Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

3 hours ago, DaveRSV4 said:

They're quite good, but don't think you will understand a word, because they sing in an Belgian dialect (west-flemish) which is even for the "other" belgians difficult to understand. :D

3 hours ago, micvet said:

It's a band/artist singing in dutch, but in a dialect from the region West-Vlaanderen, with a folk touch.
He had a hit in Flanders with a song about the Belgian cyclist Frank Vandenbroucke, and a new album now.

Thanks folks. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hijack the line up convo, but this is the only RW thread. I'm almost certainly getting a full w/e ticket, and it will be my first trip (from uk). I think I'll be camping in the hive. I was just wondering if there are any particular RW tips I should know - and also how quickly the weekend tickets sell out? 

Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, Dietediet said:

I guess they're building up to a major Belgian act on Friday, i.e. Netsky or Triggerfinger. I figure it's better than no announcements, considering it's a school holiday week here and until recently they didn't announce at all during those. 

Edit: I figure Netsky has a big chance of being the final name, as he played his non-sold out arena show last weekend. 

You think he has a big chance because he played a non-sold out arena show last weekend? :P 

5 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

How many mainstream acts can we expect now?

there have been enough of them! We need alternative acts or at least moderately alternative.... I'd love Slaves, Sleaford Mods, Pixies, QOTSA.....

The line up started off awesome but every week it gets a little more diluted in my opinion...

3 hours ago, daz-riggers said:

there have been enough of them! We need alternative acts or at least moderately alternative.... I'd love Slaves, Sleaford Mods, Pixies, QOTSA.....

The line up started off awesome but every week it gets a little more diluted in my opinion...

ill reword that sorry, I mean known international bands, with Belgian acts this week I cant imagine much more

13 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Netsky has done one song I know so I assums he will be pretty rubbish if he was a closing dance act 

I could be wrong, but aren't you the one who said people here are narrow-minded because they were disappointed that Chainsmokers got a separate announcement and could possibly close the main on Thurday? Netsky has done one song? Seriously?? For your interest: Chainsmokers played in AB last week, belgian club with max. capacity of 1800 and the reviews / reports were unanymous: it was one big disappointment! Netsky closed Pukkelpop main stage in 2015 and that was one big party. Btw: he also played in Sportpaleis last week in front of 18000. You can easily state that he's a little bit bigger in Belgium. I would take Netsky over Chainsmokers, everytime.

32 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

I could be wrong, but aren't you the one who said people here are narrow-minded because they were disappointed that Chainsmokers got a separate announcement and could possibly close the main on Thurday? Netsky has done one song? Seriously?? For your interest: Chainsmokers played in AB last week, belgian club with max. capacity of 1800 and the reviews / reports were unanymous: it was one big disappointment! Netsky closed Pukkelpop main stage in 2015 and that was one big party. Btw: he also played in Sportpaleis last week in front of 18000. You can easily state that he's a little bit bigger in Belgium. I would take Netsky over Chainsmokers, everytime.

Chill man, people on this forum are very narrow minded. Let me spell it out in lamens terms so you can process it in your head. I have heard one song by netsky and I have seen him live. I have heard many songs by chainsmokers and not seen them live. I believe therefore that I am in a position to adjudicate as to whether I like him or not. Chainsmokers new song with Chris Martin is decent too btw.

The question I ask you is how many more time have you listened to netsky over chainsmokers. .. I expect u haven't ever listed to chainsmokers once, you, just like many people on here dislike them because it makes you feel good to write people off without giving them a chance. 

1 hour ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Netsky also closed the main stage at Rock Werchter in 2013, played after Green Day......

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

The question I ask you is how many more time have you listened to netsky over chainsmokers. .. I expect u haven't ever listed to chainsmokers once, you, just like many people on here dislike them because it makes you feel good to write people off without giving them a chance. 

Are you serious? You completely rule out the possibility that people may simply disagree with you on Chainsmokers? No, that can't be the case, it must be because people in here have a weird fetish in writing people like your self off...yes, that sounds more likely! 

9 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Are you serious? You completely rule out the possibility that people may simply disagree with you on Chainsmokers? No, that can't be the case, it must be because people in here have a weird fetish in writing people like your self off...yes, that sounds more likely! 

Dude read what I wrote, I am saying if he hasn't listened to chainsmokers he can't just write then off. That is all

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Chill man, people on this forum are very narrow minded. Let me spell it out in lamens terms so you can process it in your head. I have heard one song by netsky and I have seen him live. I have heard many songs by chainsmokers and not seen them live. I believe therefore that I am in a position to adjudicate as to whether I like him or not. Chainsmokers new song with Chris Martin is decent too btw.

You are the type of guy that reads back on his comments a couple of years later in shock at how stupid they were hahaha

11 hours ago, daz-riggers said:

> Implying QOTSA,Slaves and Pixies aren't mainstream... :D

4 hours ago, DaveRSV4 said:

You're welcome. 

Don't know who keeps downvoting these/your posts, that's pretty pathetic imo. Evened it out again btw.

Cheers.  I have no idea but whoever it is needs to grow up. It's quite pathetic tbh