Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd get on the 'hoping to see' list bandwagon.

Must See: Foo Fighters, Imagine Dragons, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Nathaniel Rateliff, SOAD

Have not heard of before but will try and see: Kaleo, Frank Carter

Am desperately hoping will still be announced: Biffy Clyro, Passenger, Maximo Park, Sum 41, Frank Turner, Some really great folk rock act.

Great line-up anyway, but heres to hoping.

Here's what I want to see from the lineup so far:

Must sees: Foo Fighters, System Of A Down, Linkin Park, Blink-182

Very Interested: Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Radiohead, Prophets of Rage, Royal Blood, Jimmy Eat World, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Would Watch: Mark Lanegan, Mura Masa, Bonobo, Crystal Fighters, Alt-J

Theres still a few bands on the line up I need check out and a few I've heard of before but haven't really listened to. Does anyone have a Spotify playlist or something for Werchter where I can give some of the other bands a listen? 

32 minutes ago, tyranicide said:

Here's what I want to see from the lineup so far:

Must sees: Foo Fighters, System Of A Down, Linkin Park, Blink-182

Very Interested: Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Radiohead, Prophets of Rage, Royal Blood, Jimmy Eat World, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Would Watch: Mark Lanegan, Mura Masa, Bonobo, Crystal Fighters, Alt-J

Theres still a few bands on the line up I need check out and a few I've heard of before but haven't really listened to. Does anyone have a Spotify playlist or something for Werchter where I can give some of the other bands a listen? 

There is an official spotify playlist from RW themselves. Also of you search by 'festileaks' i think you can find another one. 

Must see : SOAD, Linkin Park, Alt-J, Radiohead, Prophets of rage, Arcade Fire, Kaleo, Benjamin Clementine.

Very interested : Foo's, Kings of Leon, Imagine Dragons, Royal Blood, Oscar and the Wolf, Lorde, The Kills, The Lumineers, Warhaus.

Why not? Blink 182, James Blake, Soulwax, Bazart, Whitney, Dropkick Murphys, Crystal Fighters, Bonobo, Rateliff, Frank Carter, Mura Masa.

Not at all : Chainsmockers, Agnes Obel, Future Islands, G-eazy, JEW, Mark Lanegan, Rae Sremmurd, Tourist leMC, Xavier Rudd, White lies, MGK, Maggie Rogers.

I hope : Sum 41, Pendulum, Incubus, Jamiroquai, Ghinzu, Kasabian, Half Moon Run, Blossoms, Glass Animals, Warpaint, Cage the Elephant, Sohn, Banks, Milky Chance, The Hives, Bear's Den, Circa Waves, Highly Suspect, Billy talent,...

20 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Any reason Alex clare could be announced his new song is on an advert for Nissan or mitsubishi and it's a banger 

He has just been announced yesterday on a new festival in Eastern Romania that's in the same weekend as Werchter... so he's doing a few festivals this summer. I don't know how tight is his schedule then because it's quite a trip from Belgium to there or the other way around.

Let me try this too.

Must see: Radiohead, James Blake, Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, Prophets of Rage, The Kills

Very interested: Bonobo, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Royal Blood, Kaleo, Benjamin Clementine, Whitney, Alt-J

If there's nothing better: Agnes Obel, White Lies, Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World, Nathaniel Rateliff

Avoid at all costs: Chainsmokers, G Eazy, Machine Gun Kelly, Dropkick Murphys

Looking forward to the rest of the lineup. Saturday's Barn is almost empty, Sunday mainstage too, should have some more good names coming up. 

Would really love a good hiphop act like RTJ, ATCQ or Frank Ocean, not just bouncy stuff like Rae Sremmurd. 

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

EDDIE VEDDER. HEADLINES. FIRENZE ROCKS FESTIVAL (ITALY). ON 24TH JUNE. I don't know if he can stay a bit longer in Europe, but please Rock Werchter... Get him on the line-up... 

Oh yes. That would be awesome

Must see: Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, Linkin Park, SOAD, Blink 182, Imagine Dragons, Prophets of Rage, Soulwax, Dropkicks, JEW, Rateliff, White Lies and Frank Carter

Interest but will miss if clashes: Radiohead, Lorde, Royal Blood, Crystal Fighters, Mura Musa, Rae Sremmurd, Xavier Rudd and MGK 

Christ when I type it out like that it makes everything look better.

49 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

EDDIE VEDDER. HEADLINES. FIRENZE ROCKS FESTIVAL (ITALY). ON 24TH JUNE. I don't know if he can stay a bit longer in Europe, but please Rock Werchter... Get him on the line-up... 

Ohh, how great would that be. The only problem I see is he'd probably headline the Barn and clash with the Main Stage headliner. As long as it's Linkin Park, Kings of Leon or Radiohead I don't really care... :P 

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Oh my God this is the best news. Please God please! Please RW please! Please Eddie Vedder please! 

Ahhh go on then!

Must sees: Foo Fighters, System Of A Down, Blink 182, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Prophets Of Rage, Royal Blood, Dropkick Murpheys, Jimmy Eat World

Very Interested: Kings Of Leon, Lorde, Bonobo, Future Islands, Frank Carter, Mark Lanegan, White Lies, Nathaniel Raetliff

Would Watch: Machine Gun Kelly, Mura Masa, Lumineers, The Kills, Linkin Park

There's nobody at the moment on the lineup who I actively dislike. Might swerve Chainsmokers but otherwise I'm laughin.

Ok, let's jump the bandwagon!

Must sees: Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Bonobo, Foo Fighters, The Kills.

Very interested: Lorde, Agnes Obel, Mark Lanegan Band, Whitney, Royal Blood, Future Islands, Bazart, Kaleo, Nathaniel Rateliff, Warhaus, Maggie Rogers, Jimmy Eat World, Alt-J, Soulwax, Benjamin Clementine.

Would watch: Kings of Leon, Imagine Dragons, Prophets of Rage, Mura Masa, Xavier Rudd, James Blake, Oscar & the Wolf, White Lies, Linkin Park, System of a Down, Blink-182, Crystal Fighters, Frank Carter. Dropkick Murphys, The Lumineers, Rae Sremmurd, Tourist LeMC.

Steer clear: The Chainsmokers, Machine Gun Kelly, G-Eazy.

May as well do mine while i'm here...

Must sees: Arcade Fire, KOL, Prophets of Rage, Mark Lanegan, Whitney, Radiohead, Royal blood, Kaleo, White Lies, Linkin Park, SOAD, Blink, JEW, Foo Fighters, Alt-J, Dropkick Murphys, The Kills

Would Watch: Imagine Dragons, Lorde, Agnes Obel, Xavier Rudd, James Blake, Future Islands, Bonobo, Frank Carter, Soulwax, Lumineers

12 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

May as well do mine while i'm here...

Must sees: Arcade Fire, KOL, Prophets of Rage, Mark Lanegan, Whitney, Radiohead, Royal blood, Kaleo, White Lies, Linkin Park, SOAD, Blink, JEW, Foo Fighters, Alt-J, Dropkick Murphys, The Kills

I think you did pick the right festival for you ;)