Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday seems like beyond saving for me...only 5 out of 15 bands are interesting to me. Friday as well - 6 out of 14. Sat & Sun are good. It all started out brilliantly and it's getting way down the hill. Hopefully the last announcements will bring any improvement, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

And judging by today's announcement/no announcement at all Netsky isn't invited so we're stuck with Chainsmokers as a dance act closers

Agree with the general sentiment, been a fair few weeks since anyone was announced who really got me excited. 

Saturday is a particular worry as I'm only really keen on one act (System).

Still hoping there's enough good stuff to stack up the undercard but if there is then they've scheduled the announcements in a weird U-shaped way.

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Its all tactical and if they have it wouldn't surprise me as they have to drop a load of filler in somewhen abd if they drop some big names next week suddenly all people will remember are the headliners and last announcements 

Hmm maybe. Hopefully you're right. 

Ah, well here's to next week. The "thanks for everything" post seems a little awkward now. 

Fingers crossed to at least one recognisable name. 

8 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Surprised they didn't hold back soulwax or Oscar and the wolf for this week

It's this that makes me think there are no more big names. 
I mean they must have a name release schedule so it's odd they didn't keep these until now. It's like they've got all the big names out the way to shift tickets and it's just the smaller ones left...

If they had announced them today, they may have got a slightly better reaction :lol:

15 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

urgent help! I've just checked my flights and realised ill have to be at charleroi airport for 5 am Monday morning, what's the best option taxi, train

The only time I flew there (I'm never doing that again) I took the bus to Brussels Midi train station. It took about one hour if I remember correctly...

1 hour ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

don't drive unfortunately, think it will have to be a taxi what prices we talking

I once took a taxi from Antwerp to my home, which would normally be 30" and that costed me 80 euro lmao.. So, ehm.. A lot :unsure: Id download Uber to lower that price bc Brussels - Charleroi is about an hour I think 

36 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Dinosaur Jr., Biffy Clyro and Run The Jewels are all pretty likely. 

RTJ depends on the level of hip-hop RW will book this year, as the lineup already got plenty of hip-hop acts.

They got a sold-out concert next month in Brussels, perhaps that has been a reason for them to not being announced yet?

33 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Cool, thanks!

any reason for no for TA and WA?

I'm not sure about TA's status in Belgium. They might be too small there. Don't think WA will play only Mad Cool, so there's definitely a chance they'll be at RW. I sure hope so, they were excellent when I saw them at NOS Alive last year!