hive resort at any time day or night? We are driving to the festival and sorting out ferries etc. at the moment. RW is about 2.5 hours from Dunkirk, so we would probably be looking at anywhere from 10pm - midnight when we arrive. If there's a cut off we will have to just grab a hotel for the night - I'd rather do that than set off at 5am Thursday morning!

42 minutes ago, KingTen87 said:

Does anybody know if you can check in to the Hive resort at any time day or night? We are driving to the festival and sorting out ferries etc. at the moment. RW is about 2.5 hours from Dunkirk, so we would probably be looking at anywhere from 10pm - midnight when we arrive. If there's a cut off we will have to just grab a hotel for the night - I'd rather do that than set off at 5am Thursday morning!

No problem last year we arrived ar 2am I think. It's open 24h.

Good morning all, trust everyone is well

Just a really quick question I hope a few of the regulars can help with. As mentioned above, the Soulwax, Avalanches, Foos combination seems like a cracking end to a festival. However, not just on the Sunday (on most days it seems to be an issue), with the undercard and Sub acts (on the Friday and Sunday) not seeming as strong as in recent years how packed will these tents get? I remember seeing Biffy in a tent with no issues but the line up was a lot stronger (lower down the bill) that year. 

Will i need to sacrifice an act to ensure that i get into the tent for Soulwax? 

18 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

This is tricky, but I would say: Yes. Biffy isn't as popular as Soulwax around here. On the other hand, maybe there will be lots of people chosing for good spots for the Avalanches or for standing in front at Foo's. I for one am making sure to be on time in the Barn to have a (good) spot for Soulwax. Last year stayed to long watching LCD at pukkelpop, missed the beginning of Soulwax and had to stand just outside the tent :(

22 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Just a really quick question I hope a few of the regulars can help with. As mentioned above, the Soulwax, Avalanches, Foos combination seems like a cracking end to a festival. However, not just on the Sunday (on most days it seems to be an issue), with the undercard and Sub acts (on the Friday and Sunday) not seeming as strong as in recent years how packed will these tents get? I remember seeing Biffy in a tent with no issues but the line up was a lot stronger (lower down the bill) that year. 

I'd get in the tent in time, it can get pretty crowded. Especially because Soulwax are clashing with Alt-J who I don't think will attract as many people as a sub should. I want to watch The Lumineers and I'm going straight to the Barn after they finish on the Main Stage. 

27 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Biffy is not very popular in Belgium so you can't really compare it. The tents can definitely get full in the evening. If you really want to see Soulwax, I'd advise you to get in the tent just after Rag'N Bone Man/The Lumineers finish if you want a decent spot.

Also, some other tips for the tents:

- Sometimes it looks like the tent is full but often you can shuffle through the crowd to get to the sides. A lot of people stay in the back while there are still some really good less-crowded spots at the front left/right. 

- If you wanna see an act in the other tent after an act, stay on that side. For example: I'll probably watch Soulwax from the front left in The Barn so I can run to the right side of Klub C just afterwards to watch The Avalanches. If you are on the right side of The Barn, Klub C will probably already be full by the time you get there... 

Edited by ThijsDB

First time going this year im from the uk and its a bit confusing, i have got my ticket but im unsure on camping whats the deal with c3 and c7 they look like miles away from the festival. Also what is the deal with food vouchers can you not use money while you are there?I havent bought camping yet but if theres anyone that can offer advice for a noob it would be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Ryanp1993 said:

First time going this year im from the uk and its a bit confusing, i have got my ticket but im unsure on camping whats the deal with c3 and c7 they look like miles away from the festival. Also what is the deal with food vouchers can you not use money while you are there?I havent bought camping yet but if theres anyone that can offer advice for a noob it would be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Camping c3 and c7 are indeed quite far away but since The Hive and A1 are already sold out, you don't have another option. I think it's about a 20min walk so it's doable but you can also search for a hive/A1 camping ticket online. 

On the voucher thing: you can indeed not use cash on the festival. You can buy vouchers online (cheapest) and on the festival. Outside the festival, there are also a lot of food stalls where you can pay cash. 

1 hour ago, marinerbk said:

I'm not from Leuven but I'm sure you can find something there. Not sure exactly where though so hopefully someone else can help you out.