Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

I kind of lost interest when they stopped being a rock band.....

Have radiohead ever been a rock band? They have always been whiney indie, thats why I love them. :D

Give me a tune I can wallow in any day of the week.

Edited by thetime

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Have radiohead ever been a rock band? They have always been whiney indie, thats why I love them. :D

You have a point ;)  ...but I think this classifies as rock :)  

2 hours ago, thetime said:

This is your problem I think, indie bands are generally short lived and catchy for their passing phase, they don't need to be whiney as well as most these days are shite anyway. Good to see those lads in Scotland have purchased wisely and not fora band just having a moan for 2+ hours.

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

You have a point ;)  ...but I think this classifies as rock :)  

It just about does and only shows him looking half of his face on pills compared to the usual.

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Well, for me, the really king of whining is headlining the saturday. 

"I'm tired of being what you want me to be." "Every step that I take is another mistake to yooooooou"

opinions, eh? 

Yes Linkin Park are done now, we all know this....even me!

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Dude stop embarrassing yourself. 

Shut up! LOL

Thurs - Declan McKenna, Cigarettes After Sex, Whitney, Prophets of Rage, Imagine Dragons, Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon

Fri - Kaleo, Future Islands, Birdy, Royal Blood, James Blake, Radiohead

Sat - Frank Carter, Glass Animals, Machine Gun Kelly, Jimmy Eat World, Blink 182, System of a Down, Linkin Park (or Bonobo and Above & Beyond depending on how I'm feeling)

Sun - Cage The Elephant, Dropkick Murphys, Rae Sremmurd, Warpaint, Alt-J, Foo Fighters

Shaping up nicely for me! 

15 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Just to get something pointless going here....

Are you guys buying food&drink coupons in advanced and if so, how many?

I always buy 120 tickets and that's enough until Saturday night or Sunday....

I'll be buying mine in advance but I've no idea how many... I was thinking 20 a day, but looking at the schedule I could be by the main stage the majority of each day, which means a lot of bar/food vendor visits! 

I'm thinking 100 and see if I need to buy anymore, the beer will factor that decision more than food... I understand they're one token a beer, but is that for around 300ml? That will mean I'm using two tokens at a time :lol:

Edited by alexlloyd

Hi, a few months ago a friend who is journalist and is working on a local radio here in Spain, send the email to request the login details and the press pass, but she didnt receive anything yet.
Anybody knows when they send the media accreditations? Any recomendation to get it? If somebody got the press pass this year or years before i would like to have any advice 

Thanks 

well i am dissapointed

they started so good, but after a while the line up turned form world class to "shame that band x and y" are not on the bill.

granted, things never work out how they want them to be (tour schedule, moneywise, or special needs bands want and they cant fullfill). 

but i miss things like fleet foxes, wilco, dinosaur jr, ... in the "smaller" names, and that things like chainsmokers can headline a tent... (bet it will be crowded but not my cup of tea)

anyway i have my combi ticket and i will have a lot of fun but it could have been so much more

10 hours ago, Gossard said:

Yeah will definitely buy in advance, I had about 100 last year but ran out by the Sunday (thanks to that lovely expensive rum bar) so will probably get the same and buy more if needed

10 hours ago, Gossard said:

Why not? Any RW veteran should already know what to expect and how much he consume. Since it cheaper buying in advance, you save 25 or 50 euros for every 100 coupons you buy.

Have you ever calculated how many coupons the @Gossard group™ consumes? :P