Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Imo PoR is more suited to clash with both AF and KoL than ID. I see them in the Barn or they could be fifth down main stage If there is an incoming tent headliner. Or maybe no main stage dance act, chainsmokers in klub c and lorde in the barn? (The best possible combination for me)

About Friday, i'm thinking that James Blake is just too small to headline the barn, isn't it more likely to have royal blood clash with oatw (one as barn headliner, one as sub) and james blake to be third down main stage?

Edited by neacaisa

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people sure OATW are subbing Radiohead? Not headlining the Barn and we are still missing Friday main stage sub? ....Same with Sunday, Alt-J subbing Foos? Not third down or headlining the Barn?

OATW and Alt-J would be two terrible subs on the main IMO...

9 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Are people sure OATW are subbing Radiohead? Not headlining the Barn and we are still missing Friday main stage sub? ....Same with Sunday, Alt-J subbing Foos? Not third down or headlining the Barn?

I guess that with only eleven bands left to announce,  there won't be more than one sub within them. If so,  I would guess OATW will sub, but I can see Soulwax handling the Barn on Sunday too (with Alt-j on main) . I do agree with you that if RW booked both as subs it would be terrible. 

Surely one of those last-eleven should headline the Barn on Saturday? 

Edited by e2p2

5 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I guess that with only eleven bands left to announce,  there won't be more than one sub within them. If so,  I would guess OATW will sub, but I can see Soulwax handling the Barn on Sunday too (with Alt-j on main) . I do agree with you that if RW booked both as subs it would be terrible. 

Surely one of those last-eleven should headline the Barn on Saturday? 

Agreed. One of them subbing would be bad enough, but maybe understandable....but both, lets hope not :)

31 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I think people are just holding out for a kasabian/biffy/killers, you would of thought this would of been announced already though with no sell out yet.

40 minutes ago, thetime said:

I think people are just holding out for a kasabian/biffy/killers, you would of thought this would of been announced already though with no sell out yet.

That's what I'm afraid off....but still, I feel like we're missing two main stage subs.....at least one

I think everyones under the same impression that there's a subheadline worthy act coming next Friday... I just hope with all the expectation they don't let us down, it would be a shame for the final announcement to fizzle out and not get anyone excited :mellow:

I still maintain this a good line up, very good in fact, but I think the problem is the way it's been announced. I think every announcement has had at least one band I want to see, but outside of the original nine (which is when I bought my ticket) there hasn't been many acts I've thought "WOW! I have to see them" with the exceptions probably being Royal Blood, Dropkick Murphys and Prophets of Rage. Obviously that all comes down to personal taste.

As much as I'd love them I don't think The Killers are going to happen... but if the final announcement has one of Biffy, Kasabian or Prodigy then it'll be a great way to see out the announcements for me.

Really looking forward to my first Rock Werchter, from what you've all said it's going to be an amazing weekend :D Any ideas how long after the line ups finalised we get the stage splits/set times?

2 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I hope we get stage splits etc immediately after as i have so much music ready to get stuck into but don't want to fall in love with a band only to find they will clash!! 

Last year the final names came on Mars 11th and the timetable on April 1st. 

16 hours ago, thetime said:

Is it possible that a band would not want it's name announced do to maybe they want to announce an album release and a tour them selfs?  ....this is a long shot ;) , but I'm hoping for Queens of the Stone Age as I know they are in the studio.

If The Killers are playing, I can't see why they wouldn't announce them earlier to sell tickets. Biffy, Kasabian and Wolfmother are another story as they are not as big in Belgium as they are in the UK....

23 hours ago, lighthouse said:

To the people who genuinely think this lineup is great: can I ask how old you are?

Because I'm 29 ....

3 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

I'm 22 and honetly love this line up so maybe you're on to something 

22 hours ago, thetime said:

Blooming kids.. :P

22 hours ago, Gossard said:

I reckon I'm the oldest one in here, after grandpa thetime ;) 

Pah.... I will be 50 at the end of July :o

Celebrating with my husband, who just turned 50 as well by coming to Werchter again as I did in 80s and 90s. I was born in Leuven, so I guess It's in my blood. Together with plenty of Stella, Jupiler and Hoegaarden! I will have several uni mates there, so not the oldest by far! It's the line-up that convinced me to travel to my home town again, as I love the Foos, but am also a fan of Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Royal Blood. So many acts I am looking forward to seeing: Future Islands, KOL, SOAD, Chainsmokers, Oscar and the Wolf, Bazart, ....

But I guess I have quite an eclectic taste... only dislike grime and related styles, which my 19yr old son is massively into. I guess he had to rebel in some way.

We are also going to IOW, but Werchter is the one I am excited about! None of the UK festivals come close in my opinion. And I just couldn't face the cost and hassle of Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, Alhuwa said:

Celebrating with my husband, who just turned 50 as well by coming to Werchter again as I did in 80s and 90s. I was born in Leuven, so I guess It's in my blood. Together with plenty of Stella, Jupiler and Hoegaarden! I will have several uni mates there, so not the oldest by far! It's the line-up that convinced me to travel to my home town again, as I love the Foos, but am also a fan of Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Royal Blood. So many acts I am looking forward to seeing: Future Islands, KOL, SOAD, Chainsmokers, Oscar and the Wolf, Bazart, ....

But I guess I have quite an eclectic taste... only dislike grime and related styles, which my 19yr old son is massively into. I guess he had to rebel in some way.

We are also going to IOW, but Werchter is the one I am excited about! None of the UK festivals come close in my opinion. And I just couldn't face the cost and hassle of Glastonbury.

Welcome to the forum and glad you're so excited for Werchter as I am too 

2 minutes ago, Alhuwa said:

Thank you for that, suddenly I feel so young :D  ...I see I have at least 10 good years at RW left in me :D 

6 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Welcome to the forum and glad you're so excited for Werchter as I am too 

4 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Thank you for that, suddenly I feel so young :D  ...I see I have at least 10 good years at RW left in me :D 

Thanks!

Been lurking for a while, but had to respond once I saw the age post HAHAHA....

On 10/03/2017 at 8:46 PM, nickybu said:

Pretty decent announcement earlier on today. Not sure if this is the best place to ask (probably not haha), but does anyone here usually smoke up at RW? Coming from abroad and wondering from where we'd be able to buy. Never had problems at Reading & Leeds, but not sure about RW.

Cheers

EDIT: spelling

I am also interested in this :ph34r:

I agree with the sentiment that the line up does feel like it's missing something (it's still a good line up) unless there are a few unusual bookings in the key slots. Like even on the Friday I feel like James Blake OATW and Radiohead isn't particularly diverse if they are all up against each other. 

Im hoping for a bit more guitar stuff in the final announcement and no more electronic / pop acts. I think a couple of acts like biffy and wolfmother would go down well but I'm not too optimistic based on prior year final announcements. 

(Also maybe I too am old but one of the fatima tracks just sounds like a Nintendo game to me!)