Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Hi guys,

I just got my ticket for RW17 and will be coming from Canada. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the lodges are like at the Hive Resort. They seem really expensive, but I just missed out on getting the hive resort two-person tent package - I should've bought a few days earlier. I'm not super keen on the idea of dragging all my camping gear from Canada and the last time I was at Werchter (2009), there was no such thing as the Hive Resort. Has anyone stayed in the lodges and can you give me an opinion on whether they're worth the money?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

One last question, what are all your opinions on the line-up so far? To me it looks incredible and really looking forward to seeing Arcade Fire and Radiohead on consecutive days but I understand the line-up has historically been really good so I dunno how it compares.

Thanks

Good evening fellow Dorset forum goer,

I won't be able to answer the camping question as I haven't been before so cannot comment on facilities.

However, in terms of the line-up it'll be useful for you to read the rest of this thread, bearing in mind it is just other people's opinions. :-)

Great lineup, especially the headliners, however some people have been unhappy with the last couple of announcements due to popularity of the announced acts. Some have suggested it is going to be a top heavy festival. Do have a listen to the acts that have been announced. It's very much a case of personal taste. We do also have about 35 acts still to go so we're almost guaranteed to know/like  at least one or two at the very minimum.

I haven't heard of quite a lot of the announced acts but had a good listen to some and am really excited to see them live now (particularly Kaleo and Nathaniel Rateliff) - we're in for a treat!

Edited by jlillycrop

8 hours ago, A Praise Chorus said:

Hi guys,

I just got my ticket for RW17 and will be coming from Canada. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the lodges are like at the Hive Resort. They seem really expensive, but I just missed out on getting the hive resort two-person tent package - I should've bought a few days earlier. I'm not super keen on the idea of dragging all my camping gear from Canada and the last time I was at Werchter (2009), there was no such thing as the Hive Resort. Has anyone stayed in the lodges and can you give me an opinion on whether they're worth the money?

Hey man I bought a tent for 4 people. 

Well we are only 3 and now we have one extra space. Let me know If you are interested. That is if you are traveling alone. 

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

IMG_0097.PNG.6209620b0413649b5f5d7e36b58

Full first announcement taken from PKP topic. Nice undercard to stay with.  I'm mainly surprised about Car Seat Headrest, London Grammar and the Flaming Lips. I thought they are all nailed on for RW

Holy fuck they have some amazing bands in there. 

Editors

Bastille 

The flaming lips

Elbow 

George ezra 

Tove lo

Band of horses 

Bear's den

The pretty reckless 

Rise against 

And most importantly 

Mumford and sons. 

I'm crying right now. 

7 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

The rap from RW is shite compared to chance the rapper and cypress hill. Sad for London Grammar and Moderat too.

The amount of Rap acts in RW is very small. In fact I think this edition already have more acts since 2013 which had Kendrick Lamar,  Odd Future,  Frank Ocean and Azealia Banks on the same day. 

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

I know, I don't complain about the number of acts, as a matter of fact I don't expect further additions. They just could have picked artists more suited for my taste on the few spots they had.

I think there will be a few more,  though I dont follow that genre so I dont know if RTJ,  Anderson .paak and the likes are ruled out already. 

Not overly fussed on any of those not playing RW (apart from Moose Blood but by this point I've saw them plenty). Sorta glad they have The XX/Bastille/Elbow though, leaves us space for some more big acts.

Chance the rapper would be nice, if we get RTJ instead I'll be well chuffed. 

Does this mean any bands playing PKP will not be playing RW?

So many good acts, Ty Segall, PJ Harvey, Carseat Headrest, Black Lips, Interpol, The XX, Julia Jacklin. The undercard is very very strong at PKP, however the headliners kinda suck. 

Think I chose the wrong festival :( 

Edited by idioteque87

The PKP announcement has definately ruled out a few people i would like to have seen at rock wertcher, but generally i think it could have been worse! Id say their Friday is very weak at the moment! (Bastille headlining off like 2 albums?!)

If i run through the PKP names, i reckon i have broadly the same number of people i would want to see as i do at RW, but RW still has half its line up to come.

17 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

So many good acts, Ty Segall, PJ Harvey, Carseat Headrest, Black Lips, Interpol, The XX, Julia Jacklin. The undercard is very very strong at PKP, however the headliners kinda suck. 

The joy of festivals. For my tastes RW is head snd shoulders above anything.  

30 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

You can sell the tickets though so dont worry.  I would wait if I were you, only half of RW lineup is already known and I believe the undercard will be much better in a few weeks. 

44 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I'm so glad we don't have to get The xx or Mumford & Sons....thank you Pukkelpop :) 

Hahaha I had exactly the same view when I looked at the lineup.
Obviously I knew M & S wouldn't be at RW because they'd headline but they've been disappointing when I've seen them live in the past. 

And the one act I just don't understand their popularity is The XX so completely stoked to see them on the PKP lineup.

Overall, not too disappointed. Roll on Friday!
(All my personal opinion, of course.)

Gutted to see we're not getting Flaming Lips, an amazing live act but I did manage to see them this tour already, and am praying they're at Glastonbury so can't be too greedy I suppose!

Some other good names too that we'll miss out on, but nothing too major I don't think, plus from a selfish point of you a lot of the bigger names I'm not interested in at all, so having them ruled out for RW is a bonus.

Previously people were saying Kasabian were likely for PKP as a headliner, but interestingly they're not listed - does this make them more likely for RW as one of the remaining 'bigger' names? 

24 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Gutted to see we're not getting Flaming Lips, an amazing live act but I did manage to see them this tour already, and am praying they're at Glastonbury so can't be too greedy I suppose!

Some other good names too that we'll miss out on, but nothing too major I don't think, plus from a selfish point of you a lot of the bigger names I'm not interested in at all, so having them ruled out for RW is a bonus.

Previously people were saying Kasabian were likely for PKP as a headliner, but interestingly they're not listed - does this make them more likely for RW as one of the remaining 'bigger' names? 

They are in Japan during Pukkelpop so ruled out anyway.

52 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Yeah, it's definitely possible. But as of yet there have been no words from any official sources that indicate they are. I think there has been speculation because they haven't played in a couple of years and are playing other festivals so it's likely. 

Will have to wait and see (either for Friday or Wednesday if there's a midweek announcement).