Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Gossard said:

There is a rule, at least here in Iceland, if you spot a April fools day joke, you don't say anything to inform others and ruin the joke ;)

Damn...sorry :( 

Edit: you're in the storm eye Gossard...-rep for saying that :( 

Edited by alan_ts

19 minutes ago, Gossard said:

-rep for you because I don't agree that you should give me -rep ;) 

It wasn't me dear Gossard...I've remarked the fact someone downvote you without a reason. :) 

Edit: everytime you receive a -rep I give you a + because I'm feeling like the Robin Hood of forum good reputation :):) 

Edited by alan_ts

18 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

It wasn't me dear Gossard...I've remarked the fact someone downvote you without a reason. :) 

Edit: everytime you receive a -rep I give you a + because I'm feeling like the Robin Hood of forum good reputation :):) 

Ahh, sorry, I misunderstood you. I'll take the -rep back ;)

Damn, I got excited. I couldn't get tickets for Temple of the Dog in Phlily. :crying:

So far I prefer RW lineup than Glasto. There are some bands like Biffy that I'll be seeing in small clubs here in the US. Sad that they are discarded from the lineup.

Guess It's a matter of taste, but I'd take AF or Soad over Ed Sheeran/Katy Perry anytime.

Hey guys,

I have a practical travel question. I'm coming from Canada for the festival and the last time I went was in 2009, so I'm having trouble remembering how I actually got out of the grounds last time and on to my next destination.

On the day after the festival ends, July 3, I'm going to London. I want to buy a train ticket from Brussels to London that leaves at 10:56 AM, so I'd want to get to Brussels at like 9:30 to be safe. Is it realistic to think I'll get to Brussels by that time? I thought I'd take the festival bus to Leuven station at like 8 AM (assuming they're running) and then take the train from Leuven to Brussels, but is it usually a total shit-show getting out of the festival grounds on the morning after it ends? I just want to make sure I'm actually likely to arrive in Brussels by 9:30 before I book this pretty expensive train ticket to London for 10:56 AM.

If you want to be at Brussels at 09:30, dont wait for the festival shuttle at 8 as there will probably be a big queue by then. Keep in mind that the shuttle ride, the wait for the train and the train ride itself will consume ~ one hour. I didnt camp a few years now though,  and it seems that there are less camping areas then before so things might have change. 

42 minutes ago, A Praise Chorus said:

Hey guys,

I have a practical travel question. I'm coming from Canada for the festival and the last time I went was in 2009, so I'm having trouble remembering how I actually got out of the grounds last time and on to my next destination.

On the day after the festival ends, July 3, I'm going to London. I want to buy a train ticket from Brussels to London that leaves at 10:56 AM, so I'd want to get to Brussels at like 9:30 to be safe. Is it realistic to think I'll get to Brussels by that time? I thought I'd take the festival bus to Leuven station at like 8 AM (assuming they're running) and then take the train from Leuven to Brussels, but is it usually a total shit-show getting out of the festival grounds on the morning after it ends? I just want to make sure I'm actually likely to arrive in Brussels by 9:30 before I book this pretty expensive train ticket to London for 10:56 AM.

I think you'll really struggle. I can't rememer how long it is before the train departs but last time I took the Eurostar I had to be there early to "check in", a bit like for a flight.

Because you won't necessarily be able to get on the first shuttle either, I wouldn't be booking a train that early myself. I'd be looking at 2pm onwards to take the stress out of it. If you get to Brussels early you can just chill out have some "real" food after 5 days of festival food!

Edited by h1210

1 hour ago, A Praise Chorus said:

Hey guys,

Just get an earlier train to brussels, they run from about 5am.