• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

And the beers never cheap ;)

We don't even know what cheap means :P 

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

Thoughts on Lana Del Rey? Just confirmed for Radio 1 Big Weekend and doing a handful of fests.

Lana Del Ray played third down in the Barn in 2012. I still think that the Klub C headliner will be an electronic act, that tent is almost always headlined with that type of music from what I remember....

The Cult and Pixies are both free the RW weekend also but are probably way too big for the remaining slots. ...but as this last announcement is dragging on there seems to be something's not going according to plan so I'm gonna hope for them two :P 

I find it strange that The Pretenders are playing both Rock Werchter and TW Classic when either fest could possibly have had The Cult or Pixies.....

6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Lana Del Ray played third down in the Barn in 2012. I still think that the Klub C headliner will be an electronic act, that tent is almost always headlined with that type of music from what I remember....

I think it usually is but we had Skunk Anasie headlining Klub C last year. Gabriel Rios in 2015. Think theres a little bit of wiggle room, particularly if they're trying to fill a vacant slot

19 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Can't remember if it was her or Lionel Ritchie, but last year she either subbed or got to play 3th down on TW Classic. She's way to big for that Klub C spot, but with the acts announced so far for RW.. Everything is possible

She played just before Bruce...and bored the hell out of everyone. Was a big mis-cast. But then again, everybody was there just to see Bruce and all those who came on before him were appetisers, side-dishes. 

Edited by DaveRSV4

20 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

She played just before Bruce...and bored the hell out of everyone. Was a big mis-cast. But then again, everybody was there just to see Bruce and all those who came on before him were appetisers, side-dishes. 

+1, saw her last year at Vieilles Charrues, and she was very boring... In a headline show, with a kind of trippy atmosphere I don't doubt she could be awesome, but she's not adapted to a festival..

I remember 2012 edition...it was Saturday and I was talking with two Americans about Pearl Jam gig (that was Friday). I was pretty close to the stage in a "GC" sector and they - ultra PJ fans didn't get in. Reason ? Seeing Lana del Rey in KbC. Quoting those guys...she was boring as fuck. And she can't sing. Was just walking round the stage combing her hair.

I don't need my own opinion about that girl, don't wanna see her but I truly can't understand the pehenomenon (based on radio hearsay)

53 minutes ago, heti said:

I remember 2012 edition...it was Saturday and I was talking with two Americans about Pearl Jam gig (that was Friday). I was pretty close to the stage in a "GC" sector and they - ultra PJ fans didn't get in. Reason ? Seeing Lana del Rey in KbC. Quoting those guys...she was boring as fuck. And she can't sing. Was just walking round the stage combing her hair.

I don't need my own opinion about that girl, don't wanna see her but I truly can't understand the pehenomenon (based on radio hearsay)

In my opinion, shes one of those acts where the quality of the songwriting takes preference over the actual performance. Would love to see her and make up my own mind :)

2 hours ago, McCallion said:

In my opinion, shes one of those acts where the quality of the songwriting takes preference over the actual performance. Would love to see her and make up my own mind :)

I can understand you wanting to see her. She truly is easy on the eyes! ;)

4 hours ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Was a big mis-cast.

Maybe that could be a reason why they'd add her to the bill but I just don't see it happening, though a tent as Klub C is the perfect location for her. I just think she'll ask to much as where she wants to play (late, headlining Barn act or so).. 

28 minutes ago, MassiveChemicalPunk said:

Avalanches & Foster the People would be great adds!

Do you guys think Spoon could headline KluB C?

Spoon would be great but they are ruled out because they have to perform 4 days in a row (Werchter included). So that's very unlikely but if they are added It would be great.

On 18/04/2017 at 9:04 PM, MassiveChemicalPunk said:

Thanks for the help! I'll guess we will have to rent a car to get to the festival. Also the hoodie would be a must apparently. I'm used to 28 to 34°C all year round. 

And I'm really happy that the beer is cheap! 

Just to let you know, free train travel is included with the cost of your ticket. We fly over from Scotland & catch the train from the airport to Leuven where free shuttle buses are provided to the festival. Train vouchers normally available around the start of June. 

1 minute ago, Sunny Afternoon Don said:

Just to let you know, free train travel is included with the cost of your ticket. We fly over from Scotland & catch the train from the airport to Leuven where free shuttle buses are provided to the festival. Train vouchers normally available around the start of June. 

Good to know! The only problem I have is that I did search for trains from Leuven to Brussels after 1am everyday and there are none. So that is my problem unfortunately. 

16 hours ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Strange that yesterday they released the official RW-poster with "all" the names , but there are stil 3 names missing! Which probably means these last three names won't be released very soon, or they're stil searching / negotiating?

Could you point me in the direction of this poster please? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Only two names are missing, not three. Can't imagine someone before kaleo and doing a half an hour show. Also, I don't think it really matters that they designed this poster already. It would take a designer something like 5 minutes to add two other names to it.

23 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

My conclusion from last night... Frank Turner is the best frontman in the world.

Not only is he a great frontman, he's an unbelievably nice guy as well. I met him before a charity gig in November and he was so friendly and down to earth. Positive Songs for Negative People is one of my favourite albums, I listen to it all the time. Would have loved to see him on the RW bill but I am going to see him at his own mini festival at the Camden Roundhouse on May 15th which will be great - my GF gets to see him support Blink-182 as well!

13 minutes ago, KingTen87 said:

Not only is he a great frontman, he's an unbelievably nice guy as well. I met him before a charity gig in November and he was so friendly and down to earth. Positive Songs for Negative People is one of my favourite albums, I listen to it all the time. Would have loved to see him on the RW bill but I am going to see him at his own mini festival at the Camden Roundhouse on May 15th which will be great - my GF gets to see him support Blink-182 as well!

When my friend was fundraising for my other friend who had cancer, he tweeted Frank Turner asking him to retweet his fundraising page. Not only did he retweet within the hour, he donated 150 pounds! A top guy!