Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Just now, Rich88 said:

Biffy playing gigs in Germany this Thursday and Saturday, but interestingly have a gig in Belgium on Friday? Maybe to coincide with their Werchter announcement?

That's why I think that they will be announced next week earliest if they are booked.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, micvet said:

You're obiviously never been on tour with a (big) band. It is not easy to arrange the logistics when 4 shows in a row and touring with a big crew and production.
Waiting at airports, less sleep, miles and miles on a tourbus, promo / interviews for radio/tv/newspaper... additional acoustic promo showcases, meet and greets,...
It is not just one hour of work per day.

hahahahahahhahahaaha - everyone thinks you're well important now you've 'been on tour with a big band'

no one likes a boaster

Hi guys!

I've been following the topic since Radiohead got confirmed (I'm a bit of a fanboy :rolleyes:) and all the following confirmations just seemed to fit so amazingly well on my taste: it has my favourite music from my teens to what I listen to now.

The thing is, I was going to go with my gf but we are not together anymore... And I'm the only one in my group of friends that likes music to the point of travelling to Belgium for a Festival (I'm from Spain). I can't lose this opportunity though, so I was wondering if there is some way to get in touch with people who is in a similiar situation.

I've thought of making a telegram or whatsapp group of interested people in order to exchange music, opinions and get to know each other before the festival, and in case of feeling it we could go to the fest together. I think this got suggested some time ago in the topic but I couldn't find the post...

Anyway, if there's anyone interested feel free to PM me and we could give it a try!

8 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

Get my fingers crossed for Wilco and Dinosaur Jr. They were announced at Mad Cool. Also praying for Nick Cave and Pixies. 

Nick Cave ends his american tour on 29th of June. Unlikely he'll come toEurope so early.

6 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

Get my fingers crossed for Wilco and Dinosaur Jr. They were announced at Mad Cool. Also praying for Nick Cave and Pixies. 

Nick Cave is touring the states until the 29th June, so can not imagine him doing werchter that same weekend. I am hoping he does a few festivals in europe late summer though, hopefully he headlines sziget. :rolleyes:

Nick Cave and the seeds are doing a big European tour from the end of september though.

10 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

Pixies play Lokerse Feesten, which rules them out for Rock Werchter unfortunately. The first two both haven't been announced for a Belgian festival yet, so here's hoping!

4 hours ago, dariohead said:

Hi guys!

I've been following the topic since Radiohead got confirmed (I'm a bit of a fanboy :rolleyes:) and all the following confirmations just seemed to fit so amazingly well on my taste: it has my favourite music from my teens to what I listen to now.

The thing is, I was going to go with my gf but we are not together anymore... And I'm the only one in my group of friends that likes music to the point of travelling to Belgium for a Festival (I'm from Spain). I can't lose this opportunity though, so I was wondering if there is some way to get in touch with people who is in a similiar situation.

I've thought of making a telegram or whatsapp group of interested people in order to exchange music, opinions and get to know each other before the festival, and in case of feeling it we could go to the fest together. I think this got suggested some time ago in the topic but I couldn't find the post...

Anyway, if there's anyone interested feel free to PM me and we could give it a try!

Where you from pal? Good for you for not giving up on the dream despite breaking from the gf!

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

Cactus Festival is announcing new names tomorrow, so another list of acts to be ruled out. A guessing game on their Facebook page seems to be hinting at Richard Ashcroft, Michael Kiwanuka, Rhye and Kevin Morby.

Damn, was hoping Kiwanuka would show up at RW

6 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

hahahahahahhahahaaha - everyone thinks you're well important now you've 'been on tour with a big band'

no one likes a boaster

Come on man, step up your game!!!

4 hours ago, alan_ts said:

I'm like Usain Bolt :D 

...yes, your girlfriend told us :D:D:D  ...just kidding :P 

I didn't realise Biffy was playing Belgium on Friday and I that would explain why they haven't been announced yet....hopefully next week then :)

11 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Cactus Festival is announcing new names tomorrow, so another list of acts to be ruled out. A guessing game on their Facebook page seems to be hinting at Richard Ashcroft, Michael Kiwanuka, Rhye and Kevin Morby.

Yep,  all four of them were in Cactus Festival announcement. On the other hand,  it could have been much worse. Wilco,  Ryan Adams,  Spoon,  Belle & Sebastian, Cage the Elephant etc are still available. 

6 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Cage the Elephant was announced to Czech Rock for People festival (4/7-6/7).

So I think it can be probably announced also here.... along with Foster the People, Evanescence ( :/ ), or Bloody Beetroots.

Calm down, Evanescence is headlining Graspop :)

19 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

no one likes a boaster

The RW forum was and still is a great forum with nice and helpful people for years. I viewed your posts from the last weeks and all I saw was negativity, pedantry and even homophobic comments. You're full of yourself and only your music taste is OK. I tried to keep quiet for a few weeks but I think I can speak for lots of great festivalpeople here: no one likes your negativity.
You're one of the people they invented the mute button for.
From now on: ignore
Have a nice day
And for all lovely people here: welcome to Belgium, i hope you all gonna enjoy our festival, the quiet atmosphere and our beer.