Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I would love to have nothing to worry about in life like you lot obviously do! it's fictitious numbering that means nothing, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it guys :)

I don't think people give a damm about reps. It's the childishness of some on here that's spoiling it for others. Personal opinions posted on here are simply that. Better ignoring the posts uf people don't agree with them

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I would love to have nothing to worry about in life like you lot obviously do! it's fictitious numbering that means nothing, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it guys :)

I'm a 38 year old, father of two, electrical engineer who is in the middle of designing all electricity in a 5 star, seven storey, Marriott hotel here in Iceland...trust me, I have other things to worry about then these reps.

But that does not change that it's annoying when some childish asshole keeps digging up old post to give you -reps...and I can tell you I suspect it's you @Skankhunt42 as you are the only one in here I've ever had any problem with when you made your very shameful comments about gay people and this started soon after that. 

Some people judge credibility in here on reps, amongst other things, and I myself consider myself one of the old and trusted people in here. I might say my opinion but I'm never rude. I respect others and I expect to get some respect in return.

21 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I'm a 38 year old, father of two, electrical engineer who is in the middle of designing all electricity in a 5 star, seven storey, Marriott hotel here in Iceland...trust me, I have other things to worry about then these reps.

But that does not change that it's annoying when some childish asshole keeps digging up old post to give you -reps...and I can tell you I suspect it's you @Skankhunt42 as you are the only one in here I've ever had any problem with when you made your very shameful comments about gay people and this started soon after that. 

Some people judge credibility in here on reps, amongst other things, and I myself consider myself one of the old and trusted people in here. I might say my opinion but I'm never rude. I respect others and I expect to get some respect in return.

You're insane mate, you're now hitting me with abuse for no reason; I never made shameful comments against gay people many of my friends are gay so don't take a word I used out of context, your desperation in rep on here is beyond pathetic and I take my hat off to whoever is down voting you after your accusations above.

I have a lot more going on in my life than crying over neg rep and neg repping u historically regardless if u can only rep 3 a day how could it possibly be me.

Loser

Hi guys,

This will be my first year at RW! I have heard many people say the prices are very high at this festival and I'm wondering how many vouchers I should buy for the 4 days? Would it be better to just bring my own food?

Also, does anyone have a general idea of the breakdown of prices at the festival i.e. Drinks, food, phone charging, showers etc.

Thank you guys, hope you have a great festival!!

1 minute ago, TomMorelloisGod said:

Hi guys,

This will be my first year at RW! I have heard many people say the prices are very high at this festival and I'm wondering how many vouchers I should buy for the 4 days? Would it be better to just bring my own food?

Also, does anyone have a general idea of the breakdown of prices at the festival i.e. Drinks, food, phone charging, showers etc.

I find the food and drinks at the festival site to be a bit too expensive I'd say. Which says a lot since I come from Denmark which has some insane food prices at the festivals. However, there are a lot of cheaper food and drink stands just outside of the festival site. I would recommend to bring as much light food and alcohol to the campsite as possible, and eat more solid food at the stands. 

3 minutes ago, TomMorelloisGod said:

Hi guys,

It depends from your habits how many coupons you need per day.

Buying in advance 1 coupon = 2.5€.

Bring your own food could be a good idea.

1 coupon = 1 small beer

1,5 (or 2 I dont remember) = pommes frit

1 or 2 coupons = vietnamese or something similar

3 coupons = pizza, kebab, bacardi mojito 

33 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

You're insane mate, you're now hitting me with abuse for no reason; I never made shameful comments against gay people many of my friends are gay so don't take a word I used out of context, your desperation in rep on here is beyond pathetic and I take my hat off to whoever is down voting you after your accusations above.

I have a lot more going on in my life than crying over neg rep and neg repping u historically regardless if u can only rep 3 a day how could it possibly be me.

Loser

Of course you didn't. I mean, you got warned from the admin here on the e-festival forum that if you ever said anything like that again you'd be thrown out of the forum....but I guess the admin in here was wrong about your shameful comments also? Everybody who were offended by your comment were also wrong, but you, you are RIGHT! 

I didn't abuse you in any way. I said that I SUSPECT you and explained why. You on the other hand called me insane, beyond pathetic and looser...all in the same post. But of course you didn't say any of that either......

4 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Of course you didn't. I mean, you got warned from the admin here on the e-festival forum that if you ever said anything like that again you'd be thrown out of the forum....but I guess the admin in here was wrong about your shameful comments also? Everybody who were offended by your comment were also wrong, but you, you are RIGHT! 

I didn't abuse you in any way. I said that I SUSPECT you and explained why. You on the other hand called me insane, beyond pathetic and looser...all in the same post. But of course you didn't say any of that either......

i'm done with this boringconvo man, let's leave it at that, I couldn't care less

5 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Anyway....

Back on topic - do any artists ever do 'Secret Sets' or separate unscheduled acoustic sets similar to Glastonbury or Reading/Leeds at Rock Werchter?

I haven't ever seen this in European festivals before...

Not at Werchter, everything is planned to the second... Or they were so secret, I haven't even noticed in all those years I was there... ;-)

I do know in Holland Best Kept Secret (what's in a name) has those 'secret' acoustic sets in the forest and also at Lowlands Festival there are small (acoustic) sessions in a specially converted freight container.

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

Think you got him banged to rights on that one mate.

Judging by his response he knows it to. :lol:

Edited by thetime

2 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Not at Werchter, everything is planned to the second... Or they were so secret, I haven't even noticed in all those years I was there... ;-)

I do know in Holland Best Kept Secret (what's in a name) has those 'secret' acoustic sets in the forest and also at Lowlands Festival there are small (acoustic) sessions in a specially converted freight container.

Hmmm although, having said this, Passenger is known for rocking up in the bar area and playing an extra acoustic set at pretty much every gig he goes to... 

So I wouldn't completely rule him out.

6 hours ago, TomMorelloisGod said:

Hi guys,

Hi, it all depends on much drinks you "need" to buy per day. I usually buy 100coupons for 4 days (20drinks and something to eat per day) but end up buying some extra coupons the last day. saves up to 25€ to buy 100 in advance. 

Like alan_ts said: Food is cheaper outside. It we get the same wheather as last year (hopefully not:(), you can bring food to the festival. However, if it's freaking hot the whole weekend like 4 or 5 years ago, you'd better not bring food. Best to eat a solid (decent) meal before going to the festival, take some fruit and snacks to the site

phonecharging at festival is possible but you could end up in a long queue. I'd buy a powerbank If I was you. It's also possible to hire a powerbank on the Hive or on the festival at Proximus-stand.

showers at Hive camping costs 1.5 coupons which is 3,75€! You get a number, so you don't have stand in a queue. 

Enjoy your first Rock Werchter!!! 

Edited by DaveRSV4

So, what are peoples thoughts on the remaining acts being announced this Friday? I found it odd it read "Still a few spots to be filled in for Friday 30 June and Sunday 2 July. We will keep you posted on this", it almost sounds as if they don't have them finalised yet. Surely if there are only 2-3 acts left (and booked) in fairly modest positions compared to what's already announced, they would just announce them this Friday?

I can't see it changing my plans too much, perhaps I'll be settling at the main stage with a beer an hour earlier on the Friday depending on who the opener is, but that's about it :D Would just be nice to get the full picture.

We could've had Anderson .Paak but no. Id exchange the hiphop acts we now have any day for Stormzy and Paak (or RTJ) smh. 

FJM, Kate Tempest, Temples, The Jacksons, Biffy Clyro, HAIM, The Avalanches, Angel Olsen, The Lemon Twigs.. RW missed out on a lot of nice acts this year big time