Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

2 hours ago, grumpykrogan said:

Also, Blues Pills or Glass Animals?

I'm undecided which I wanna see, YT videos were not conclusive. 

When I'm in doubt and neither bands are a must-see, I go to the tent. The tent usually has better atmosphere, doesnt overlap with the other tent and if something is not working for you there, you can go to the mainstage and still get a decent spot without interfering others in the crowd which you cant always do the other way around.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

if I don't purchase food tickets in advance, where do you get them at the festival? Thanks in advance

There stands to buy them almost next to every drinkstand. In advance it's €2.5. When u pay electronically at the festival it's €2.75, cash €3.

Edited by Jefferke

9 hours ago, ThePushover said:

I always eat whilst watching the bands and if it's someone I'm not fussed for seeing/being at the front for I'll just chill at the back. I always try to be seeing a band and getting my value for money. Especially when there's so many I want to see! 

I hold the same mentality 

10 hours ago, Gossard said:

Blues Pills, no question, great band......I can't stand all this indy pop music...!

This is great....I say my opinion and get -rep....well done people, well done. From now on I'm gonna start give -rep for every post that I don't agree with. Not post that are rude or not appropriate in some way, no, just post that I don't agree with...!

Edited by Gossard

8 minutes ago, Gossard said:

This is great....I say my opinion and get -rep....well done people, well done. From now on I'm gonna start give -rep for every post that I don't agree with. Not post that are rude or not appropriate in some way, no, just post that I don't agree with...!

Lighten up bro. There will always be folks in a community like this that react to your posts in a way you wouldn't want them to, no need to join them by doing the same. I +repped your previous post cause I do agree with you though (about -reps for opinions, not about Blues Pills over Glass Animals ;-)).

That being said: what's the big fuss about rep anyway... I for one don't care about it, really. In the end, folks who recognize my nick, will know I'm sincere and polite.

Edited by visdave34

14 minutes ago, Gossard said:

7 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Lighten up bro. There will always be folks in a community like this that react to your posts in a way you wouldn't want them to, no need to join them by doing the same. I +repped your previous post cause I do agree with you though (about -reps for opinions, not about Blues Pills over Glass Animals ;-)).

That being said: what's the big fuss about rep anyway... I for one don't care about it, really. In the end, folks who recognize my nick, will know I'm sincere and polite.

Normally I'd agree about Rep being pointless, but it does seem like something of a targeted attack on Gossards profile. His rep's have dropped drastically in a matter of weeks and people seem to be going back and down voting historic posts. It's not the worst thing in the world but when you've spent years contributing to a forum it does suck to be targeted like this :/

17 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Normally I'd agree about Rep being pointless, but it does seem like something of a targeted attack on Gossards profile. His rep's have dropped drastically in a matter of weeks and people seem to be going back and down voting historic posts. It's not the worst thing in the world but when you've spent years contributing to a forum it does suck to be targeted like this :/

Ah, I didn't know that, my bad... That sucks indeed.

43 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I just realised that De Staat isn't on the line-up... Whoelse thought they were a certainty for RW17 ? Maybe in the last announcement ? (they have a show in Netherlands on Sunday 2nd)

I certainly did... A Dutch band who well deserve a spot at their southern neighbor's biggest fest. Only Fatima Yamaha from Holland this year seems quite lean on the Dutch side (admittedly, we do have a lack of quality acts known across the borders).

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

I certainly did... A Dutch band who well deserve a spot at their southern neighbor's biggest fest. Only Fatima Yamaha from Holland this year seems quite lean on the Dutch side (admittedly, we do have a lack of quality acts known across the borders).

I would love to see De Staat! Crazy theyve not already been added

4 minutes ago, eoind said:

Sorry to change the subject, but I was wondering if the food and drink vouchers stay on sale right up until the festival or should I be buying them soon?

Last year I wasnt able to buy them in the  2 weeks prior to the festival.   I also didnt bother to contact RW so I don't know if there was a problem or if they just stop selling them at some point. 

4 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Last year I wasnt able to buy them in the  2 weeks prior to the festival.   I also didnt bother to contact RW so I don't know if there was a problem or if they just stop selling them at some point. 

Thanks! I guess I'll them in the next month or two then.

51 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I just saw on your profile the -rep, unbelievable.  I know I said earlier we'd get you to the 100+ in no time but these people are persistent so it will take a little more time than expected :)

1 minute ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I would love to have nothing to worry about in life like you lot obviously do! it's fictitious numbering that means nothing, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it guys :)

I think people have other things to worry about, be it doesnt stop it being a royal pain in the arse when someone is literally going back through years of posts and marking them down. Of course there are other things to worry about but it doesn't make it less annoying! haha

28 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I think we can all agree that dedicating numerous days and hours to going through one persons profile and down voting all their comments is the saddest of all though!

yep, I'm actually gonna make an effort to keep +1 repping his posts so he can get back up there. Some people may not care, some people do so if it means something to someone then no skin off my back.

Historically years ago I used to use peoples karma rating as a way to judge a credibility of what they say but now ive been on these forums for ages so you just learn who to trust and who not to trust :)

3 hours ago, Gossard said:

Quite right. Some people on here are so childish it's pathetic. Used to be such a great thread until some twats came on board