Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gregory said:

But Young Fathers had separate announcement in this picture:

http://giphy.com/gifs/3ohzdOm5ndbyDlW0Te

Anyway Young Fathers are possible in the next announcement.

18 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Nice! How are you getting there? Me and the mrs kind of bottled our planning and are going via the eurostar even tho there's plenty of cheaper options. 

We plumped for the Eurostar on the Wednesday too! Did look at a few option but Eurostar seemed the best option. The trains and bus at the other end are so easy  - just follow the crowd! 

This is my 3rd wertcher and using the Eurostar is definately the easiet and probably the quickest once you think about the time hanging around in airports before hand. Plus it takes you straight to Brussels Midi where you can get the train to Leuven as far as i remember!

In terms of tomorrows announcement i am expecting a bit more of an international announcement, given that we think all the belgium names are likely to have been announced already.I think we will realistically get 1 or 2 of the names that have been banded round here

I don't want to get my hopes up too much though!

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

Live 

The Killers

The Prodigy

Wolfmother

Biffy Clyro

....is it to demanding to demand all these five bands tomorrow? :P   

You'd be very unlucky if you don't get at least one of these five bands on the final line-up ! :) I'd be happy with all of them as well :) I want Gogol Bordello !

Not going with anyone but flying to West Germany the Sunday before to spend time with family there and then training/bussing it over to Werchter on the Wednesday and flying/Eurostar back on the Monday.

What's everyone's experiences with taking their camping stuff on a plane? How much extra baggage space do you get?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Please people, enough with these rock bands already. There's plenty of Wolfmother-ish rock on the lineup (Blink, Linkin Park, FF, Frank Carter, Royal Blood, Jimmy Eat World, Prophets Of Rage, Dropkick Murphys, SOAD...). 

It's about time to get some more 'alternative' names (like the ones on Mad Cool/NOS Alive/Primavera). The lineup is lacking some 'quality' names that satisfy AF and RH fans. 

Too many rock bands at Rock Werchter?

Okay then.

21 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Not going with anyone but flying to West Germany the Sunday before to spend time with family there and then training/bussing it over to Werchter on the Wednesday and flying/Eurostar back on the Monday.

What's everyone's experiences with taking their camping stuff on a plane? How much extra baggage space do you get?

Thanks

We flew over last year from Scotland, I have a camping rucksack that I managed to fit my tent in along with all my other clothes and just clipped my sleeping bag to the outside. They just put it in with the oversized luggage.

26 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Please people, enough with these rock bands already. There's plenty of Wolfmother-ish rock on the lineup (Blink, Linkin Park, FF, Frank Carter, Royal Blood, Jimmy Eat World, Prophets Of Rage, Dropkick Murphys, SOAD...). 

It's about time to get some more 'alternative' names (like the ones on Mad Cool/NOS Alive/Primavera). The lineup is lacking some 'quality' names that satisfy AF and RH fans. 

Are you sure you're on the right thread?

Admittedly we all like a bit of variation but that's like going to Tomorrowland and complaining there's too much dance music. 

You're talking as if the line up should be polarised to either be heavier rock or a total indie fest.  I think there is a place for more indie / alternative acts at Rock wertcher this year than what have currently been announced, but i fully expect a few heavier names in the pot also and probably still a dance act or two.

As evidenced previous years line ups, Rock wertcher is normally pretty good at providing a balanced line up. It may have "rock" in the title, but it is a more inclusive festival than that (it isn;t download!)

But maybe i am just being hopeful as i want those heavier as well as the alternative names in the same line up (I mean why else would i have bought tickets to a festival with RH & AF in one bucket and FF / SOAD in a second bucket, if i only likes one of those buckets!)

3 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

We plumped for the Eurostar on the Wednesday too! Did look at a few option but Eurostar seemed the best option. The trains and bus at the other end are so easy  - just follow the crowd! 

Good to know mate! Not looking forward to lugging my tent around but it will have to do!