Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, SoLoCo said:

Saw Soulwax at the Manchester Ritz tonight. We are in for a treat at RW! Incredible show!

I'll take them over Alt-J, that's for sure.....

After I saw 2ManyDJs in 2009 (I had never heard of them at the time) I've always wanted to see Soulwax and in three months I will :) 

3 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Said noone ever. 

Bring on Alt-J

Well, as Alt-J are beyond boring in my opinion I'd take almost any band over them. You just have to learn to except that people have different taste music. We are a group of 50 and not one in that group is interested in Alt-J...

Edited by Gossard

32 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Well, as Alt-J are beyond boring in my opinion I'd take almost any band over them. You just have to learn to except that people have different taste music. We are a group of 50 and not one in that group is interested in Alt-J...

Count yourself lucky, the 2 major festivals I'm going they're playing both. 

Will be avoiding like Gerrard and a premier league medal. :lol:

30 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Are you this much of a twat in real life?

I think he's is just a young and immature boy who doesn't know how to interact with adults. In a few years, when he turns 18 and his parents kick him out, he'll hopefully mature a little and as a result be a little more polite :)  I believe in him :D  

37 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

This is so crazy, liking alt j makes me a twat? Get fucked.

You're not getting it are you?

It's not the liking of Alt-J that makes you a twat. It's the insistence that no-one else's opinion is valid if it's not the same as yours

And for the record, Alt-J are boring as fuck and massively overrated. 

But I respect your opinion to think that they're not.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

20 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

You're not getting it are you?

It's not the liking of Alt-J that makes you a twat. It's the insistence that no-one else's opinion is valid if it's not the same as yours

And for the record, Alt-J are boring as fuck and massively overrated. 

But I respect your opinion to think that they're not.

Ummm look at what you just said calling me a twat , you're pretty dumb to not realise your double standard hypocrisy, I like at j and if you don't that's you choice ... but its boring seeing all this neg about acts announced bore off 

8 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Ummm look at what you just said calling me a twat , you're pretty dumb to not realise your double standard hypocrisy, I like at j and if you don't that's you choice ... but its boring seeing all this neg about acts announced bore off 

Maybe your rep would be a bit higher if you stopped complaining ;) 

But all joke aside, I agree completely with DiscothequeDave. It's not about Alt-J or any other band for that matter. I have no problem with people not liking my taste in music. It's about the way you talk. You childish rudeness is tiresome. The standard in this forum has dropped massively since you arrived a few months back. I dare you to step up your game and just be nice and polite....I assure you other people will treat you the same way in return....if that's too difficult for you I'd seek professional help (i'm being serious now, if you're unable to be nice and polite, there is something seriously wrong).

There is a saying in Icelandic that goes (in lose translation) "If everybody around you are assholes, maybe they are not the problem, maybe you need to look inside your self". ....This fits perfectly with you and this little situation we have here. 

This will be the last time I waste my time on you if you don't change your behavior....  

"Oooh great! 16 Werchter notifications, maybe the final acts have been announced..."

Oh. No. Just a couple of people bitching like teenagers.

Get real folks, this is an online forum about a festival, not a high-school playground where you get bullied for liking or not liking a specific band. 

I had enough of that when I was 12.

Can we get back on topic please??