Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Dietediet said:

I'm still confident that we are still due a Barn headliner on Saturday. There is not a single act at the moment that can pull it off in the slightest.

On Sunday I've come to accept the idea that Alt-J is subbing and Soulwax is closing the Barn. But even that situation still requires a strong third down Main Stage act (because realistically none of The Lumineers/Dropkick Murphys/G-Eazy could pull that off). 

ATCQ is still around to fill either of those aforementioned spots. 

You were way more optimistic than me before, but I think now I can surpass you. :-)

in my opinion, if Soulwax closes the barn, the Klub C will be literally deserted with anyone coming against Foo Fighters. I think Soulwax would make the most sense in that spot. I find it even more likely to have The Kills or The Lumineers as Barn headliners than Soulwax because of this.

Why wouldn't G-Eazy or someone else be third down on main stage? I mean the most likely scenario right now for Friday is that Royal Blood is in the Barn  and that would mean James Blake third down on main stage and I don't think he's bigger than G-Eazy.

I agree with the Barn headliner, no one in the Saturday bunch can bring a crowd there vs either SOAD or LP.

I think the line up has a lot of quality even in the undercard, but there's still 2-3 important spots we can't fill with anyone on the poster, so it's very likely to have some important names coming. As I said, maybe some bands pulled off and they are working for late replacements. Kasabian, A Tribe Called Quest, Biffy Clyro are still in the mix in my opinion.

Edited by neacaisa

4 hours ago, lighthouse said:

If they play, they'll probably play before Seasick Steve, so fifth down. Seasick is a bit more popular I think (he'll attract A bigger audience).

And that's the reason why I think they'll not add BC, they are just not popular enough in Belgium. Last year they failed to attract a decent crowd at Pukkelpop. I was there and it was a bit sad. Plus: theres only one spot left and we really really need that Barn headliner. 

The fact that Seasick Steve can be more popular than Biffy Clyro anywhere on this planet except his hometown really baffles me. :-)

On 18/3/2017 at 2:54 PM, thetechi said:

Get your hopes high? No. Only because I've learnt the hard way not to do that from wishing Biffy would be added to the lineup since day 1 :lol:

Quietly hopeful would be better

Ahaha come on !! Hope for Biffy, hope for Kasabian and it will be okay ! Notice that nearly each announcement contains a Main Square name... Which non ruled out international acts of Main Square are not announced at Werchter for the moment ? Biffy Clyro, The Lemon Twigs, Don Broco, Spoon, Kensington, Highly Suspect, Major Lazer. Major Lazer would have a special announcement so put them out of the list. Mathematically, if there is one announcement remaining (with a package of bands), you have 17% of chances to have Biffy Clyro.

Now think that you're the organiser of the festival. Wouldn't you take Biffy Clyro knowing that there are spaces for them on the bill + they are on the little brother's bill + They have a big international influence ?! 

Knowing there's a space for a sub for Foos, it would be very illogical to not have Biffy or Kasabian or A Tribe Called Quest on the bill... Sometimes hope is realistic ;) So believe ! Nobody knows ! (The following song has nothing to do with Rock Werchter, but I love it, so it's just decoration to make you believe a little bit more!) (don't see any religion in it)  

4 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Ahaha come on !! Hope for Biffy, hope for Kasabian and it will be okay ! Notice that nearly each announcement contains a Main Square name... Which non ruled out international acts of Main Square are not announced at Werchter for the moment ? Biffy Clyro, The Lemon Twigs, Don Broco, Spoon, Kensington, Highly Suspect, Major Lazer. Major Lazer would have a special announcement so put them out of the list. Mathematically, if there is one announcement remaining (with a package of bands), you have 17% of chances to have Biffy Clyro.

Now think that you're the organiser of the festival. Wouldn't you take Biffy Clyro knowing that there are spaces for them on the bill + they are on the little brother's bill + They have a big international influence ?! 

Knowing there's a space for a sub for Foos, it would be very illogical to not have Biffy or Kasabian or A Tribe Called Quest on the bill... Sometimes hope is realistic ;) So believe ! Nobody knows ! (The following song has nothing to do with Rock Werchter, but I love it, so it's just decoration to make you believe a little bit more!) (don't see any religion in it)  

I missed My Morning Jacked at RW a few years ago.....great band though ;)  ....and YES, BRING ON BIFFY!!!

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

While Biffy are big for us, a Belgium fest won't see them as a must book at all.

I think Tremousse had a good point:

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

24 minutes ago, leofallon said:

For the moment, we have 18 names Thursday, 17 Friday, 19 Saturday and 17 Sunday.

If we think that there's 19 names / day, Saturday is full, is not it ?

Not necessarily, in 2012 we got 21 names on saturday. In 2013,2014 and 2015 20. Last year was the first time with 19 names. I think because Glen hansard got 90minutes in the barn in the afternoon was why there were only 6 Barn-names and 19 in total in 2016. So, you can say the number of artists per day can depend of the (negotiated) duration of certain performances. 

Edited by DaveRSV4

8 hours ago, Gossard said:

I still feel we're missing a propper dans-act. Chainsmokers are not big enough in my mind to fall in that catagory....

Whilst I totally agree with you that were missing a big dance act here ypu gotta remember how big chainsmokers have been internationally in the last 12 months,  they will draw a massive crowd so in don't think they will book anyone else.

Also whoever said 1 act annoucement a day? I think this would be amaxing if it happened!

Still prating for antone internationally big who is half decent but amazed by cigarettes aftrr sex and tout va bien. .. easilt enough bands to keep me entertained .... 

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Whilst I totally agree with you that were missing a big dance act here ypu gotta remember how big chainsmokers have been internationally in the last 12 months,  they will draw a massive crowd so in don't think they will book anyone else.

Also whoever said 1 act annoucement a day? I think this would be amaxing if it happened!

Still prating for antone internationally big who is half decent but amazed by cigarettes aftrr sex and tout va bien. .. easilt enough bands to keep me entertained .... 

So big that I had never heard of them before the were announced....