Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for those going for the first time (like myself) it's still a very good line up, certainly better than most this year... but looking at previous versions I can understand the disappointment.

I can't see the Klub C acts left to come swaying my decisions to see Radiohead or Alt-J, so this should be my final schedule. Cage the Elephant AND Nothing but Thieves may be a bit ambitious, I'm unsure how close the stages are? 

I think the main stage is incredible, but Klub C/Barn are certainly disappointing, on this plan I visit Klub C once and The Barn twice the entire weekend :lol:

IMG_8690.PNG

IMG_8691.PNG

Edited by alexlloyd

5 hours ago, Tremousse said:

So many acts appeared at last minute on line-ups of end of june-start of july, like The Avalanches, Kasabian, Fleet Foxes or Rodrigo Y Gabriela, that we can expect good surprise. Rock Werchter wouldn't have kept no surprises (don't see any riddle) for the last announcement ! Come on ! 4 hours and 39 minutes to wait !

Always time to retract that statement :P

So for me:

Thursday: Cigarettes after sex -> a big break/killing time watching an savages, withney or mark lanegan -> all main stage 

Friday: Warhaus/Kaleo -> Future Islands -> all main stage

Saturday: chill or some of the acts of Frank Carter, Glass Animals, MGK, Charli XCX -> MIlky Chance/ main stage combo of Blink and JEW -> surely main stage

Sunday: probably main stage most of the day + Warpaint or Soulwax

At least there is no big clash for me, but a lot of time where not much is on too. :-(

Damn it, Bonobo vs. SOAD. I barely have anything I wanna see on Saturday and the two bands I really wanted to see clash.

Amazing Thursday for me, reasonable Friday (I'm ecstatic that JB is subbing, but I can understand the disappointment, his music is tent-suited, not mainstage suited), good Sunday albeit that awful Kills - Benjamin Clementine clash. 

The tents being so poor compared to the mainstage made it easier for me not to have too many painful clashes. 

Just now, PopsiclesandCrisps said:

Always time to retract that statement :P

Ahah my guess was not this one, my guess was Biffy, Mo, Kasabian, A Tribe Called Quest, Gogol Bordello, The Prodigy and Highly Suspect; now Biffy is ruled out; Chances for The Prodigy and Kasabian are weak... But I still think we'll get at least one of the list.

2 minutes ago, grumpykrogan said:

Damn it, Bonobo vs. SOAD. I barely have anything I wanna see on Saturday and the two bands I really wanted to see clash.

Amazing Thursday for me, reasonable Friday (I'm ecstatic that JB is subbing, but I can understand the disappointment, his music is tent-suited, not mainstage suited), good Sunday albeit that awful Kills - Benjamin Clementine clash. 

The tents being so poor compared to the mainstage made it easier for me not to have too many painful clashes. 

Yeah, that is actually one of the few clashes for me.

Also, James Blake vs The Pretenders, Lorde v Imagine Dragons, Milky Chance v Blink 182, Nothing But Thieves v Noname, none of it very dramatic. Overall, I will probably pick the main stage most of the time. 

My schedule will be something like:

Savages -> PoR -> Beth Ditto -> AF -> KoL or Mura Masa, depending on the weather and mood

probably will give a chance to Kaleo and Nathaniel Rateliff, as they seem to be held in high regard over here -> White Lies -> Royal Blood -> James Blake -> RH (unless Klub C headliner is ATCQ)

will try out Frank Carter, Blues Pills/Glass Animals -> general boredom -> SOAD/Bonobo depending on mood -> LP 

Nothing But Thieves/Cage the Elephant/Noname -> The Kills/Benjamin Clementine (seen The Kills already, might go for someone new) -> Warpaint -> Alt-J or Soulwax -> FF

Just hope it won't rain too much.

Edited by grumpykrogan
forgot noname & white lies

Thursday 
Tout va bien - cigarettes after sex - mark lenagen band - prophets of rage - imagine dragons - xavier rudd - the chainsmokers - Kings of Leon 

Friday 
Tamino - kaleo - nathaniel rateliff - birdy - royal blood - the pretenders - Radiohead 

Saturday 
Frank carter - machine gun Kelly - kodaline - blink 182 -   system of a down - linkin Park 

Sunday 
Cage the elephants - nothing but thieves - dropkick murphys - Benjamin clementine - the lumineers - alt J - Foo fighters

Edited by Apocalyptica

7 minutes ago, grumpykrogan said:

Yeah same for me for Saturday. I'll probably catch the first half or so of SOAD then head over and see the rest of Bonobo. Friday and Saturday both don't do much for me during the day.

I've got 12 acts if I'm stretching it including a couple where I'll only care about two songs probably but in reality take away Saturday and the rest aren't something I'd venture away for as 4/7 are likely Glasto attendees.

SOAD being a big one but in pure day light will be different, I just don't think the fest has got anything that really grabs you over anything else.

Yea, from the line up it only looks like 2 slots are missing? Sunday Klub C sub, Friday Klub C Headliner. I can't see anyone opening the friday before Kaleo, else they wuld have to start about 12:15, which seems too early and there would be no other bands on stage to compete with the crowd?

Either the belgiums are bad at their percentages and gave out some false hope, or there are still a surprise or two to come. Maybe a dance headliner and a Secret set? for example i know it's the Thursdays but there are some big time gaps in between klub C sets? Beth ditto to Rudd is 1 hour 10?! and Rudd to Mura Masa is 1 hr 15? and the others before that are 1 hour. Yet the main stage and barn turn over acts much quicker? 

Also, i usually love a good opening act on the first day to really get the festival vibe going, but with Het Zesde metaal, Declan Mckenna and Tout Va Bien....I might have an extra beer or two on wednesday and use that time to sleep it off!

Edited by Antbot89

5 minutes ago, Antbot89 said:

Also can somebody be an absolute star and put this into a proper clashfinder format. It's so much easier to read!

http:///s/rockwerchter2017/

Looks like someone already has!

EDIT: Just spotted Biffy on that one, so their 'Print if you have to' status was a bit misleading :lol:

Edited by alexlloyd

16 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I've got 12 acts if I'm stretching it including a couple where I'll only care about two songs probably but in reality take away Saturday and the rest aren't something I'd venture away for as 4/7 are likely Glasto attendees.

SOAD being a big one but in pure day light will be different, I just don't think the fest has got anything that really grabs you over anything else.

Sure you're chomping at the bit for a 2.5 hour set from Radiohead in your 12 acts Gazza?

To be fair, the only other time I saw SOAD was Reading 2013 - they were still amazing, even though it was in the middle of the day so wouldn't worry too much about that. 

Waiting for @arcuse's Clashfinder to go up as it has consistently been the most accurate :-) 

It's a big shame for me on Saturday as, despite getting to see my two absolutely must sees, there are others that were a big reason for me buying my ticket. But it happens at every festival. 

Subs are weak in my eyes but after reading some of these comments, I think that could just be my personal taste. 

I do very much wish there was something on the Main Stage more upbeat before Foos.

I've seen both Lumineers and Alt J before and whilst they're great for middle of the day, sleeping in the sun/ drinking, I would not have put them sub, and pre-sub. 

Edited by thetechi

29 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

just don't think the fest has got anything that really grabs you over anything else.

That would be the headliners.

Just a shame I can't put werchter headliners with sziget's under card. As werchter under card is average for my tastes and szigets head liners are not my bag.