Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

20 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Gonna post a little something in a minute... Probably the lamest thing I do every festival I go to

OK so I do this with all the festivals I go to... I call it a hype list. Highlight my most excited acts (reasons I bought the ticket) in red. The acts I'm pretty excited for in blue. For acts I'm interested in seeing I use black.

I know that acts will clash and I won't be able to see all the red's and blue's that I want to but I enjoy making this little image. I think it's a bit of fun and acts change colour all the time as I constantly change my mind and get excited for different things.

16991697_10155015390035699_5855738265726786882_o (1).jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, A Praise Chorus said:

Chances of LCD Soundsystem?

No 2017 Euro dates, hard to tell at the moment. They would require a high spot, headlining the Barn at the very least. Best concert(s) I've ever been to, multiple times! I'd love them at any festival for either me or my friends but I don't think that's reasonable at the moment. Could be a great surprise.

Their crowd at Pukkelpop was so poor tho, I've seen pics with only a thousand-ish people when the crowd at Oscar & The Wolf (and they were just behind them as party/closing act) was easily one of the biggest of the weekend.. Same thing happend at that festival last year in the UK where they played for an empty field with RHCP having a full crowd..

22 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Their crowd at Pukkelpop was so poor tho, I've seen pics with only a thousand-ish people when the crowd at Oscar & The Wolf (and they were just behind them as party/closing act) was easily one of the biggest of the weekend.. Same thing happend at that festival last year in the UK where they played for an empty field with RHCP having a full crowd..

That UK festival, T in The Park, became a mud pit that weekend and I heard bands suffered from low attendance all weekend long, even before LCD's set. Watching the livestream, long before the reports floated, it was clear there are people around the mud pit. The people who did pass on them probably still don't know what they missed. I heard the Electric Picnic, Glasto crowds were great, so that is probably TiTP's fault.

Their crowd at Primavera Sound last year was second only to Radiohead, bigger than Tame Impala, The Last Shadow Puppets, PJ Harvey, Sigur Rós. They headlined dozens of festival and while livestreaming probably doesn't help measure attendance rates, it looked fantastic most of the times (closing Roskilde for example). If the Pukkelpop crowd was tiny, then I guess there's no real chance of getting them at Werchter. They should have brought them last year...

2 hours ago, thetechi said:

Still expecting The Weeknd to be announced on Friday. :(

Expecting - not hoping, in any way. 

The Weeknd is playing Open'er on Friday 6/30. Only Thursday and Sunday are still open in his schedule. Thursday would mean playing 4 days straight though, so not really probable. Sunday sub for Foos remains as most likely option. 

7 hours ago, thetechi said:

Still expecting The Weeknd to be announced on Friday. :(

Expecting - not hoping, in any way. 

They just played in Belgium last week. So I think there is a chance RW would be saving the announcement until they played.

Edited by carlosd

1 minute ago, Gossard said:

This is quite funny 'cuz I couldn't name you one song by this guy.......

It doesn't matter, he's headlining UK arenas this week, plus Bonnaroo, Wireless, Open'er, NOS Alive, Benicassim, Longitude, Lolapalooza Paris & South America etc. He's a big act in 2017, like him or not. :)