Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JEW are a great band in my opinion but have been doing the circuit for many moons. Still hoping for some newer bands like Sundara, Circa and foster the people in upcoming announcements.

If i get 1 band i want to see out of every announcement though i am happy! Can't have too many clashes!

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

That's the 2 that stood out for me as well

Same for me. Was thinking Nathaniel was ruled out as playing some other Belgian festival but that's a nice surprise.

Jimmy Eat World - finally :] :] :]

The other 5...don't care, easpecially about the rap/hip-hop genre

1 minute ago, Antbot89 said:

JEW are a great band in my opinion but have been doing the circuit for many moons. Still hoping for some newer bands like Sundara, Circa and foster the people in upcoming announcements.

If i get 1 band i want to see out of every announcement though i am happy! Can't have too many clashes!

Agree. I've been gutted a few times at RW with awful clashes.

Jimmy is one of those super nostalgic bands for me. and I actually never had the chance to see them live. so I am pretty excited about them being there. yeah, I am super biased because it brings highschool back, but mehh ;)

3 minutes ago, carlosd said:

Jimmy is one of those super nostalgic bands for me. and I actually never had the chance to see them live. so I am pretty excited about them being there. yeah, I am super biased because it brings highschool back, but mehh ;)

I saw JEW at T quite a few years back. They were excellent and always fancied seeing them again.

my guess is g-eazy will headline a tent. Probably, Jimmy Eat World will be on the main stage rather than clashing with one of the Saturday headliners and I don't see the others being contenders for the other important slots so we still have a few big names incoming. :-)

LE: Looking at the font size of the names, probably not even G-Eazy can headline a tent. Also, for Sunday we only have the barn head or sub spot open and I doubt he will fit. Probably, he will play before Soulwax in the Klub C or earlier in the Barn

Edited by neacaisa

I think G-Eazy will be on the mainstage, same thing with Nathaniel Rateliff and Jimmy Eat World. Yes they aren't the biggest names, honestly a bit dissapointed with this pack but there's a lot more to come. A bit strange that there are now 3 hiphop acts already playing (if you incluse tourist lemc tho).. RW seemed to me always a bit scared to program such things and now they're doing it.. Odd.. Chances on The Weeknd and Anderson .Paak are getting smaller with G-Eazy now aswell..

9 minutes ago, carlosd said:

4 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I saw JEW at T quite a few years back. They were excellent and always fancied seeing them again.

JEW is a great addition but I'm a big fan...more so of the earlier stuff. It's the one band missing for me from the Nova Rock lineup.

Nathaniel Rateliff is a great addition, was superb at Glastonbury last year.

Still no need to panic, there'll be more big names to come later. A lot of bands will be tied down in other agreements meaning they can't be announced yet. I would imagine RW have probaby held on to a bigger name or two to counter next week's PKP announcement.

Besides, give the acts you don't necessarily know so well a chance. Every year Glastonbury gives me 4/5 new acts that I have never heard of but really enjoy, Nate Rateliff being one of them. I haven't delved much into the RW undercard as of yet, but really enjoyed Kaleo so far and look forward to checking them out, I'm sure there'll be loads of others too!

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

I would imagine RW have probaby held on to a bigger name or two to counter next week's PKP announcement.

A good shout with this theory. I was just going to say we don't have a good chance for receiving new and very strong names, but you kinda gave me hope. However, people have been overly optimistic on this thread regarding the possible subs for the main stage.

7 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

A good shout with this theory. I was just going to say we don't have a good chance for receiving new and very strong names, but you kinda gave me hope. However, people have been overly optimistic on this thread regarding the possible subs for the main stage.

I'm not so sure, they seem to be selling it just fine to worry too much about Puckelpop. Saturday comfortably the best day so far though, I would catch about 7 acts/maybe 8 but I wouldn't be majorly bothered if I only had a Saturday day ticket either and Friday I just wouldn't touch and Thursday would be at a bare minimum.

It's going to be a great festival regardless... I mean some of the bands I was disappointed to hear a couple of weeks ago, I have been pleasantly surprised with after researching. But then again, the incredible headliners gave people too much hope that the entire lineup was going to be as outstanding, meaning that whilst these announcements have been okay, they've been made worse by everyone hoping we'd get The Killers or Kasabian or Biffy or other big names. 

Will hopefully be a weekend, of drink, amazing headliners and new discoveries. 

1 minute ago, jlillycrop said:

It's going to be a great festival regardless... I mean some of the bands I was disappointed to hear a couple of weeks ago, I have been pleasantly surprised with after researching. But then again, the incredible headliners gave people too much hope that the entire lineup was going to be as outstanding, meaning that whilst these announcements have been okay, they've been made worse by everyone hoping we'd get The Killers or Kasabian or Biffy or other big names. 

Will hopefully be a weekend, of drink, amazing headliners and new discoveries. 

Yeah I blame all those dam dreamers..... set my expectations way too high. Its not too late though is it? 

But with the right company and many drinks its going to be great anyway........

Judging by font size on the FB page, none of these acts will take the higher slots. So I guess there's still some bigger names to come. Almost all Barn material on Saturday and a sub or Barn headliner on Sunday at least. I'm guessing Live Nation would like to shed more light on Pukkelpop's announcement next Monday and saves their last bigger names for later this month or even March. 

Edited by visdave34

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Judging by don't site on the FB page, none of these acts will take the higher slots. So I guess there's still some bigger names to come. Almost all Barn material on Saturday and a sub or Barn headliner on Sunday at least. I'm guessing Live Nation would like to shed more light on Pukkelpop's announcement next Monday and saves their last bigger names for later this month or even March. 

Pukkelpop is not a Live Nation Festival, isn't it?