Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Having had a time to study clashwise it's not too bad for me.  The undercard is pretty weak overall and the Barn this year is very second rate.  I seem to remember the last bands on the Barn were a bit later than what's on website. Seems a bit early to close a stage.  Looks like headliners have used a fair bit of the budget and the undercard has suffered.  My excitement about the line up was maybe a bit premature when I saw headliners.  

Better than last year but not great

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Red Day said:

My excitement about the line up was maybe a bit premature when I saw headliners.  

That's probably the sentiments of quite a few.

On the bright side radiohead get 2 and a half hours.

5 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Having had a time to study clashwise it's not too bad for me.  The undercard is pretty weak overall and the Barn this year is very second rate.  I seem to remember the last bands on the Barn were a bit later than what's on website. Seems a bit early to close a stage.  Looks like headliners have used a fair bit of the budget and the undercard has suffered.  My excitement about the line up was maybe a bit premature when I saw headliners.  

Yes!

I think this is the sentiment of the large majority of people on here.

Clashes, not too bad for what we actually have but when you look at it closely the undercard is disappointing. 

Everyone got excited when the headliners were announced, thinking the rest of the acts would be on-par but then each week there was an air of disappointment. 

Still, as always I'm very very excited to see the likes of Foos and SOAD and even LP.

And, as I said prematurely three weeks ago, it has been an absolutely pleasure trying to guess who'll be announced.

Thanks everyone.

Opinions and all that but this is amazing for me and timings worked out great too.

Thurs - Prophets of Rage - Imagine Dragons/Lorde - Arcade Fire - Chainsmokers - KoL

Fri - Kaleo - Rateliff - White Lies - Royal Blood - Pretenders - Radiohead

Sat - Frank Carter - Blues Pills - Seasick Steve - JEW - Blink - SOAD - Linkin Park

Sun - Nothing but Thieves - Dropkicks - Rae Sremmurd - Rag n Bone Man - Soulwax - Foos 

Whatta weekend 

1 hour ago, Apocalyptica said:

Guys Soulwax or alt-J? 

That's the most awful clash on the whole weekend, the rest of the splits is fine haha. Im going for Alt-J probs, depends on what the Klub C act will be after Soulwax, if it's not my taste then it'll defs be Alt-J. If it's something cool then itll be Soulwax - nice act - G-Eazy - Foo's :P 

2 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Nail on the head. At least there was excellent acts to choose from.

Now we have Passenger/Milky Chance/Kodaline vs JEW/Blink 182... So if you're not a nostalgic 90's/00's rocker or an adolescent pop lover, you're pretty screwed on Saturday. (sorry for the stereotypes, just hate both genres).

Don't put Milky Chance in there :( They are great chill band, especially live 

Saturday is pretty horrendous alright. Three bands I have an interest in, two of whom clash.

Doesn't look like the bands who have yet to be added will add all that much eithet given the timeslots they play at. Should end up pretty weak all told, despite the big headliners.

Very disappointed with the number of acts and with the undercard but the timetable is pretty great. The worst clashes : Warhaus/Kaleo, Rag'n'Bone man/The Lumineers, Milky Chance/Blink 182, Nothing but Thieves/Cage the Elephant, The Kills/Benjamin Clementine. For me, the more undecided day it's Sunday and the easiest it's Thursday. I'am very happy with the organisation of Saturday (nothing on the main until Blink and great timetable in the barn an klub c) and Thursday (exactly the opposite, all the great acts on the Main). 73 bands is clearly not enough in comparison with the past years.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

That would be the headliners.

Just a shame I can't put werchter headliners with sziget's under card. As werchter under card is average for my tastes and szigets head liners are not my bag. 

I only want to see two of the main one's. Sziget have done much better before lineup wise tbh, probably 3 acts on the lineup, maybe 4 I'd be bothered about seeing.

I get a heavy feeling they announced the lineup how they did this year as they knew after the main one's a lot of the under card was just going to be filler. I'm unsure I'd even stick around now after Above & Beyond for the rest of LP's 50 or so minutes set. It's similar to Nova headliners in the way of it's what I would have wanted 4/5 years ago.

7 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Some facs:

Arcade Fire is playing earlier as a headliner than 7 Years ago when they were a sub (yet to release The Suburbs). 

Also: a few Years back there were 81 acts. Now they'll probably have 73 acts.

The Barn will be headlined by a Belgian act, twice. A third night will be headlined by Bonobo...

In 2014 the last thursday act ended almost 2 hours later.

Money money money.

Also 2014 had only 4 headliners while this year has 6 and price for solo shows skyrocketed in the last few years while the price for the festival increased only 30 euros so I'm pretty sure that they are making the same amount of money now as they did in 2014.

18 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Some facs:

Arcade Fire is playing earlier as a headliner than 7 Years ago when they were a sub (yet to release The Suburbs). 

The Barn will be headlined by a Belgian act, twice. A third night will be headlined by Bonobo...

Money money money.

Whatever about the money side of things, there's no comparison between 2014 and the current line up. 2014 was comfortably stronger, despite (or maybe because of) the headliners we get this year.

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Some facs:

Money money money.

That's actually really sad when you read that damn..