Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ThePushover said:

I'm more than likely going on my own on the coach from Manchester and potentially meeting up with friends there (if they can make it). It's my first time going, any tips? Done NOS/BBK/Beni before as well as a few over here.

Booked into The Hive for camping. Is it a friendly festival? Slightly concerned about being there alone, has anyone else done it alone?

Myself and a few others are also heading there from Manchester! While this is my first RW, I did Pukkelpop a couple of years ago. If there's anything about the people of Belgium you instantly recognise, it's that they're some of the friendliest people you will find! You're more then welcome to come and have a drink with us! :D

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Spoon, Belle & Sebastian, Father John Misty, Dinosaur Jr., Wilco, Rancid, A Tribe Called Quest, Savages, Slowdive, Ryan Adams, Unkle, Fleet Foxes, Run The Jewels, Savages, Afghan Whigs, RUN D.M.C.,...

Please add some of these names. So much stuff touring around RW. What are they doing? 

Afghan Whigs ruled out imo.

The combo Kodaline-Passenger is very terrible for me. But I hope they clash with two great bands on the main stage (Wolfmother and The Hives). The best for tomorrow : Kodaline, Sohn, The Hives, Wolfmother, Kasabian, Biffy Cliro. The more likely addition : Kodaline, Sohn, Mo, Seasick Steve, James Arthur and Declan Mckenna. Wait and see...

Edited by gunther Mickey

11 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Today is an important day for me. 

If the 3pm announcent is like the last 4-5 announcements, then I'll have lost faith in this line up (bar the heads). 

This is do or die. D-day. 

Hahha God how the stakes have changed for humanity overy the last century .... 

35 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Realistically gonna be some pop announcements today .  Can't see them announcing biffy and kasabian together after weeks of unknowns being announced! 

Neither band is anywhere near as big in Belgium as they are in the UK.....so I'd say it's as good a chance as anything else

Edited by Gossard

Hi everyone! 

I've been reading this thread for months and never bothered to comment but thought it's about time to get involved.

me and two mates have bought tickets and are driving over from Edinburgh for this and I can't wait. 

The line up is great even after the relatively weak recent announcements. 

Hoping for Fleet Foxes and Biffy Clyro (of course) to be announced today. 

See you all in Belgium! 

today announcement should be similar  to the announcement  last year when we got beck,foals,etc. so  about 10 names with kluB c and barn headliners.i would say tribe call quest (playing rockslide then nothing til 14th of july in the us),foster the people,royksopp,belle and sebastian

Hi Everyone,

Been lurking on this forum since I bought a ticket a month ago. Pretty much agree with the consensus here that there are some great headliners playing, but for my own tastes the undercard can hopefully get better - although I´m all for listening to new music, Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats plus Frank Carter being just two I have picked up for the first time since artists started being announced.

Personally, today I would love to see Biffy, Maximo Park and Frightened Rabbit announced today (the last one unlikely as they played last year?).

Quick question to finish, my gf and I are flying in from Barcelona with Ryanair. We have regular camping and were just wondering about tents and sleeping bags, etc. I know Ryanair can be a pain in the ass with extra baggage, so wanted to know if RW did any sort of rental for the weekend only at all?

Bring on 4pm!

12 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Just listened to Kodaline, yet another incredibly boring act. Where's the alternative music at this festival? Apart from Mark Lanegan there's pretty much nothing. Last years line up was so much better. 

Oh here he goes again!! Look if you don't like the lineup go to another festival ... the majority on here do so stop bringing the mood down, it's not feasible to see 20 bands a day so if there's 3 a day you like even that is enough 

3 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Oh here he goes again!! Look if you don't like the lineup go to another festival ... the majority on here do so stop bringing the mood down, it's not feasible to see 20 bands a day so if there's 3 a day you like even that is enough 

Dude, I can voice my opinion as much as I like. I'm not the only one who feels the undercard is severely lacking and that a lot of the acts are quite "poppy".  Maybe you should look at yourself a bit and the way you post in terms of "bringing the mood down" with the way you talk to some people. 

Also, if you don't like people having a different opinion to you, then maybe a forum isn't the best place for you? 

Edited by idioteque87

29 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Just listened to Kodaline, yet another incredibly boring act. Where's the alternative music at this festival? Apart from Mark Lanegan there's pretty much nothing. Last years line up was so much better. 

You know nothing Jon Snow :P 

No alternative music ? 

Go to take a listen to Dropkick Murphys (you'll be drunk after that), Foo Fighters, Kaleo (the rock songs like No Good, Hot Blood, Glass House, Fool, Pretty Boy Floyd...), Porphets of Rage, Royal Blood, System Of A Down, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes....and wait for Biffy Clyro to be announced.

Just now, Tremousse said:

You know nothing Jon Snow :P 

No alternative music ? 

Go to take a listen to Dropkick Murphys (you'll be drunk after that), Foo Fighters, Kaleo (the rock songs like No Good, Hot Blood, Glass House, Fool, Pretty Boy Floyd...), Porphets of Rage, Royal Blood, System Of A Down, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes....and wait for Biffy Clyro to be announced.

Yeah DM will be good, I wouldn't class Kaleo as alternative but I can see why you would, POR, RB will be good to be fair :)

I'm gunna go listen to Frank Carter now :) 

36 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I'm still suprised at the lack of late night party acts. We must be due an anouncement on one of them soon?

I agree with this. The Prodigy are in France on the Saturday, they would be amazing on either Thursday or Friday :)