Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

48 minutes ago, thetime said:

I've been to werchter since 2010 or is it 2009, never seen a cross word on here until this year.  This is your 3rd year isn't it red day? I'm sure you can say the same thing.

That's correct.  I felt like I knew all about the festival before heading off the first time thanks to the people who use this forum.  Really was a geat help and the forum kinda matched the type of people I met at the festival itself.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hammerfest said:

I haven't seen anyone post this here yet but the tent 2 and army tent packages for the hive resort are almost sold out.  I'm coming from Canada and was holding out hope on finding a cheap airbnb instead of buying the tent 2 package and noticed that their website has "last packages" written beside them now.  I emailed them and they confirmed that they are almost sold out so i guess I better be safe and book a tent!

Quite a few pople have mentioned that Leuven is very expensive for accommodation during the festival.  Airbnb places I looked at were a fair bit out of Leuven and although you can get a bus back, I believe trying to find a taxi or other transport to where you're staying is almost impossible.

Personally, I'd book the tent, which I assume is in the HIve Resort.  15 minute walk along a straight flat road and you're back to a really good place to stay.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

I've been to werchter since 2010 or is it 2009, never seen a cross word on here until this year.  This is your 3rd year isn't it red day? I'm sure you can say the same thing.

I've been lurking/posting for about 10 years, and outside of the Benicassim threads, I've seen nothing but reasonable people on the international sub-forum. It's a shame that the tone of this thread has dropped considerably this year.

In other news, I *CANNOT* wait for Werchter this year :D. Great line-up from my perspective.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

I've been lurking in this forum since the 2013 thread and until now I've never seen anything bad

Hello, guys, how are you doing?

So, I will be in Europe backpacking in June (from Brazil), then I couldn´t resist and just booked the tickets + the Hive Resort for RW.

So, since I´ll be carrying my backpack with all my stuff (I travel light, so it´s a 50 L), I wonder if there´s a 100% safe locker inside for me to leave the more valuable stuff or should I arrange to leave them somewhere in Brussels?

I wonder too if is it cool to hang out at the Hive Resort during the day, before the gigs begin. Can anybody comment on that?

Thanks in advance!

Though I don't have like a long ass history with festivals, I've never gotten anything stolen and I think the security on the the Hive Resort is a little bit more structured because there are less people. You're just going to get a tent for your own, I'd just leave your backpack and other stuff in that tent and take your valuables with you (like phone, passport, money etc etc)

I don't the the Hive Resort has the same camping vibe as the Hive or the normal campings so idk really, never stayed at Hive Resort so..

-

Anderson .Paak got a show added on 8th may in Brussels, with Rae Sremmurd on the bill.. Is Paak out or nah? They usually don't tend to book rap/hip hop artists that much, so Im curious.. I mean Les Ardentes and Dour take most of the hip hop artists, but ya

54 minutes ago, rafaleon said:

Hello, guys, how are you doing?

So, I will be in Europe backpacking in June (from Brazil), then I couldn´t resist and just booked the tickets + the Hive Resort for RW.

So, since I´ll be carrying my backpack with all my stuff (I travel light, so it´s a 50 L), I wonder if there´s a 100% safe locker inside for me to leave the more valuable stuff or should I arrange to leave them somewhere in Brussels?

I wonder too if is it cool to hang out at the Hive Resort during the day, before the gigs begin. Can anybody comment on that?

Thanks in advance!

You can rent a locker if you want :) 
http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical-info/at-the-festival-site#266 

12 hours ago, idioteque87 said:

Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it... 

There are so many wet blankets on this forum...... instead of getting upset and posting an emotional response... perhaps you should hit that  karma button and punish the good views and opinions of fellow forum members. Or................post a valid argument? Your reason why you like the band..... but I warn you.... its likely to be wrong :o.  

Back to music: predictions for this weeks announcement!!! Unless I have been outcast by the clique:ph34r:

51 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Back to music: predictions for this weeks announcement!!! 

As mentioned by others in past pages, I would love to see Biffy announced as their Belgian show was last Friday (too late to be announced last week)... So fingers crossed!!

The more I listen to them, the more I want The Killers over Kasabian, Weeknd or XX but the more announcements we get, the less and less likely it is.

I did think there could be some clause in the BST contract that said they had to have sold out before they get announced within mainland Europe. But that seems unlikely - I think my brain is trying to think of any possible link to them being announced that could still happen. 

I would also love to see Passenger and/or Frank Turner but I think they're also pretty unlikely now sadly purely because of their tour dates/ popularity.

Personally, I have been a little disappointed with the past 3 announcements (always the issue with drip-feeding) so am not getting my hopes up, just in case. Regardless, I need to keep looking at the line-up overall because it's still fantastic. 

Edited by jlillycrop

9 hours ago, jlillycrop said:

As mentioned by others in past pages, I would love to see Biffy announced as their Belgian show was last Friday (too late to be announced last week)... So fingers crossed!!

I'm going to realize the Biffy prophecy cause I'm a wizard.

I'm really disappointed with the smaller acts so far to be honest. The headliners are headlining bands but it's been a long time since I liked Kings Of Leon, SOAD, Blink 182, Foo's, Linkin Park. Loved the early albums of those bands but they've been poor for some time now.

This festival seems to lack any fresh bands. Hoping some get announced. 

2 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

I'm really disappointed with the smaller acts so far to be honest. The headliners are headlining bands but it's been a long time since I liked Kings Of Leon, SOAD, Blink 182, Foo's, Linkin Park. Loved the early albums of those bands but they've been poor for some time now.

Haha I agree with you but they still put an amazing live show. Also we still have more 40 bands coming up. Let's hope for the best. 

This weeks predictions? Well less predictions, more of a wishlist but Biffy, Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World, Childish Gambino, Run the Jewels, Action Bronson, Brian Wilson, Pet Shop Boys, The Cribs, The Wombats or Flogging Molly.

A couple of them between now and June would be swell.

Edit: Oh, also Paws and Stereophonics.

Edited by Mar2190

31 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Well,  define fresh. Most of the top positions are already announced, while most of the bottom havent yet.  After this Friday we will have about half of the acts. RW tends to place (relatively) new artists at the start of the days,  giving them the smallest/smaller font, see Frank Carter,  Maggie Rogers etc. 

Looking at Hurricane Festivals lineup I would be really happy with: 

A Day To Remember - Flogging Molly - Jimmy Eat World - Gogol Bordello - You Me At Six - Kodaline - Kensington - Nothing But Thieves

Do you think that all of these are possible, or can we rule some of them out? If RW get like half of them, I would be more than happy!

11 minutes ago, Hyllebergxd said:

A Day To Remember - Flogging Molly - Jimmy Eat World - Gogol Bordello - You Me At Six - Kodaline - Kensington - Nothing But Thieves

Do you think that all of these are possible, or can we rule some of them out? If RW get like half of them, I would be more than happy!

Just saw this latest announcement, would also be more than chuffed with Moose Blood off it.

19 minutes ago, Hyllebergxd said:

A day to remember playing in Graspop. I dont think any of the others have a Belgium festival date yet. 

48 minutes ago, Hyllebergxd said:

maybe 2 or 3 names of that list can get on the line-up

a day to remember is playing graspop so no

Kensington did play last year i think, so i guess they will not be on repeat

Edited by reaper

7 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

How does resale at RW work? My flatmate bought a ticket and now has had his holidays declined (rookie error i know). one combi ticket spare w/o booking fee to sell.

if i am not mistaken, once it is sold out you can sell your ticket back to the organisation, so they can sell it to people on the waiting list.

and that is why i ask for my holliday at least 8 months in advance :)

Edited by reaper

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

How does resale at RW work? My flatmate bought a ticket and now has had his holidays declined (rookie error i know). one combi ticket spare w/o booking fee to sell.

1 hour ago, reaper said:

if i am not mistaken, once it is sold out you can sell your ticket back to the organisation, so they can sell it to people on the waiting list.

and that is why i ask for my holliday at least 8 months in advance :)

That's right. If it's sold out, you can sell your ticket via RW-organisation. Or you can put your ticket up for sale on TicketSwap and aks the price you paid for it.  There are already tickets for sale at Ticketswap at this moment! 

If RW isn't sold out, you can't sell them via RW. The easiest way than is via Ticketswap, but you'll have to sell for a lower price than your puchase-price. Students use Ticketswap to buy tickets lastminute at cheaper rate.