Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

16 minutes ago, Red Day said:

BC isn't my kind of thing but he does have a fine voice. I never realised he won Mercury Music Prize in 2015 until I researched him.  

Still hoping for Frank Turner and Frank Carter to be announced. Some Franz Ferdinand as well would be nice

So basically any artists who's name commences with 'FRA' you would be up for?

Would the Fratellis count by your standards?

Edited by Skankhunt42

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

So basically any artists who's name commences with 'FRA' you would be up for?

Would the Fratellis count by your standards?

Not sure if you're attempting humour there but good spot. And no, Fratellis are crap 

14 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Day tickets for Sunday almost sold out. Does that mean they don't need to book a big sub like The Killers?

I don't think so because they still have to convince people to buy combitickets. If the combi's are sold out....they can practically book  what they want. However, it's Rock Werchter, they always seem to manage to create a diverse, interesting, well-balanced line-up. No worries ;)

19 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Day tickets for Sunday almost sold out. Does that mean they don't need to book a big sub like The Killers?

Im afraid so but they still need someone strong opposed to the Foos and if alt-j are opposed to them then the likes of Bastille will do. 

The lineup would have been completed months ago. Just because they drip-feed the announcements doesn't mean the artists aren't booked. 

It will be in some contracts that they cannot be announced until a certain date (because of some exclusive deal or because the band has a gig that hasn't sold out very close to the festival site) but it won't usually affect ticket sales. 

12 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

The lineup would have been completed months ago. Just because they drip-feed the announcements doesn't mean the artists aren't booked. 

It will be in some contracts that they cannot be announced until a certain date (because of some exclusive deal or because the band has a gig that hasn't sold out very close to the festival site) but it won't usually affect ticket sales. 

I'd think that's correct.  Be a fair chance most things are booked and they'd have a pretty good idea of their line up and who's playing where.  Id guess it's unlikely we'll get the killers now

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It certainly means if they don't have one they don't need one

I dont think it works like that ... they know they have to produce lineups that get people talking and excited othrrwise we would all be saying oh dnt buy tix ubtil full lineup is revealed ... they would get a rep otherwise 

1 minute ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I dont think it works like that ... they know they have to produce lineups that get people talking and excited othrrwise we would all be saying oh dnt buy tix ubtil full lineup is revealed ... they would get a rep otherwise 

If they are selling out day tickets this fast then they are doing enough....and it's not like the reaction to the lineup has been bad.

Bought my tickets today and now I can not wait, line up is looking great and with a few more additions to my taste I'll be very pleased with the line up! On the subject of the Killers or just big acts being added in general, I don't think we should dismiss the possibility just yet. Big acts are still getting added all the time, Prophets of Rage for example got added last week and they're high up on a lot of the line ups around Europe this summer. I feel like we are definitely set to get a few more big acts, a few barn headliners for example and maybe at least one more sub. Here's hoping anyway! 

55 minutes ago, Bshents said:

Hi all,

This is my first time going to RW, is there anything I need to know which is unique to the festival?

Has anyone used Big Green Coach to get there before? Looking at going from Manchester 

I would not say there is anything unique about the festival, just a very well organised festival with a top line up usually.

Used big green coach before, not to go to werchter but to other places and no problems at all. I have got the coach to werchter before though, that is a long trip. Its ok going as everyone is up for it and fresh, come the monday morning and the long coach home is an abolute killer.

Im presuming you will go to manchester via london and then the ferry, as I went from birmingham - london  ferry.

52 minutes ago, thetime said:

Warpaint are one of my fave bands and are touring in July and doing roskilde, I would imagine they are nailed on to play werchter.

Question is where would they play, hIgh up on the barn I would imagine. 

They subbed the Barn in 2014, played between Robert Plant and Arsenal. The tent wasnt packed though so Im not sure its gonna be Barn headliner this time. 

2 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

They subbed the Barn in 2014, played between Robert Plant and Arsenal. The tent wasnt packed though so Im not sure its gonna be Barn headliner this time. 

Definitely no Barn headliner. I do expect them to return, so Barn sub will have to do I guess.