Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

Quick question what times are the bands on from until? Do they follow a British format like (12pm to 12am) or more like Beni where it's throughout the night?

It differs (depending on if they've booked a late night party act or not). Usually starts around midday and the last act will finish between Midnight and 2AM.

3 minutes ago, McCallion said:

It differs (depending on if they've booked a late night party act or not). Usually starts around midday and the last act will finish between Midnight and 2AM.

Awesome thanks! It was a case of how much time do I have to kill, at Beni it's fine cause it's a beach but I was a little worried I'd be bored during the days. 

15 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

Awesome thanks! It was a case of how much time do I have to kill, at Beni it's fine cause it's a beach but I was a little worried I'd be bored during the days. 

Its a festival how fan u be bored, just get drunk and make friends before you know it itll be time for the headliner

29 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

Last year's clashfinder will give you an idea of the music schedule:

http:///s/rw2016/

EDIT: Roisin Murphy, Local Natives, Steve Winwood and Coely just announced for Cactus Festival, so we won't be seeing them at RW.

Edited by visdave34

2 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Coely was announced for Lokerse too and she's belgian. Theoretically, it's not enough to be ruled out, but I don't think we will have additional belgian names. :-)

People on here catch on quick, you're absolutely right! :-)

Don't think we will have any more Belgian names though.

30 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Its a festival how fan u be bored, just get drunk and make friends before you know it itll be time for the headliner

Just been to some where if you're on your own it wouldn't be a great experience whilst you're waiting for bands to start. 

Final day eh? I'm happy enough as it is with the lineup, if I get 1 band today I'm interested in I'll be happy. Biffy or Don Broco both seem to be around, either of them.

More interested in stage times at this point as I feel most the bands I wanna see on Thurs and Friday are going to clash.

19 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The last chance to make the undercard of this line up a little bit better.

After weeks and weeks of being underwhelmed, maybe it's time to end with some quality acts? Because for me, as of now, the line up is like this:

Thursday (solid!) - Radiohead (with support acts) - a day to leuven - sunday (not bad)

I hope they add at least one great quality band on saturday (Spoon, Father John Misty, A Tribe Called Quest, Wilco, Fleet Foxes, ...)

I know it's all subjective etc but the Saturday has 12 bands for me :lol:

Would welcome A Tribe Called Quest somewhere though.

Just now, idioteque87 said:

Come on, some decent alternative acts today please.  No more dry and dull "poppy" type acts. 

Gutted Slaves can't play.

I agree with this. I my opinion we need more alternative rock acts, and even a decent metal act like Mastodon, Bring me the Horizon and others we've had over the last few years.....