Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, idioteque87 said:

May as well do mine while i'm here...

Must sees: Arcade Fire, KOL, Prophets of Rage, Mark Lanegan, Whitney, Radiohead, Royal blood, Kaleo, White Lies, Linkin Park, SOAD, Blink, JEW, Foo Fighters, Alt-J, Dropkick Murphys, The Kills

Would Watch: Imagine Dragons, Lorde, Agnes Obel, Xavier Rudd, James Blake, Future Islands, Bonobo, Frank Carter, Soulwax, Lumineers

My exact list. With one exception, I would just switch Prophets of Rage for Frank Carter.

29 minutes ago, carlosd said:

My exact list. With one exception, I would just switch Prophets of Rage for Frank Carter.

Excellent taste sir :D 

Do bands playing Mad Cool often play RW?

Just saw that Wolf Alice are playing there and they'd make the undercard a bit better!

Edited by idioteque87

10 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Excellent taste sir :D 

Do bands playing Mad Cool often play RW?

Just saw that Wolf Alice are playing there and they'd make the undercard a bit better!

Well, it's only their second year and it has been on a different date last year so it's not really relevant to compare. 

My assumption was based just on what festivals would Eddie Vedder fit if he stays for a few weeks in Europe and Werchter is clearly one of them. 

Edited by neacaisa

Right here goes

Must sees: Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, Linkin Park, SOAD, Blink, Prophets of Rage, Frank Carter.

Very interested:  Mark Lanegan Band, the Kills, Royal Blood, Kaleo, Nathaniel Rateliff, Jimmy Eat World, Soulwax, White Lies

Would watch:  Benjamin Clementine, Dropkick Murphys, Kings of Leon (If absolutely nowt else on)

Steer clear: The Chainsmokers.

33 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Massive attack and Anderson Paak just cancelled their shows at Down The Rabbit Hole (Dutch festival 1 week before Werchter). So they're ruled out for RW now.

That is really disappointing. Badly wanted to see both and was convinced they were big contendors for RW's bill. I'm becoming curious what they will fill the Barn with on Saturday...

15 hours ago, brightside23 said:

Hi guys. Does anyone know if the 4-person tents in the Hive Resort are put-up for you or you have to do it yourself?

And fingers crossed for an announcement tomorrow. Maybe we'll get Kasabian or The Killers after all ;)

Yeah :)

The tents already set up when you get there. They will give you the inflatable beds (if part of the package) and I think that is pretty much it.

Also hoping for Kasabian or The Killers, although i'd prefer the Killers, since I haven't seen them live.

Hello :)

I was hoping to go to Werchter for the first time this year, but may be forced to come alone- the line up is unmissable but I can't get anyone to commit to coming with me!

Is there a "Camp Loner" style camping area, a la Download? Have any of you guys ever been alone before and would you recommend/advise against it?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, ChristovGiant said:

Hello :)

I was hoping to go to Werchter for the first time this year, but may be forced to come alone- the line up is unmissable but I can't get anyone to commit to coming with me!

Is there a "Camp Loner" style camping area, a la Download? Have any of you guys ever been alone before and would you recommend/advise against it?

Thanks!

There's no "Camp Loner"  area but dont worry, There are already a few here that have the same "problem" and with everyday that pass there will be more ;)

Everybody is nice, the atmosphere is great and the Belgians are lovely people, you won't be alone at all. I went alone last year and had a blast!