Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

35 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Today's announcement wasn't amazing for me but Above and Beyond was an unexpected surprise. Hopefully they don't clash with Linkin Park.

I really hope Arcade Fire are still in the "headliner" slot on the Thursday. Seeing them in the light would just be wrong. 

I mentioned them as Klub C headliner possibilities a few weeks back. Not such a big surprise for me, a big dance act on the klub c stage was certainly due to come.

Sadly, after the switch of the names on the poster, I think it is clear that Arcade Fire is before KoL and probably, using the same logic, LP is after SOAD... so A&B will probably clash with LP as Klub C headliners.

Anyway, this is my clashfinder, I'm open to suggestions: http:///s/werchter2k17

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last addition :

The dream : Kasabian, Biffy Clyro, Jamiroquai, The Hives, The Killers, Tool and other unlikely bands...

The best (for me) : The Hives, Biffy Clyro, Belle and Sebastian, Bloc Party, Catfish and the Botlemen, Circa Waves, Highly Suspect, Wolfmother, Warpaint, Blossoms, Milky Chance and Wild Beasts.

The most likely : Belle and Sebastian, Mø, Wilco, Highly Suspect, Zara Larson, Live, Don Broco, Kungs, Her, De Staat, Ryan Adams and Circa Waves.

2 hours ago, neacaisa said:

Imo, for the important slots we are looking just for:

Saturday barn headliner

Sunday sub or barn headliner

add to this

Thursday Barn sub... I don't see any band big enough and suited for that stage

3rd/4th down main stage on Friday (depending on Royal Blood)

I think we might still have some interesting bands left. 

There ya go, an update on the clashfinder :P // http:///s/rw2017

Het Zesde MetaalSavages – Biffy Clyro – Mark Lanegan BandImagine DragonsKings Of LeonArcade Fire
Declan McKennaWarhola Xavier RuddMura Masa Lorde The Chainsmokers
Cigarettes After SexWhitney Tout Va BienAgnes Obel – Belle & Sebastian / Wilco – Prophets Of Rage

Circa Waves – Warhaus Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night SweatsBazart Royal Blood – Kasabian – Radiohead
Maggie RogersJAINKaleo Birdy James BlakeDua Lipa
TaminoVuurwerk Future IslandsWhite Lies – Fleet Foxes / Warpaint – Van Morrison – Oscar & The Wolf

Frank Carter & The RattlesnakesJimmy Eat WorldSeasick Steve – Live – Blink-182System Of A DownLinkin Park
J BernardtSOHN Machine Gun KellyCharli XCXBonobo – Tom Odell – Above & Beyond
Blues PillsGlass AnimalsCrystal FightersKodaline Passenger – A Tribe Called Quest

Nothing But Thieves – De Staat – Dropkick Murphys – Lukas Graham – The Lumineers – The Weeknd – Foo Fighters
Fatima YamahaCage The ElephantRae SremmurdRag ‘N Bone ManG-EazySoulwax 
Benjamin Clementine – Dinosaur Jr – Tourist LemcThe Kills – Ryan Adams – Alt-J

* some acts are to positive, Im thinking about the possible add of Ryan Adams, they could just add another filler so The Kills and Tourist Lemc get a place higher

* Declan McKenna and Cigarettes After Sex could switch places but Im thinking CAS is more likely to play the Barn.

* Putting Crystal Fighters so low because on the site they seem to get a lower place than Kodaline, which seems to me weird but okay.

* Bonobo seems like a big act, looking at the site again. So he could end up in the Barnd, where Passenger is at now.

* Passenger could be at Tom Odells place, making room for another big act, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

2 minutes ago, arcuse said:

* some acts are to positive, Im thinking about the possible add of Ryan Adams, they could just add another filler so The Kills and Tourist Lemc get a place higher

All except The Weeknd I'd be thrilled if your TBA suggestions are true. But that's because I don't think he'd go well subbing Foo Fighters but that's just my opinion.

All in all - great job!

17 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Anyway, this is my clashfinder, I'm open to suggestions: http:///s/werchter2k17

Tout Va Bien should be higher, Mura Masa is to high. 

Oscar & The Wolf vs Bazart is not gonna happen. White Lies is way to low and honestly the Barn seems so depressing if you look at the Barn haha

That Seasick Steve - tba - JEW is not in the right order, I think. Machine Gun Kelly is to high

Rag 'N Bone Man is to high, should be in a tent. Tourist Lemc is gonna get a longer set + likely to get to play the Barn/Main not the Klub C.

9 minutes ago, arcuse said:

* Declan McKenna and Cigarettes After Sex could switch places but Im thinking CAS is more likely to play the Barn.

* Putting Crystal Fighters so low because on the site they seem to get a lower place than Kodaline, which seems to me weird but okay.

* Bonobo seems like a big act, looking at the site again. So he could end up in the Barnd, where Passenger is at now.

* Passenger could be at Tom Odells place, making room for another big act, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Tourist Lemc and Bonobo are held in high regard on the poster, it seems to me very strange, a lot of the bands considered on a lower tier are better known.

I think Bonobo will sub the Klub C.

Don't think the optimistic predictions would work so well at this time, but I think there is no way we get too many fillers on the last announcement, I think the next one will be at least on par with this week's, but most probably a better one.

Yup, indd.. I could see Tourist Lemc having an afternoon Main set. Bonobo - Above & Beyond could work yes, just like they did last year with Lost Frequencies - Paul Kalkbrenner I remember?

We've been having low tier acts for weeks now, I'm still waiting for big acts.. Where are Fleet Foxes, Belle & Sebastian, Kasabian etc etc you know what Im saying? :P There's still a lot to add I think, and still positive for the next adds but meh..  

2 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Tout Va Bien should be higher, Mura Masa is to high. 

Oscar & The Wolf vs Bazart is not gonna happen. White Lies is way to low and honestly the Barn seems so depressing if you look at the Barn haha

That Seasick Steve - tba - JEW is not in the right order, I think. Machine Gun Kelly is to high

Rag 'N Bone Man is to high, should be in a tent. Tourist Lemc is gonna get a longer set + likely to get to play the Barn/Main not the Klub C.

I agree completely about OATW and Bazart, will change. White Lies can be in the Barn , then we have 2 main stage TBA's.

To be honest, it beats me why Seasick Steve would be higher than well known bands. The first time I heard about the man was when the Main Square announcement came and I don't really like his music. MGK could possibily be on a lower Barn spot and then one of the Barn bands will be on that Klub C spot

About Rag'N'Bone... he seemed to be leading the pack he was announced in... so I think either he will be on main stage like  Nathaniel Rateliff or he will headline a tent. I find the main stage slot to be more likely, maybe on a lower spot though...

Well I had the same thing about JEW but looking at the site. Seasick Steve is placed higher than JEW so I'm just assuming. Seen Seasick Steve once at PKP and he was very amusing for an afternoon act :') I'm sure Rag 'N Bone Man will get a spot in the tent. With Soulwax and G-Eazy, he's not even close to Klub C head.

Anyways, who are we still expecting at this point??

Fleet Foxes, Warpaint, Belle & Sebastian, Lukas Graham, Mo, Zara Larsson, Dinosaur Jr, Highly Suspect, Circa Waves, School Is Cool, Biffy Clyro, The Weeknd, Kasabian, The Killers, Van Morrison, Father John Misty, Bear's Den, Halsey, Run The Jewels, Tom Odell, Live, A Tribe Called Quest, De Staat, Wilco etc..?

Pretty decent announcement earlier on today. Not sure if this is the best place to ask (probably not haha), but does anyone here usually smoke up at RW? Coming from abroad and wondering from where we'd be able to buy. Never had problems at Reading & Leeds, but not sure about RW.

Cheers

EDIT: spelling

Edited by nickybu

5 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Has anyone noticed that KOL and Arcade Fire have swapped places...

17218442_10155057382925699_2088132742862261471_o.thumb.jpg.0edeeb3ba2ceb931c0ea44d29a5efe63.jpg

My biggest fear is that i have to choose between KOL, ID, Lorde and Chainsmokers as the werchter gods somehow make them all play at the same time i.e. kol headline while ID and lorde headline the other stages... coudl be savage, please can someone dispel this for me and explain how it is not possible

3 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

My biggest fear is that i have to choose between KOL, ID, Lorde and Chainsmokers as the werchter gods somehow make them all play at the same time i.e. kol headline while ID and lorde headline the other stages... coudl be savage, please can someone dispel this for me and explain how it is not possible

I'm scared of the same thing happening... 

I have to say I have been totally celebrating the announcement.... I think it was fantastic despite any big name. CTE and SS is big win in my opinion. Next week is the last chance for a big act but..... I am going to have great time regardless whether it is announced or not. :-)

Edited by TheWerchterJuggernaut

10 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

I can't believe how much you lot are moaning about this line up. I think it's by far the best line up of any European festival this year. If I was to one festival pick based on line up it'd be RW without a doubt.....however....Lisbon got a beach :P

Disagree, having the biggest array of names, doesn't make it the best. Nova Rock and Hurricane have done very well this year.

1 hour ago, NomadicMan said:

I can't believe how much you lot are moaning about this line up. I think it's by far the best line up of any European festival this year. If I was to one festival pick based on line up it'd be RW without a doubt.....however....Lisbon got a beach :P

The best people in here are the people who moan about people who moan....isin't there anyone who can moan about the people who moan about people who moan? :D 

#TheMoaningPolice 

I think it's one of the best line up of recent years and I'm going to the festival since 2009 which was an awesome year.

Anyway, at every announcement there is at least one or two name I want to see and I'm discovering the ones I don't know. Until now, it's really good stuff in general.

13 minutes ago, Gossard said:

The best people in here are the people who moan about people who moan....isin't there anyone who can moan about the people who moan about people who moan? :D 

#TheMoaningPolice 

I'm not moaning just observing. I enjoy reading the moaning comments  :P 

RW line up is just phenomenal this year from my perspective though...