Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Theyve been announced today check rw site

Ahah your troll is a big failure mate :P (usually acts are announced at 4PM, and Rock Werchter doesn't have acts previously announced in other Belgian festivals)

19 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Can't wait for tommrow's announcement. Fingers crossed! 

So we haven't had anyone self-announce yet like the last two weeks :P
Hmm trying so hard not to get excited about it. 

Did for the last two weeks, was glued to this forum and the website but then didn't know anyone! :P

Horrible feeling, having to wait another week.

12 minutes ago, carlosd said:

Just give me Cage the Elephant tomorrow and I promise I ask for nothing more.

They're playing in America until the 4th of June and returning there for a gig on the14th of July. In those 5 weeks in between they have only 5 european gigs lined-up. That, and knowing they toured with Foo Fighters on previours tours (package deal?) and have become frineds with Grohl & co makes it very likely they'll get added tot the RW-line-up. If not tomorrow, then perhaps one of the following fridays. Then you won't be able to ask for anything (any)more ;)

Edited by DaveRSV4

12 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

They're playing in America until the 4th of June and returning there for a gig on the14th of July. In those 5 weeks in between they have only 5 european gigs lined-up. That, and knowing they toured with Foo Fighters on previours tours (package deal?) and have become frineds with Grohl & co makes it very likely they'll get added tot the RW-line-up. If not tomorrow, then perhaps one of the following fridays. Then you won't be able to ask for anything (any)more ;)

I actually saw them when they were touring with the Foos, back in Arizona. One of the best gigs i've ever been to. I pray the rock gods hear you.

I'm aware this query mightn't go down too well with some people, but seeing as us festival goers are about openness and freedom here goes: What is the availability of drugs like at RW? Some festivals (Benicassim especially) you can pretty much get what you like, but I've read that RW can be quite a conservative festival so I'm wondering whether that'll mean getting hold of things is more difficult.

Any advice will be appreciated ;)

4 minutes ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

Sooooo, the new Linkin Park single?

Here's my thoughts on it

https://flippingtherecord.com/2017/02/16/linkin-park-ft-kiiara-heavy-single-review/

Just heard it. Not very much into it. It is not a bad track, but is not what i would expect to hear if theyre on stage. If this is what the new album is about, I hope they stick to older material for RW.

26 minutes ago, daz-riggers said:

I'm aware this query mightn't go down too well with some people, but seeing as us festival goers are about openness and freedom here goes: What is the availability of drugs like at RW? Some festivals (Benicassim especially) you can pretty much get what you like, but I've read that RW can be quite a conservative festival so I'm wondering whether that'll mean getting hold of things is more difficult.

From my experience, people at RW do tend to be more conservative. Which is not a bad thing at all, quite the opposite, at least from my point of view. I go there to enjoy the music and I am not very interested in dealing with stonned people as they tend to be bothersome (specially in the camping areas). People drink a lot. Then again, they're belgians, so they know how to handle the beer business.

I do not know, however, if there are few drugged people due to little availability or if fest goers are simply not that interested.

Edited by carlosd

1 hour ago, daz-riggers said:

Dude ... i can be your man on this ... availability is basically zero ... no chance whatsoever ... swim managed to get a little bit on the last day but nothing were talking about ... so yeah very unlikely.