Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Is it just me or have the bands been sorted in to more even groups on the website?

If you go on the lineup page: http://www.rockwerchter.be/nl/line-up there are now clearly three groups where as before today I'm sure there were only two groups "Headliners" and then "Anyone less than headliners".

Could this have any correlation to stage splits?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neah, it's just based on the font sizes on the posters + alphabetic order. I doubt James Blake is subbing, or Bonobo/Bazart headlining a tent or getting an important main stage slot. 

Also, they were ordered similar to the poster fonts sizes even before today. 

Edited by neacaisa

1 minute ago, thetechi said:

Is it just me or have the bands been sorted in to more even groups on the website?

If you go on the lineup page: http://www.rockwerchter.be/nl/line-up there are now clearly three groups where as before today I'm sure there were only two groups "Headliners" and then "Anyone less than headliners".

Could this have any correlation to stage splits?

I saw this separation in three groups two weeks ago. In my opinion, it's more a time division : The little acts until 16h/17h, the middle class until 20h/21 and finally the subs/headliners. I didn't think there is a correlation to stage splits.

http:///s/rw2017

To me it looks like there's 7 acts left;

Thursday: 1 "bigger act" in the Barn

Friday: sub, a "bigger act" in the Barn & the stage opener

Saturday: Barn headliner

Sunday sub & a small name for Klub C/Barn

If I could choose: Wilco - Kasabian - Van Morrison - Twin Atlantic - A Tribe Called Quest - The Weeknd/The Cult - Angel Olsen

Not much's left and this announcement has been a truly disappointment for me. I mean, when you put Beth Ditto as biggest act in your pack, her relevance was like 6/7 years ago, idk why she's so big up. Milky Chance is good fun and Warpaint was expected but I expected something more from this hm

Edited by arcuse

33 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I think you're a bit optimistic there. Judging by the poster Friday is only missing some names in the smallest tier. And I think Thursday is definitely settled in bigger namest, looking at all that wealth. 

58 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Saturday: Barn headliner

Sunday sub & a small name for Klub C/Barn

If I could choose: Wilco - Kasabian - Van Morrison - Twin Atlantic - A Tribe Called Quest - The Weeknd/The Cult - Angel Olsen

Not much's left and this announcement has been a truly disappointment for me. I mean, when you put Beth Ditto as biggest act in your pack, her relevance was like 6/7 years ago, idk why she's so big up. Milky Chance is good fun and Warpaint was expected but I expected something more from this hm

This.

27 minutes ago, thetime said:

You do realise its because she's playing on the first day.

Well, it's not because of that (dua lipa led the last one for example), but I think the photo that is chosen to "lead" the announcement is not always of particular significance. 

Thurston Moore - GREAT !, Warpaint - nice, The Pretenders - SOOO nostalgic but why not :)

I couldn't stand Gossip so Beth Ditto is a big NO on my list. Hopefully Biffy Clyro will show up on Thursday cause this day has too much nothing in the early hours and too much goodies later on. Friday became more balanced, Sat & Sun - I'm all set :) 

I dont pay too much attention to font size because over the years I saw there no point: Look at Sunday last year with five Mainstage acts who had the bigger fonts (the two biggest fonts) including James Bay who played at 15:25 or look at Alt-j playing at the Barn before Roisin Murphy despite having a bigger font. There is a possibility that one day will have 6 acts with bigger font and another day with 3. Whats matter is who's in those fonts and not their size. Its looking like its gonna be an awesome edition! 

5 hours ago, neacaisa said:

I would be fairly happy with Thurston Moore, but I saw him recently. 

I remember reading an interview and he said he's not gonna play any Sonic Youth songs.  On setlist.fm his setlists are pretty empty so I cant verify it.  Did he play Sonic Youth songs when you saw him? 

If I'm perfectly honest, I don't think there's going to be anymore big acts announced.

From all the years I've seen different lineups and have known different people who organise things like this, I genuinely cannot see why they would hold any big names this late unless someone they planned to announce dropped out.

As far as I can see, every other competitor festival has tickets on sale and at the very least, only have a few names left to announce.

At one time I thought we may be in for a surprise (such as the week after PKP was announced) but this late on, unless we're really, really shocked and they announce 1 or 2 blinders next week, I think we'll have to be satisfied with what we have + the final 5 smaller names. 

Regardless, with the already announced lineup, we're still going to be in for a treat. :lol:

33 minutes ago, thetechi said:

If I'm perfectly honest, I don't think there's going to be anymore big acts announced.

From all the years I've seen different lineups and have known different people who organise things like this, I genuinely cannot see why they would hold any big names this late unless someone they planned to announce dropped out.

As far as I can see, every other competitor festival has tickets on sale and at the very least, only have a few names left to announce.

At one time I thought we may be in for a surprise (such as the week after PKP was announced) but this late on, unless we're really, really shocked and they announce 1 or 2 blinders next week, I think we'll have to be satisfied with what we have + the final 5 smaller names. 

Regardless, with the already announced lineup, we're still going to be in for a treat. :lol:

I agree with you. In 2015, everyone expected some bigger names and they were very upset with the annoucement of the last smaller acts (there was only Mumford and Sons as headliner/sub). I hope to see one or two great rock bands added for the last announcement (The Hives, Billy Talent (unlikely because pkp), Kensington (mainsquare, so likely), Highly suspect (idem), bright eyes, cake, Spoon, Franz Ferdinand, melpo mene,...).

55 minutes ago, thetechi said:

I'm still confident that we are still due a Barn headliner on Saturday. There is not a single act at the moment that can pull it off in the slightest.

On Sunday I've come to accept the idea that Alt-J is subbing and Soulwax is closing the Barn. But even that situation still requires a strong third down Main Stage act (because realistically none of The Lumineers/Dropkick Murphys/G-Eazy could pull that off). 

ATCQ is still around to fill either of those aforementioned spots. 

I find it very likely that both anderson paak and massive attack were on the bill, but I see only massive attack likely too have had an important spot. Also possible that they cancelled even another important artist we can't really guess. However, even if anyone can find a lot of acts for their taste, I think the line up is not very balanced in any way(genres, quality of days, quality of tent headliners, subs, etc). But the set of headliners they pulled off is amazing. Not even one festival this year has something comparable. I think only glasto can bring something better.

3 hours ago, e2p2 said:

I remember reading an interview and he said he's not gonna play any Sonic Youth songs.  On setlist.fm his setlists are pretty empty so I cant verify it.  Did he play Sonic Youth songs when you saw him? 

I'm not very familiar with the SY discography, but I think he played only his songs.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

I'm still confident that we are still due a Barn headliner on Saturday. There is not a single act at the moment that can pull it off in the slightest.

On Sunday I've come to accept the idea that Alt-J is subbing and Soulwax is closing the Barn. But even that situation still requires a strong third down Main Stage act (because realistically none of The Lumineers/Dropkick Murphys/G-Eazy could pull that off). 

ATCQ is still around to fill either of those aforementioned spots. 

Biffy Clyro only has that Saturday gig at Main Square Festival the RW weekend, they sure could play third down on Saturday.....

1 minute ago, neacaisa said:

Biffy plays open air saint gallen on Sunday.They could be signed for Werchter too, but the day was tbd here and on main square depending on other negociations. I still have hope that we can see them.

Okey, so they haven't updated their webpage nor facebook page. Hopefully these two days, Friday and Saturday, they'll play RW and MSF :) 

I think we should forget about Biffy and Spoon. With yesterday's two additions for the Saturday, I think there's only one spot left to be added on Saturday, most probably the Barn headliner. As Dietediet said, no one on the current bill will be big enough to pull it off. My hopes are still for ATCQ.