Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how way out do people reckon I am suggesting The Kooks as Friday night Klub C headline?

I'm not sure how popular they are in Belgium but:

- They'd be a contrast from Radiohead

- They are playing other European festivals 

- They currently aren't playing any shows around that time

- Would certainly be big enough to headline a smaller stage in the U.K but not main stage (imo)

3 minutes ago, thetechi said:

So how way out do people reckon I am suggesting The Kooks as Friday night Klub C headline?

I'm not sure how popular they are in Belgium but:

- They'd be a contrast from Radiohead

- They are playing other European festivals 

- They currently aren't playing any shows around that time

- Would certainly be big enough to headline a smaller stage in the U.K but not main stage (imo)

My guess for a Klub C headliner would be some kind of a dans/techno act, I have no particular name in mind though....

3 hours ago, heti said:

I remember The Kooks were playing in KbC/Barn during The Cure in 2012. And hearing their brand new single today just had some trip down the memory lane. But they were done after 2nd record IMO. 

The Kooks played in the Barn that night, Skrillex was the last act in the Klub C.....

12 hours ago, thetechi said:

they're playing a club show with their 'best-off' in may, but I don't think it rules them out, I just expect them somewhere else than RW. Maybe Lokerse Feesten or Cactus Festival where they'd have a (sub)headline spot

Edited by arcuse

Don't you guys find it strange how long it takes to announce the last few names? One might think that something came up, some cancelations or contract problems, so they need to change their original plans. What that means exactly, I have no idea....

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

Don't you guys find it strange how long it takes to announce the last few names? One might think that something came up, some cancelations or contract problems, so they need to change their original plans. What that means exactly, I have no idea....

I'm finding it very strange... it's my first year so I don't know if it's ever been like this before, but it certainly doesn't sound like it! 

I cant think of another reason to delay other than not having the acts 100% confirmed, maybe it's even a case of having two confirmed and waiting on the third to announce them all at once. 

If it was a headline/sub spot maybe you could argue it's to build interest, but with it only being a Klub C headline/sub headline and possibly a main stage opener that doesn't really make sense. 

Do you think there's any chance of them reshuffling the stages/times, if not for all days just the two incomplete? Because they could end up booking a replacement that doesn't really fit Klub C or make sense to clash against Radiohead or Alt J. 

Edited by alexlloyd

Hey guys! I will be travelling from El Salvador for my first Rock Werchter. I've always been interested in this festival. I've been to Coachella 2008 - 2012 and 2015. I've grown fairly tired of the same festival so this time I'm trying out Werchter and since Radiohead is performing, this is a no brainer.

I do have some questions, and I need your help because I've never been to an European Festival.

1. How is the weather? Rain? Is it cold at night to bring a hoodie?

2. Is there public transportation once the fest is over or should I take a car instead? ( I will be staying in Brussels, already have my airbnb )

3. What are the prices for beer? food? Coachella beers are $9.... yep. So I want to be prepared.

4. Anything else I should know before arriving to the fest?

Thanks in advance guys!

1 hour ago, MassiveChemicalPunk said:

Hey guys! I will be travelling from El Salvador for my first Rock Werchter. I've always been interested in this festival. I've been to Coachella 2008 - 2012 and 2015. I've grown fairly tired of the same festival so this time I'm trying out Werchter and since Radiohead is performing, this is a no brainer.

I do have some questions, and I need your help because I've never been to an European Festival.

1. How is the weather? Rain? Is it cold at night to bring a hoodie?

2. Is there public transportation once the fest is over or should I take a car instead? ( I will be staying in Brussels, already have my airbnb )

3. What are the prices for beer? food? Coachella beers are $9.... yep. So I want to be prepared.

4. Anything else I should know before arriving to the fest?

Thanks in advance guys!

1. Weather is generally good, with last year being an exception. You're probably used to hot weather in El Salvador so a hoodie might not be a bad idea, last year temperatures dropped to around 10°C at night but some other years you might get baked in your tent.

2. There are always shuttle busses to Leuven, also at night but if you're staying in Brussels, you'll definitely need a car/taxi from Leuven.

3. At Werchter, you can buy drink/food tickets which cost €2,5 each. Beer is 1 ticket, food 2 - 4 i'd say, so no Coachella prices. Be sure to buy them in advance (you can find more information on the website)

4. Not really, just have fun and meet some Belgians :)

1 hour ago, ThijsDB said:

1. Weather is generally good, with last year being an exception. You're probably used to hot weather in El Salvador so a hoodie might not be a bad idea, last year temperatures dropped to around 10°C at night but some other years you might get baked in your tent.

2. There are always shuttle busses to Leuven, also at night but if you're staying in Brussels, you'll definitely need a car/taxi from Leuven.

3. At Werchter, you can buy drink/food tickets which cost €2,5 each. Beer is 1 ticket, food 2 - 4 i'd say, so no Coachella prices. Be sure to buy them in advance (you can find more information on the website)

4. Not really, just have fun and meet some Belgians :)

Thanks for the help! I'll guess we will have to rent a car to get to the festival. Also the hoodie would be a must apparently. I'm used to 28 to 34°C all year round. 

And I'm really happy that the beer is cheap! 

2 minutes ago, MassiveChemicalPunk said:

Thanks for the help! I'll guess we will have to rent a car to get to the festival. Also the hoodie would be a must apparently. I'm used to 28 to 34°C all year round. 

And I'm really happy that the beer is cheap! 

We don't even get that heat (28 to 34°C) on an extremely good day here in Iceland ;) 

Hey guys, still waiting for the next announcement :( Just a quick question, does anyone know how to book a locker in The Hive camping? Couldn't find any tickets or info. Also, are there any free charging outlets or is it limited to the power banks rented out on site?

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, kris0624 said:

Paramore just dropped a UK tour ending 22nd June. What are the odds they could be the Saturday Barn headliner?

I am hopeful but will do the Manchester date regardless.

Well, the Saturday line up is complete, so those odds are practically zero... The only spots still open are the Friday Klub C closer (during Radiohead) and the second to last spot in Klub C on Sunday. Maybe a friday main stage opener. 

I don't see them playing any of those spots, so better get your Manchester tickets!

Just now, visdave34 said:

Well, the Saturday line up is complete, so those odds are practically zero... The only spots still open are the Friday Klub C closer (during Radiohead) and the second to last spot in Klub C on Sunday. Maybe a friday main stage opener. 

I don't see them playing any of those spots, so better get your Manchester tickets!

Ah, thought in my head it was a Barn closer we were waiting for not KlubC.

2 hours ago, branvan said:

Moderat, Jaar and Trente ruled out imo because of other Belgian festival dates. Röyksopp would be ace. Or could it be a band Pukkelpop and Rock Werchter both wants them to play? SLOWDIVE?...

In my opinion it will be Circa Waves/Highly suspect/De Staat for the main opener - Mø/the Avalanches for the klub c sub and - Foster the people/run the jewels for klub c headliner.