Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if there's anything to read into with the "More additions to follow shortly."

Instead of "More additions to follow next week" but I think I've just about given up with trying to read into the Werchter posts.

This is the worst announcement for me, personally. But it does mean I can get to know a few more acts I hadn't heard of before.

Edited by thetechi

yeah, forgot to mention Beth Ditto as a possibility, since she was on OpenAir St Gallen.

I would be fairly happy with Thurston Moore, but I saw him recently. 

I want to listen to Noname and Warpaint. Milky Chance are quite good live, but I'm not a fan.

Still no big act in this announcement. Why?

Just now, neacaisa said:

yeah, forgot to mention Beth Ditto as a possibility, since she was on OpenAir St Gallen.

I would be fairly happy with Thurston Moore, but I saw him recently. 

I want to listen to Noname and Warpaint. Milky Chance are quite good live, but I'm not a fan.

Still no big act in this announcement. Why?

What was Thurston Moore like live?

Strange to drag it out for another week (or whatever the 'shortly' means) but that must surely mean a big act will follow, there's only 4-5 names to come now it makes no sense to delay otherwise! 

A couple of bands I'll go to see and I'm happy to listen to people like Warpaint and Noname and give them a chance after the reviews on here. Nothing massively exciting but not 'bad'! 

Personally I still think Saturday and a Sunday have a second tier slot missing...

IMG_8598.PNG

Edited by alexlloyd

Just now, alexlloyd said:

Strange to drag it out for another week (or whatever the 'shortly' means) but that must surely mean a big at will follow, there's only 4-5 names to come now it makes no sense to delay otherwise! 

A couple of bands I'll go to see and I'm happy to listen to people like Warpaint and Noname after the reviews on here.

Personally I still think Saturday and a Sunday have a second tier slot missing...

I agree. If all the remaining bands where the same as this, they would have released all the names together, no need to wait.

I am confident we will get a nice surprise soon.

I'm throwing it out here: with the absence of the second tier acts on Saturday and Sunday, could it be they have daily single announcements left for next week, with 5 relatively big acts?

For me personally a disappointing announcement today by the way. 

Edited by visdave34

The size of the band doesn't really matter, it's quality that counts. As a few of us have said, there was a lack of quality alternative acts up to now. A few more of those would interest me more than another big name pop or pop-rock band.

I do look at some of the announcements and think, hmmmmmm disappointing.

However I also look at it and think that it gives me an opportunity to listen to something new and go and see them live. I have heard some great new stuff that i wouldn't know otherwise.

Although the line up does have a selection of pop acts, sometimes these can be surprisingly good live, even if i don't listen to them at home. 

It's still a better line up that a lot of festivals, in fact most festivals. 

Lets see what the last few announcements bring,

Stay happy People :D:D