Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

33 minutes ago, thetechi said:

"Oooh great! 16 Werchter notifications, maybe the final acts have been announced..."

Oh. No. Just a couple of people bitching like teenagers.

Get real folks, this is an online forum about a festival, not a high-school playground where you get bullied for liking or not liking a specific band. 

I had enough of that when I was 12.

Can we get back on topic please??

Sooo... what do we think to it being this Friday?  :lol:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

Sooo... what do we think to it being this Friday?  :lol:

I'd like to think so... almost three weeks since any real news.

If new contracts were being made it's very possible they'd be complete by now.

Question is, as it's only a couple of names, will it be a Friday announcement or just a 3pm on a random day?

21 minutes ago, thetechi said:

I'd like to think so... almost three weeks since any real news.

If new contracts were being made it's very possible they'd be complete by now.

Question is, as it's only a couple of names, will it be a Friday announcement or just a 3pm on a random day?

I suppose it could be any day really, the fact they said 'we'll keep you updated' and have left it multiple weeks to announce 2-3 acts in fairly unimportant slots surely can't mean anything other than some acts fell through? 

So I'd guess it'll keep trend and be either the Wednesday or Friday of the week they manage to get them 100% on board. I'm choosing to believe everyone I'm going to see is already there anyway, then if any of them are worth seeing it's a nice surprise. I'm more than happy with what there is anyway, it would just be nice to see the full poster!

I suppose for the dreamers there could be a surprise coming/they're working on a couple of well known names which is causing the delay, but I've been hurt before :lol:

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

I suppose it could be any day really, the fact they said 'we'll keep you updated' and have left it multiple weeks to announce 2-3 acts in fairly unimportant slots surely can't mean anything other than some acts fell through? 

So I'd guess it'll keep trend and be either the Wednesday or Friday of the week they manage to get them 100% on board. I'm choosing to believe everyone I'm going to see is already there anyway, then if any of them are worth seeing it's a nice surprise. I'm more than happy with what there is anyway, it would just be nice to see the full poster!

I suppose for the dreamers there could be a surprise coming/they're working on a couple of well known names which is causing the delay, but I've been hurt before :lol:

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

I have been looking at Klub C over the past few years and have not been interested in any of the headliners in there so don't expect to be this year.

Would be lovely to get someone unexpected though but will have to wait and see. Unlikely for anyone well-known though. As the only spots seem to be opening Main (potential) or headlining Klub C (unlikely as it's too small). Fingers crossed for word on Friday.

I got the feeling they'll move Chainsmokers to the main stage. With KoL finishing early (00:40) and we don't have any dance-act on the main stage, I'd think this is a possibility. They wouldn't be my first choice as a dance-act, but there is no denying their popularity.....

32 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I got the feeling they'll move Chainsmokers to the main stage. With KoL finishing early (00:40) and we don't have any dance-act on the main stage, I'd think this is a possibility. They wouldn't be my first choice as a dance-act, but there is no denying their popularity.....

You reckon? I wasn't even sure that was possible.

Thought once the lineup was set, that was it.

They've changed it before but that's been do to lineup changes, cancelation or something like that. I just find it strange that we don't have any dance-act on the main stage and there is a possibility on that Thursday. Maybe my feeling is only because of that....

7 minutes ago, Gossard said:

They've changed it before but that's been do to lineup changes, cancelation or something like that. I just find it strange that we don't have any dance-act on the main stage and there is a possibility on that Thursday. Maybe my feeling is only because of that....

Yeah, I get that. 
As I said before, fingers crossed there's a big and unexpected surprise.

4 hours ago, thetechi said:

You reckon? I wasn't even sure that was possible.

Thought once the lineup was set, that was it.

He could be correct, it's not hugely surprising to see them in a tent though as at Creamfields they are only in a tent.

4 hours ago, thetechi said:

Yeah, I get that. 
As I said before, fingers crossed there's a big and unexpected surprise.

I think they've had plenty of time to grab one if they are going to, it's not like the festival doesn't attract big names.

8 hours ago, Gossard said:

I was wondering that. Still find it completely bizarre that theres no real main stage dance headliner

8 hours ago, Gossard said:

since they said that thursday and saturday are locked in i would assume no changes anymore, not even a chainsmokers on the mainstage.

it is how it is...since i mostly dont make it until the end of the dance act on thursday, i dont mind  that there is no act on that spot this year :)

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think they've had plenty of time to grab one if they are going to, it's not like the festival doesn't attract big names.

No, I get that, but what I was saying was, I'm not quite sure where they'd go...

They've already said Thursday and Saturday lineups are complete now and the only spaces are small ones, or Klub C headline which I don't think even then would attract anyone considered that 'big'. Unless they had a complete shakeup on Friday and Sunday but that would seem pointless and would involve SO much paperwork.

1 hour ago, reaper said:

it is how it is...since i mostly dont make it until the end of the dance act on thursday, i dont mind  that there is no act on that spot this year :)

Haha same here. Maybe this year we'll finally go to the Hive party, our old bones were always too tired to do that before.

Hi everyone! I have a question regarding the food and drink coupons. Would I be able to use them in the Hive? I mean, are there places to buy food and drinks with coupons in The Hive or those can only be used inside the festival?

I'm asking this, because I want to know if I should buy some extra coupons for Wendsday night.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, richycampos said:

Hi everyone! I have a question regarding the food and drink coupons. Would I be able to use them in the Hive? I mean, are there places to buy food and drinks with coupons in The Hive or those can only be used inside the festival?

I'm asking this, because I want to know if I should buy some extra coupons for Wendsday night.

Thanks in advance!

Thr food and drink stalls in the hive accept coupons exclusively, no cash :)

1 hour ago, pabsnesiac said:

Anyone in need of somewhere to crash? Three friends and me got an army tent and we have 4 spaces available... also, anyone know how to get acid at rock werchter? Sorry if this question is innapropriate lol

Kinda curious if it's easy to acquire too tbh. Hoping we'd find pot at least.

1 hour ago, thetechi said:

So this might seem stupid but how big is Easter in Belgium?

Guessing it'll be 2 weeks until we have a chance of getting the final names?

The time this is taking gives me hope that we'll have some sort of a surprise.....but it's probably just wishful thinking :P