Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Just now, e2p2 said:

Why not? Any RW veteran should already know what to expect and how much he consume. Since it cheaper buying in advance, you save 25 or 50 euros for every 100 coupons you buy.

Have you ever calculated how many coupons the @Gossard group™ consumes? :P

"the @Gossard group™" hahahaha....no I haven't but I assume a LOT! :P 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say exactly how many coupons per day but every festival I attended I've always spent too much even if I bought coupons in advance (80/100€ per day)  :( 

Edited by alan_ts

4 minutes ago, Gossard said:

You don't have to wait for people counting their change or wait for the bar people to give you back your change. One beer, one token and you're gone.....! Fast and a much better system IMO

Yeah much better system, would pretty much double the queues dealing with change. 

Sziget have a good system that you have a festival card , just put money on the card and pay like that.

What ever is left on the card at the of the festival they refund you.

1 hour ago, Jimmerz95 said:

An reason why RW uses tickets/coupons?

Isnt it also to kinda trick people? I mean, since your are not dealing with "real" money, it is easier or faster to spend. Like, would you like one beer? ahh easy, just one piece of paper. Would you like a meal? Ahh easy, just 3 pieces of paper ;)

I decided to wait until payday this month to buy tickets so I wasn't too short on money, looks like that was a mistake. I've put myself on the waiting list, has anyone had any experience with that before? Alternatively does anyone know of any fan to fan resale site's that may have listings for this, had a look on scarletmist and twickets but they haven't even listed the festival.

I think that with vouchers they are much easier to use making queues quicker and also prevents people carrying around a lot of cash, which disincentivises pick pockets etc.

I would prefer it if they did the top up cards though. When i went to Euro 2016 you just topped up a card before hand, used that like contactless and then got refunded any spare balance at the end. I've also heard of festivals where your wristband is chipped and you use that rather than paper vouchers, which can still be lost / stolen. Both of these would be a great investment

Edited by Antbot89

1 hour ago, Antbot89 said:

I think that with vouchers they are much easier to use making queues quicker and also prevents people carrying around a lot of cash, which disincentivises pick pockets etc.

I would prefer it if they did the top up cards though. When i went to Euro 2016 you just topped up a card before hand, used that like contactless and then got refunded any spare balance at the end. I've also heard of festivals where your wristband is chipped and you use that rather than paper vouchers, which can still be lost / stolen. Both of these would be a great investment

Sziget had the 'contactless' system when I went in 2015. It was a really efficient system and I never queued for more than a minute or two to get a drink and pay. The same for food, it made everything so much easier!

22 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Sziget had the 'contactless' system when I went in 2015. It was a really efficient system and I never queued for more than a minute or two to get a drink and pay. The same for food, it made everything so much easier!

You're right but contactless is more dangerous than coupons imo...I've spent more at Sziget (where a large beer costs  2.20€) than at Dutch/Belgian festivals with this system.

Edited by alan_ts

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

You're right but contactless is more dangerous than coupons imo...I've spent more at Sziget (where a large beer costs  2.20€) than at Dutch/Belgian festivals with this system.

I guess it would be easier to get carried away as you are not physically handing anything over, so it doesn't feel like spending but at the same time that is a matter of self restraint i suppose!

I buy most things with card not cash, so i find it quite easy to control and therefore the practicalilty benefits over using paper vouchers is a winner

6 minutes ago, Antbot89 said:

I buy most things with card not cash, so i find it quite easy to control and therefore the practicalilty benefits over using paper vouchers is a winner

Me too but when I go to the market I'm not drunk as I'm at festivals ;) 

7 hours ago, reaper said:

well i am dissapointed

they started so good, but after a while the line up turned form world class to "shame that band x and y" are not on the bill.

granted, things never work out how they want them to be (tour schedule, moneywise, or special needs bands want and they cant fullfill). 

but i miss things like fleet foxes, wilco, dinosaur jr, ... in the "smaller" names, and that things like chainsmokers can headline a tent... (bet it will be crowded but not my cup of tea)

anyway i have my combi ticket and i will have a lot of fun but it could have been so much more

You are right! I crossed fingers also for Wilco, Pixies and Dinosaur! Too many festivals in one small country in a few weeks. (Dour, Cactus, Ardentes, Lokerse)

shit!!!

Hey guys, first time Werchter goer hopefully but been to Pukkelpop many times (including 2011 storm one) and Dour Festival once also from Dublin Ireland!

Myself included was slow on the draw to book tickets this year but came across a chance to book potential VIP terrace tickets including the festival for the weekend...

Does anybody know for the extra money is the Rock Werchter Terrace worth it? Does it give access to the pit area from the side of the main stage? Apparently that's where it'd usually meant to be situated?

Any info would be great thanks! 

13 minutes ago, truly_mangled said:

Hey guys, first time Werchter goer hopefully but been to Pukkelpop many times (including 2011 storm one) and Dour Festival once also from Dublin Ireland!

Myself included was slow on the draw to book tickets this year but came across a chance to book potential VIP terrace tickets including the festival for the weekend...

Does anybody know for the extra money is the Rock Werchter Terrace worth it? Does it give access to the pit area from the side of the main stage? Apparently that's where it'd usually meant to be situated?

Any info would be great thanks! 

Never heard of that type of ticket and don't knwo who's selling them.  The pit at the front has unrestricted access.

Some oif the locals who post here might be able to provide more info

Sure this might have been asked at some point, but roughly what are the Barn and Klub C capacities? Would quite like to be able to nip from one to the other, but if it's going to be rammed every set might have to rethink my band choices. 

On 25/03/2017 at 8:55 PM, Gossard said:

I get -reps for saying my opinion on Radiohead and for an obvious joke about certain music being crap...did the smiley face not give you any clues? ;) 

Why do you care so much about fictitious reputation ... who actually cares!!! It just makes people want to down vote you

15 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Sure this might have been asked at some point, but roughly what are the Barn and Klub C capacities? Would quite like to be able to nip from one to the other, but if it's going to be rammed every set might have to rethink my band choices. 

Barn maybe around 10- 12,000 capacity.  Great venue when it's full.  Klub C is smaller, maybe 8-9,000.  The stages are almost next to each other and it takes less than ten minutes (normally way less) to get from either to the main.  It's a really easy place to get around.  I'm not really a Klub C goer but you can normally get into the Barn even when it looks full.

I'm only assuming that the couple of other acts to be announced are small, clubby, last minute additions which won't interest me.

Even so, with the clashes I still have about 4 acts a day I wish to see which is more than enough.

In terms of tokens... has anyone found a good way to buy them (from the UK)?

I only bought 60 when buying my tickets but am annoyed with myself as I should have bought more. My issue now is the massive international card charge to buy them. Makes me feel I should just use cash to get them on the day...

24 minutes ago, kevagain said:

Today Phoenix announced their tour dates.

Jun 29, Vida Festival - Spain

Jun 30, Garorock Festival - France

I think I would be dreaming if they were one of the remaining acts to announce for Sunday since Saturday is full already.

Those dates were announced last autumn