Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

36 minutes ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

Jay Z headlining V. The only reason for anyone to go to that sorry excuse for a festival. 

Any chance for RW? 

Haha hero .. I've been a few times its so commercially and profit driven ... love jay considering a day ticket but still 100 quid mad 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

I am looking into ordering some food and drink vouchers but not sure how many. How many vouchers does it cost for beer, water and food etc, thanks in advance

Beer, soft drink (250ml) and water (500ml) for 1 vouchers. Bacardi cocktails cost 3 and wine 2-3.  You can recycle empty cups and bottles and get drink-only vouchers in exchange (20 empty cups for 1 coupon). Food cost between 2 and 6 vouchers. 

Edited by e2p2

5 hours ago, gunther Mickey said:

Very upset with the belgian acts addition : no band from wallonia, only electronic/pop bands (with the same musician (Bazart/Warhola - Warhaus and Bernhardt play together when they formed Balthazar, Vuurwerk collaborated with Oscar and the wolf and that's the reason he makes an awful album after his beautiful first record...), and where are the really rock bands? Like Ghinzu, deus, admiral freebee, black box revelation, brns, evil black stars, tommigun, amatorski,... no, we have 6 flemish bands who play exactly the same kind of music. It's not interesting at all and absolutly not enough diversified for me.

Don't mind if Belgian bands are Flemish or from Wallonia but you have a point concerning the electronic/pop style. Too much of the same. 

Well, all that's left to say for this week is here's for a great announcement at 3pm (4pm in Belgium).

Werchter hinted last week we're coming to the end of the announcements so, if it's the last one, it has been a pleasure messaging you all with our predictions (however wayyyyyyy out they've been!).

Cheers everyone.

5 hours ago, thetechi said:

Well, all that's left to say for this week is here's for a great announcement at 3pm (4pm in Belgium).

Werchter hinted last week we're coming to the end of the announcements so, if it's the last one, it has been a pleasure messaging you all with our predictions (however wayyyyyyy out they've been!).

Cheers everyone.

Studio Brussel already confirmed yesterday at 4 that today's announcement would be 1 Belgian name. Seems like they're not building up though, but rather give out Belgian acts in order of appearance. Logically that males today's one a Sunday act, ruling out Netsky.

The lineup is usually complete in the second half of March/early April, so still a few batches to go ;)

25 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Studio Brussel already confirmed yesterday at 4 that today's announcement would be 1 Belgian name. Seems like they're not building up though, but rather give out Belgian acts in order of appearance. Logically that males today's one a Sunday act, ruling out Netsky.

The lineup is usually complete in the second half of March/early April, so still a few batches to go ;)

Had a dream last night that they released the whole poster... I think I might be in too deep 

41 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Studio Brussel has one more (Belgian) announcement. I'm convinced RW will announce their usual (international) package at 4. 

1 minute ago, visdave34 said:

Studio Brussel has one more (Belgian) announcement. I'm convinced RW will announce their usual (international) package at 4. 

But on the website we didn't get an official news message yet about those Belgian acts. And some international names would steal all the thunder of those Belgians. I think stage splits make more sense if they want to 'compensate' for the Belgian announcements.

From a clashfinder I reckon there's could be up to 29 left to announce 

Thursday 5

Friday up to 9 

Saturday 8

Sunday 7

We could have weekly announcements for a long time if we don't get any me today ... also how could we have stage splits so soon? Wouldn't that give the game away as to whether any biget acts were to be announced?

There's StuBru's last name for the week. I think now it's definitely safe to say there will be something this afternoon, otherwise StuBru would have waited till 4pm. I assume RW will just incorporate these smaller Belgian announcement in this afternoon's news message along with other announcements.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

But on the website we didn't get an official news message yet about those Belgian acts. And some international names would steal all the thunder of those Belgians. I think stage splits make more sense if they want to 'compensate' for the Belgian announcements.

Yeah you're right, no separate announcement, however the Belgian names are already added to the line-up (except for today's name Tamino) on the site. So, perhaps announcement this afternoon with one big Belgian name (Triggerfinger?) or the usual package of 4/5 international names? 

11 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Or one grandioso name to lead the 6 announcements? Killers or kasabian or weeknd? ??? (Forever hopeful)

That's a clever thought... It would make the package size similar to the ones we had before, but would still create full effect. Belgian acts would be overshadowed though, but they all had their own moment this week, so that's not really a problem.

Let's see how it will pan out at 4....

26 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

That's a clever thought... It would make the package size similar to the ones we had before, but would still create full effect. Belgian acts would be overshadowed though, but they all had their own moment this week, so that's not really a problem.

Let's see how it will pan out at 4....

Let's hope but not let it consume us haha

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

also how could we have stage splits so soon? Wouldn't that give the game away as to whether any biget acts were to be announced?

In most years, they just gave away who plays on which stage sometime around March or early April. No set times yet, so still some uncertainty as to the size of the acts remaining to be announced.

2 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Graspop is rumoured to have an announcement including coheadliner The Scorpions, as those self-confirmed yesterday evening. Perhaps we're just not getting a 4pm announcement because of that?

In 2011 I saw Scorpions at Graspop on their so called last tour....again in 2014 I saw them at Graspop at their farwell tour....what is this tour now called? The final goodbye tour?? :P 

25 minutes ago, Gossard said:

In 2011 I saw Scorpions at Graspop on their so called last tour....again in 2014 I saw them at Graspop at their farwell tour....what is this tour now called? The final goodbye tour?? :P 

Scorpion's Final Resurrection: The zombie edition!! :D