Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been lurking for years here. Couldn't stand the irrational joy in these last couple of posts, so I've decided to create an account to ruin this for you with a dose of realism: these stage splits are obviously either a fake or (probably) a leak containing highly incorrect info that was still to be confirmed.

Thank me later.

Edited by Jazebel

2 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

Been lurking for years here. Couldn't stand the irrational joy in these last couple of posts, so I've decided to create an account to ruin this for you with a dose of realism: these stage splits are obviously either a fake or (probably) a leak containing highly incorrect info that was still to be confirmed.

Thank me later.

Nope, the site was being edited and the stages popped up for a few minutes. These are real screenshots. 

I expect an official release of the stage splits at 4pm today and maybe one big name. 

1 minute ago, gunther Mickey said:

It will be so perfect for me, but I'm scared that's a fake. The Kaleo-Royal Blood and Benjamin Clementine-Cage the elephant clashes are terrible but the rest is very good

With the acts still missing, there's no way to tell which will clash. So stay positive! For me, if this turns out to be legit, I'm mostly happy to see they've upped the amount of acts per day again compared to last year. Also means we can look forward to more additions than we were expecting earlier.

19 minutes ago, Orens said:

dw55w5.png

WOW !! Thursday is perfectly organized in my own. It confirms several things by the way : we expect at least 6 acts, definitely a Barn headliner on Saturday, we can have a dance act on Thursday, a big name on Friday and maybe a sub on Sunday. We could have interesting news at 4pm..

6 minutes ago, branvan said:

Chainsmokers are massive now and will be even more with their Album coming out in April (I know, not in this Forum ;)), I still don't see them in the Klub C?

that's basically the only thing that looks a little unrealistic ... otherwise it looks very close to what me and arcuse imagined in our clashfinders.

Edited by neacaisa

The expectation levels were high before this and now I'm struggling to contain myself! Great splits if true really hope they are because it means there's some decent sized acts to come as well as being very few clashes for me personally! 

I'll be staring at my phone hoping for a twitter notification come 3PM :D

Edited by alexlloyd

1 minute ago, grumpykrogan said:

According to these splits I guess Soulwax is closing after FF?

In the announcement it said that Foos were closing the Main Stage....

"In 2015 Foo Fighters were forced to cancel their appearance at Rock Werchter, but they’ve made good on their promise to return and will bring Rock Werchter 2017 to a close on Sunday 2 July."

1 minute ago, Gossard said:

In the announcement it said that Foos were closing the Main Stage....

"In 2015 Foo Fighters were forced to cancel their appearance at Rock Werchter, but they’ve made good on their promise to return and will bring Rock Werchter 2017 to a close on Sunday 2 July."

Cool then. I'd have loved to see both. Guess I'll be happy with FF only.

1 minute ago, neacaisa said:

I don't see any correlation between this leak and a possible announcement today to be honest.

I suppose we'll know in just over an hour, it's more out of hope than expectation. I've waited this long for the final line up, I guess I can wait two more days!

7 minutes ago, grumpykrogan said:

I still think Chainsmokers in Klub C makes more sense than KoL/AF in daylight. Especially if Chainsmoker and KoL are clashing.

According to these splits I guess Soulwax is closing after FF?

Nope, this table seems to be ordered in a decreasing chronology, from up to down 

Is there already a Camp Loner chat/group or something like that? Searched the forum but couldn't find any info about it.

If not I could set up one if people are interested. Either a new thread under 'international festivals' or a facebook group or whatsapp. Suggestions welcome. :)

7 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

They're ordered alphabetically by font size of the poster. Jeez :rolleyes:

it looks like it. On a second look, it looks highly unlikely that White Lies are 2nd on the Barn or Blue Pills play after MGK and Frank Carter on the main stage.

Probably incomplete and just a sketch that will not be the final version of the split. I think we should move on and wait till the announcement, even if it was a legit leak.

Edited by neacaisa

Sorry to ruin the party.. Im not saying the picture is fake, but I do say that it ain't final. There's too much stuff which cant be true like: White Lies playing second in the Barn (4th down mainstage in 2014), Nathaniel Rateliff playing 3rd in the Barn (was second last year, then why would they rebook him for a same-y spot), or the fact that they're still miss 3 names for the mainstage for Friday. On Saturday they have 8 names with 2 headliners playing at least 90 minutes and so on. 

6 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Sorry to ruin the party.. Im not saying the picture is fake, but I do say that it ain't final. There's too much stuff which cant be true like: White Lies playing second in the Barn (4th down mainstage in 2014), Nathaniel Rateliff playing 3rd in the Barn (was second last year, then why would they rebook him for a same-y spot), or the fact that they're still miss 3 names for the mainstage for Friday. On Saturday they have 8 names with 2 headliners playing at least 90 minutes and so on. 

Yep, the 8 names on Saturday are the most glaring for me. Hope they release the final names as well as the finalized stage splits this Friday.

I don't think the fact they're editing the website to prepare for the reveal necessarily means there will be an announcement today.

Regardless, I love the look of the leaked screenshot (especially Saturday!)

Also, not too sure why they'd release the stage splits before the full line-up has been released.