Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Liking the undercard is not an argument against Friday being poor... basically it has just 1 huge act, and some medium solid ones... but imo the likes Prophets of Rage, Lorde, Alt-J, Blink 182, Chainsmokers and even Above and Beyond are all way bigger acts than the most important ones of Friday ( except Radiohead). The fact that Royal Blood,Kaleo or Future Islands are great live acts doesn't change this fact.

I actually look forward to a lot of acts on Friday, but objectively the day is not great by Werchter standard

Edited by neacaisa

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Not true mate ;) Biffy isn't so big in Belgium, and don't forget that there is still one big slot to take on Sunday, or even two with Friday. So these 3 names (and The Prodigy) are all possible, and we can still get one or two or even three of them.

I very much hope so! Regardless, still loving the lineup. 
But yeah, hope to be proved wrong this time next week! :D

3 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Liking the undercard is not an argument against Friday being poor... basically it has just 1 huge act, and some medium solid ones... but imo the likes Prophets of Rage, Lorde, Alt-J, Blink 182, Chainsmokers are all way bigger acts than the most important ones of Friday ( except Radiohead). The fact that Royal Blood,Kaleo or Future Islands are great live acts doesn't change this fact.

Why isn't it an argument ? It's a big argument mate ! And a subheadliner is maybe coming ! Oscar & the Wolf and James Blake are plan B and plan C... If we look at the calendars, a possible (the thing is it's really feasible) is Kasabian on Friday as Radiohead sub, The Killers on Sunday as Foo Fighters sub, Biffy Clyro on Saturday (cause there's a clear space next to Blink on the bill), and The Prodigy as dance act on Thursday night (which explains they switched). It would be the perfect scenario in my opinion. The Weeknd could take that Thursday spot too.

Let's see what happen for the last names but I'm convinced we're going to have at least two other big names. Keep hoping ;)

1 minute ago, AndrewSmith said:

Good spot! Hopefully the running order for main stage will be:

Imagine Dragons > Arcade Fire > Kings of Leon > Chainsmokers

yeah, also i can't see Prophets of Rage playing on main stage if this is the running order and looking at the other days in comparison. AF or KoL against Prophets of Rage will probably be the biggest clash of the festival.

4 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Why isn't it an argument ? It's a big argument mate ! And a subheadliner is maybe coming ! Oscar & the Wolf and James Blake are plan B and plan C... If we look at the calendars, a possible (the thing is it's really feasible) is Kasabian on Friday as Radiohead sub, The Killers on Sunday as Foo Fighters sub, Biffy Clyro on Saturday (cause there's a clear space next to Blink on the bill), and The Prodigy as dance act on Thursday night (which explains they switched). It would be the perfect scenario in my opinion. The Weeknd could take that Thursday spot too.

Let's see what happen for the last names but I'm convinced we're going to have at least two other big names. Keep hoping ;)

I lost my hope to be honest, we're talking about a huge last announcement that never happened at Werchter. Realistically, one huge name is all that we can get (and I think we probably will)

When do the stage splits get announced? At the moment Im thinking:

Thursday

Main: Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Imagine Dragons, Prophets of Rage, Agnes Obel and Savages

Barn: Lorde and ???

Klub C: The Chainsmokers and Mura Masa

Friday

Main: Radiohead, James Blake, Royal Blood, Bazart, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, White Lies and ???

Barn: Oscar and the Wolf & Birdy

Klub C: ??? and Dua Lipa

Saturday

Main: Linkin Park, System of a Down, Blink-182, Seasick Steve, Crystal Fighters, Jimmy Eat World and Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes

Barn: Bonobo and Kodaline

Klub C: Above & Beyond and Passenger

Sunday

Main: Foo Fighters, Alt-J, ???, Dropkick Murphys, The Kills, Rag N Bone Man and Nothing But Thieves

Barn: Soulwax and ???

Klub C: G-Eazy and Rae Sremmurd

Wouldnt be too many decent slots left to fill then. Just mainly filling up Barn and Klub C

13 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

a possible (the thing is it's really feasible) is Kasabian on Friday as Radiohead sub, The Killers on Sunday as Foo Fighters sub, Biffy Clyro on Saturday (cause there's a clear space next to Blink on the bill),

For me it's the fact we've had this discussion every week and every week I get hopeful one of them will be on the bill (because all three are three of my favourite bands). I'm just assuming they're not on the bill, due to the lacklustre last announcements in the past couple of years then if they're not, I won't be disappointed.

I don't think there's a space next to Blink? Surely it's Seasick Steve - he's announced he's on the Main Stage on Saturday? Surely the only place Biffy would be is Barn headliner Saturday?

1 minute ago, thetechi said:

For me it's the fact we've had this discussion every week and every week I get hopeful one of them will be on the bill (because all three are three of my favourite bands). I'm just assuming they're not on the bill, due to the lacklustre last announcements in the past couple of years then if they're not, I won't be disappointed.

I don't think there's a space next to Blink? Surely it's Seasick Steve - he's announced he's on the Main Stage on Saturday? Surely the only place Biffy would be is Barn headliner Saturday?

Usually, main stage has seven acts per day (except when there's a long one like paul mcCartney)

Blues Pills - Seasick Steve - Biffy Clyro - Blink 182 - System of a Down - Linkin Park sounds good, don't you think ?

Knowing that in 2014 it was :

The Temperance Movement - Kodaline - Haim - Biffy Clyro - Triggerfringer - The Black Keys - Pearl Jam (it was a hell of a day, with a huge party after concerts thanks to the qualification of Netherlands at football)

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Usually, main stage has seven acts per day (except when there's a long one like paul mcCartney)

Blues Pills - Seasick Steve - Biffy Clyro - Blink 182 - System of a Down - Linkin Park sounds good, don't you think ?

Hmm yeah, true. Could be.

The issue is, I'm sure I read on a previous page that Frank Carter said he was opening the main stage. And I can't really see Jimmy Eat World being in the Barn...

Just now, thetechi said:

The issue is, I'm sure I read on a previous page that Frank Carter said he was opening the main stage. And I can't really see Jimmy Eat World being in the Barn...

So you can exchange Blues Pills and Seasick Steve with Frank Carter and Jew, in both cases there will be tattoos in the Barn

4 minutes ago, thetechi said:

They played in the tent (before the Barn came) in 2011....

1 minute ago, gunther Mickey said:

Seasick will be on the main. He said himself on facebook

So Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - Seasick Steve - Blink 182 <-> Biffy Clyro - System Of A Down - Linkin Park !! I take the bet !!

11 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I saw him live a few months back and wasn't impressed. I think his recordings are much better than his live show, found it pretty lacklustre 

Fair enough, just seen that he is only 18. I'd still suggest people giving him a go on spotify or whatever as I'm liking his recorded stuff