Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

4 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Why? What makes you say that? 

Bad internet meme (not pun based on what the other guy said :lol: ) You must have seen it https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder441/60025441.jpg 

Point was that I thought that band and genre fighting was over a long time ago at least in this thread. Some guy just a few pages ago came in and told everyone how boring Arcade Fire and some others bands are and got shit for that but then you pretty much attack the guy for liking bands you don't like (and that are generally not that liked) and you get good reputation and I found that funny and a little bit cringy

I don't care about Linkin Park personally. I see their appeal, saw it 15 years ago and see it now but I don't understand why would I go around and tell people how shitty they are and how ugly their music is and how I can't believe somebody listens to it. There is difference in saying: "Funny, but for me that would be the worst day ever in my 'Rock Werchter attending' history. The saturday has literally 0 appealing names for me at the moment..." and adding: " Can't believe people are still hyped up for Linking Park or Blink 182 (minus the frontman) in 2017. Linkin Park is literally the ugliest music I can imagine." to that 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Bad internet meme (not pun based on what the other guy said :lol: ) You must have seen it https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder441/60025441.jpg 

Point was that I thought that band and genre fighting was over a long time ago at least in this thread. Some guy just a few pages ago came in and told everyone how boring Arcade Fire and some others bands are and got shit for that but then you pretty much attack the guy for liking bands you don't like (and that are generally not that liked) and you get good reputation and I found that funny and a little bit cringy

I don't care about Linkin Park personally. I see their appeal, saw it 15 years ago and see it now but I don't understand why would I go around and tell people how shitty they are and how ugly their music is and how I can't believe somebody listens to it. There is difference in saying: "Funny, but for me that would be the worst day ever in my 'Rock Werchter attending' history. The saturday has literally 0 appealing names for me at the moment..." and adding: " Can't believe people are still hyped up for Linking Park or Blink 182 (minus the frontman) in 2017. Linkin Park is literally the ugliest music I can imagine." to that 

Yeah i got taken to the cleaners for saying AF were shit and kasbian great.. yeah this d bag slags off linkin park and the whole sayurday and these lot say nothing right ... fair point well made sir

7 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Funny, but for me that would be the worst day ever in my 'Rock Werchter attending' history. Can't believe people are still hyped up for Linking Park or Blink 182 (minus the frontman) in 2017. The saturday has literally 0 appealing names for me at the moment...

Linkin Park is literally the ugliest music I can imagine. 

6 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Your family must be proud 

Not to be funny but if the guy has no interest in that day and it just isn't for him then it isn't, simple as that.

For me it's the strongest by a mile base don what I enjoy but Matt Skiba singing for Blink does take an edge away from it. I say this because for me I agree that Tom's voice was shite but we listened to Blink for years and enjoyed them with both of them front men in there. Linkin Park just isn't the strong booking it would have been now as Chester's voice isn't as good as it was, he can't comfortably do the shouty songs now and tbf I don't blame him either so that's no criticism on him generally. SOAD are the one in that lot that makes me think without them I'd be a bit less bothered.  

I think we should all remember that one's person's like is another's dislike but doesn't make it bad. 

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Yeah i got taken to the cleaners for saying AF were shit and kasbian great.. yeah this d bag slags off linkin park and the whole sayurday and these lot say nothing right ... fair point well made sir

If that's your view then it is, Kasabian are a bloody good live act, although like everyone  I don't expect people who straight dislike them to agree with that necessarily.

1 minute ago, AndrewSmith said:

Historically, will this sell out before the end of March? I've seen that the day tickets for Sat / Sun are now Sold Out but was wondering about the full weekend / camping tickets.

I dont think theres any risk of that unless some more big names drop soon as i imagine sales are starting to stagnate... i went in 2015 and it didnt sell out from what i remember

2 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Historically, will this sell out before the end of March? I've seen that the day tickets for Sat / Sun are now Sold Out but was wondering about the full weekend / camping tickets.

it is going fast. i think friday tickets will be next. and when those are gone, it will be full tickets. 

the problem with werchter is, one year they sell out march, another year in april, sometimes even may.

so no clue.

2 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I dont think theres any risk of that unless some more big names drop soon as i imagine sales are starting to stagnate... i went in 2015 and it didnt sell out from what i remember

they are not stagnate at the moment, selling steady 

6 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

4 minutes ago, reaper said:

it is going fast. i think friday tickets will be next. and when those are gone, it will be full tickets. 

the problem with werchter is, one year they sell out march, another year in april, sometimes even may.

so no clue.

Thanks guys, think I'll be buying tickets this month anyway but just wanted to check

44 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Are you kidding me? Have a read of the descriptive words he used dounle standards are rife ... number one ruke is dojt mess with the rw forum 'clique' ...

There is no such thing 'rw forum clique' my friend.  There are a few RW regulars here that are doing the best they can to help others with tips and answers to questions. In addition, just like you&me and any other visitor here,  they have opinions on bands and share their likes and dislikes. 

This is a very lovely thread with lots of nice and helpful people just as the Festival itself. There's no reason to turn against each other or create groups/cliques. 

37 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

There is no such thing 'rw forum clique' my friend.  There are a few RW regulars here that are doing the best they can to help others with tips and answers to questions. In addition, just like you&me and any other visitor here,  they have opinions on bands and share their likes and dislikes. 

This is a very lovely thread with lots of nice and helpful people just as the Festival itself. There's no reason to turn against each other or create groups/cliques. 

Nail on the head. This is a top quality forum with some of the most helpful people you'll find. We can't all agree with music tastes but we can agree to respect everyone's opinions 

50 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

8 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Nail on the head. This is a top quality forum with some of the most helpful people you'll find. We can't all agree with music tastes but we can agree to respect everyone's opinions 

this,

it annoys me a lot whe, people get pissed because you like band A but not B

or you cannot like band C and D on the same time

for instance, a lot of my metal "friends" make fun of me that i like OASIS (my number one band while i am more into rock/metal (metallica, slayer, rammstein, .

the moment they notice they cant win the argument they start calling OASIS a gay band, i know nothing of music because i cant read music notes.... (or the fact they cant understand that i find Faith no more a great band, they could not even understand why they headlined at metal festival :/)

Everybody likes music, everybody's taste is different, just let people enjoy their music, without starting bullshit disscuscions or angry posts about it...

(sorry for crappy english)

7 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I also like slayer, motorhead and the like. Funnily enough I also really liked oasis. 

haha :) great

my wife gets crazy of me, our living room has a big canvas of oasis and a signed gold record from Oasis on the wall (the real deal) and she really does not like them.

but i like so much more, thats whats great at music, it can make you feel happy, sad, get you through dark times, so why are people always bullshitting about it :)

Edited by reaper

2 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Are you kidding me? Have a read of the descriptive words he used dounle standards are rife ... number one ruke is dojt mess with the rw forum 'clique' ...

I'm not sure what "cliques" you're going on about, I think the number 1 rule of this forum is to not be a dick to others. You couldn't exactly blame someone for thinking you're a troll and posting for effect with a lot of your posts. 

56 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I've been to werchter since 2010 or is it 2009, never seen a cross word on here until this year.  This is your 3rd year isn't it red day? I'm sure you can say the same thing.

3 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Another reason people may be slightly suspicious of you is the fact you chose a screen name that was used in South Park to troll with. Easy to believe you are deliberately being confrontational considering this.

"The faculty at South Park Elementary holds a parents-only meeting, discussing the recent activity of an Internet troll named Skankhunt42 who harasses people on the school's student message boards and elsewhere on the Internet."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skank_Hunt

Edited by eoind

I haven't seen anyone post this here yet but the tent 2 and army tent packages for the hive resort are almost sold out.  I'm coming from Canada and was holding out hope on finding a cheap airbnb instead of buying the tent 2 package and noticed that their website has "last packages" written beside them now.  I emailed them and they confirmed that they are almost sold out so i guess I better be safe and book a tent!