Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

30 minutes ago, nickybu said:

Was literally just about to ask that! I guess with them announcing a Belgian date for October it may be unlikely?

Edited by McCallion

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Pretty Pretty Pretty Please

Justice is ruled out because of Dour Festival, Twin Atlantic isn't really popular in Belgium, Blossoms were there last year, Weezer and Temples are not very likely. Circa Waves, Wolf Alice, Foster The People and Warpaint are possibilities for tomorrow. Biffy Clyro is the only band I don't know what to think about.

Spoon will have to play 4 days straight if they are confirmed for Werchter, so not that likely anymore if you ask me. Not impossible though to go from London to Werchter to Arras to Cologne... Weezer is highly unlikely, now they've announced a show in Belgium in October.

My guess for the remaining acts: 

The Lemon Twigs - Warpaint - Father John Misty - Biffy Clyro - A Tribe Called Quest - Kasabian - Foster the People - Mo and three or four smaller names I have no clue of... Angel Olsen hopefully. Don Broco definitely possible.

This is quite a positive scenario by the way, but one's gotta have hope...

Edit: forgot Fleet Foxes, they still have a chance as well. Possibly instead of Foster The People. Or Kasabian...

Edited by visdave34

20 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

The more likely addition for tomorrow : Spoon, Naive New Beaters, Talisco, Don Broco, Mo, Fleet Foxes, Belle and Sebastian, Warpaint, The Boxer Rebellion, Circa Waves, Father John Misty and Angel Olsen.

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Spoon will have to play 4 days straight if they are confirmed for Werchter, so not that likely anymore if you ask me. Not impossible though to go from London to Werchter to Arras to Cologne... Weezer is highly unlikely, now they've announced a show in Belgium in October.

The Lemon Twigs - Warpaint - Father John Misty - Biffy Clyro - A Tribe Called Quest - Kasabian - Foster the People - Mo and three or four smaller names I have no clue of... Angel Olsen hopefully. Don Broco definitely possible.

And International Main Square non-ruled out acts are nearly certain, so yes, Biffy, Highly Suspect, Lemon Twigs...are highly likely !

Kasabian would be a super surprise !

17 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

Justice is ruled out because of Dour Festival, Twin Atlantic isn't really popular in Belgium, Blossoms were there last year, Weezer and Temples are not very likely. Circa Waves, Wolf Alice, Foster The People and Warpaint are possibilities for tomorrow. Biffy Clyro is the only band I don't know what to think about.

Hmmm, Temples not likely? They play Down The Rabbit Hole the week before... Don't think they booked them exclusively. I'd love to see them added.

Weezer do have a pretty big gap in their touring schedule

Jun 25 - California - Arroyo Seco Weekend.
Jul 14 - Kentucky - Forecastl Festival

But perhaps with an album release at the end of summer and the fact both giis are in America, they might use it for Studio time rather than brigning everything over to Europe for 1 show (Can't imagine that'll be profitable for a 1 off)

I'm going to ignore all that reasoning though and wave my weezer flag in the hope they see it and come to RW!

38 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Edit: forgot Fleet Foxes, they still have a chance as well. Possibly instead of Foster The People. Or Kasabian...

Omg guys don't get my hopes up with Angel Olsen :D her in a tent on Saturday would make me the happiest ever.

Pls for Friday ATCQ, Angel Olsen, RTJ, FJM, Warpaint, Benjamin Booker, Wolf Alice and Sampha. 

21 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Hmmm, Temples not likely? They play Down The Rabbit Hole the week before... Don't think they booked them exclusively. I'd love to see them added.

I'd like too but their popularity here in Belgium isn't very high in my opinion. But why not. the best : The Hives, Kasabian, Mo, Highly Suspect, Circa Waves, Spoon (unlikely), Foster the People, Warpaint, Kensington, Miles Kane (very unlikely), swmrs and Ghost Poet (very unlikely). 

8 minutes ago, grumpykrogan said:

Omg guys don't get my hopes up with Angel Olsen :D her in a tent on Saturday would make me the happiest ever.

Pls for Friday ATCQ, Angel Olsen, RTJ, FJM, Warpaint, Benjamin Booker, Wolf Alice and Sampha. 

Ho yes Sampha would be great in a tent (like Benjamin Clementine).

14 hours ago, Apocalyptica said:

Little off topic. But where should I stay for 3 nights before concert. Brussels or bruges? Any help appreciated. 

Bruges is just an open air museum with expensive food and drinks. You will get bored after 1 day. Antwerp is never mentioned here. Strange. If I can choose between Brussels, Bruges and Leuven I choose Antwerp :)
Biggest Flemisch City, great museums, great concerts and gigs (Trix, lotto Arena, Sportpaleis, the beautifull open air theater Rivierenhof, Kafka, Stadsschouwburg,...), restaurants, pubs,...

All those in the know

on the subject of where to stay beforehand I will be arriving in Belgium no the Sunday afternoon, initial plan was 1 night in Oostende and then 2 in Bruges, I want to chill wander round, have a couple of beers and  some nice food, nothing to energetic, with that in mind can anyone suggest where I should stay.

I want to see some cool shit basically but not be bored,, I have been told Bruges is amazing but maybe not as per the comments above

10 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

All those in the know

on the subject of where to stay beforehand I will be arriving in Belgium no the Sunday afternoon, initial plan was 1 night in Oostende and then 2 in Bruges, I want to chill wander round, have a couple of beers and  some nice food, nothing to energetic, with that in mind can anyone suggest where I should stay.

I want to see some cool shit basically but not be bored,, I have been told Bruges is amazing but maybe not as per the comments above

Bruges is beautiful. One of the nicest places I have been to. Great choice of eateries and a fair few bars, There is a good brewery tour but, in general its quite quiet and you can cover most of it in a day. 

That would be my assessment of Bruges

2 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Bruges is beautiful. One of the nicest places I have been to. Great choice of eateries and a fair few bars, There is a good brewery tour but, in general its quite quiet and you can cover most of it in a day. 

That would be my assessment of Bruges

I second this! Beautiful place to walk around in for a day and the brewery (De Halve Maan) is definitely worth a visit. Go to Ghent (or Antwerp) for the next two days, would be my advice.

Edited by visdave34

6 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

I second this! Beautiful place to walk around in for a day and the brewery (De Halve Maan) is definitely worth a visit. Go to Ghent (or Antwerp) for the next two days, would be my advice.

Thanks both, ought we skip out Oostende then?

just do Bruges for a day and a half and then Ghent?

2 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Thanks both, ought we skip out Oostende then?

just do Bruges for a day and a half and then Ghent?

Skip Ostend, for sure in summer :)
Do Ghent / Antwerp.
Antwerp rail station is already worth seeing.
I was a few times in Bruges, the food and drinks are expensive. It's touristic rubbish :) I only go there for work, not for pleasure. 
Better go to a real city imo.

Someone really funny keeps giving me - rep for my posts. I used to have 115 but now I have 89. But it's not the newest posts that get -rep but the old ones witch is strange.  

I just wanted to tell the person(s) who's doing this, you're extremely funny, I'm dying with laughter. ;):P   ...but I can also tell you that when the day comes I start doing meaningless crap like this, that's the day I go and see psychologist as I obviously have no live what so ever and in desperate need of a professional help....! :)  

1 minute ago, micvet said:

Skip Ostend, for sure in summer :)
Do Ghent / Antwerp.
Antwerp rail station is already worth seeing.
I was a few times in Bruges, the food and drinks are expensive. It's touristic rubbish :) I only go there for work, not for pleasure. 
Better go to a real city imo.

And for 3-4 hours day trip from Leuven (maybe more,  depands on Saturday schedule..)  which one do you recommend? 

4 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Someone really funny keeps giving me - rep for my posts. I used to have 115 but now I have 89. But it's not the newest posts that get -rep but the old ones witch is strange.  

I just wanted to tell the person(s) who's doing this, you're extremely funny, I'm dying with laughter. ;):P   ...but I can also tell you that when the day comes I start doing meaningless crap like this, that's the day I go and see psychologist as I obviously have no live what so ever and in desperate need of a professional help....! :)  

We'll get you back to 115 in no time. Starting now :)

hi guys

after having back aches last time, i was thinking about staying in hotel this time, probably at brussels cause leuven and the area is pretty fully booked.

anyone else is staying in brussels and drives to the festival daily? me and my brother will be happy to join in, offcourse with our fair share on the costs.

if i won't be that lucky, the train from brussels to leuven is free only on the first day, right?

and the daily shuttles from leuven is free?

thanx

8 minutes ago, me9999 said:

hi guys

after having back aches last time, i was thinking about staying in hotel this time, probably at brussels cause leuven and the area is pretty fully booked.

anyone else is staying in brussels and drives to the festival daily? me and my brother will be happy to join in, offcourse with our fair share on the costs.

if i won't be that lucky, the train from brussels to leuven is free only on the first day, right?

thanx

Shuttles are free all days from Leuven to RW. I believe the train is only valid for two rides, not sure though.

7 minutes ago, me9999 said:

hi guys

thanx

You dont have trains after midnight so I wouldn't recommend staying at Brussels.  Keep searching for hotels and B&B because People always canceling reservations and check airbnb frequently  too. 

Shuttles between Leuven and the festival site are free. One train ride free the day you arrive and one for the day you leave.