Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

1 hour ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Pretty happy with this announcement aswell... I haven't listened to The Kills or Kaleo before but I was instantly sold. I don't feel like there will be many more rock acts announced.... but correct me if I am wrong. I think that they are going to pad out the Klub C and Barn lineups now.

I really hope they announce The Killers and/or Kasabian.... Are The xx/Biffy likely seems like they fit into so many other lineups.

They seem to be giving a big act in every announcement... the dance acts aren't really my thing but Lorde, Royal Blood, Prophets of Rage etc. Are big names so as long as they keep coming I won't complain! 

We're upto 27 acts now, and according to everyone it's 75-80 in total so to be a third of the way through and already be worth the ticket price I'm very happy! 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

They seem to be giving a big act in every announcement... the dance acts aren't really my thing but Lorde, Royal Blood, Prophets of Rage etc. Are big names so as long as they keep coming I won't complain! 

We're upto 27 acts now, and according to everyone it's 75-80 in total so to be a third of the way through and already be worth the ticket price I'm very happy! 

Absolutely.... it really blows me away how they can keep arranging such good acts..... I am not so much a dance enthusiast either, but I watched chemical brothers at RW15 and had a great time. I'm not a huge fan of chainsmokers but I am probably going to drink and have fun, not take things too seriously. 

Wow I can't believe there are still so many bands still to be announced.... I guess it was worth those couple of empty weeks without announcements. 

2 hours ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Absolutely.... it really blows me away how they can keep arranging such good acts..... I am not so much a dance enthusiast either, but I watched chemical brothers at RW15 and had a great time. I'm not a huge fan of chainsmokers but I am probably going to drink and have fun, not take things too seriously. 

Wow I can't believe there are still so many bands still to be announced.... I guess it was worth those couple of empty weeks without announcements. 

Because Belgium is one of the countries where acts that are bigger over here haven't made it so much over there so aren't going to be booked above the size they are, whereas acts that are playing here like 5th down main stages, even 3rd down some 2nd stages are topping over there as they are huge.

KOL for example have never done more than co-headline there I don't believe whereas in the states obviously and here they blew up massively.

7 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

It's a very very strong line up this year. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good one though. All about personal taste.

I agree. While RW has the 3 headliners I like to see the most  from what's around this year,  the undercard is not my thing yet.  Mad Cool's undercard is way better right now for my taste, but there are so many acts to be announced so Im not worried. 

3 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I agree. While RW has the 3 headliners I like to see the most  from what's around this year,  the undercard is not my thing yet.  Mad Cool's undercard is way better right now for my taste, but there are so many acts to be announced so Im not worried. 

I'm going to both! Best of both worlds! Hahaha

19 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I'm going to both! Best of both worlds! Hahaha

You will have to do a little review, I am after a new european fest to do next year. I have done werchter, pukkelpop, sziget, primavera and roskilde so a new one is a must next year. I have already pencilled in roskilde next year, so a new one would be cool as nothing has really appealed so far.

17 minutes ago, thetime said:

You will have to do a little review, I am after a new european fest to do next year. I have done werchter, pukkelpop, sziget, primavera and roskilde so a new one is a must next year. I have already pencilled in roskilde next year, so a new one would be cool as nothing has really appealed so far.

I'll be sure to keep you posted ;)

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Presume werchter is your best?, I have never found enough at Roskilde although it came close one year....Danish currency is pricey though I believe, Prima just not me and Sziget used to be but veers away from my tastes over the last couple of years I think mostly. Puckelpop also used to be but feels like the money isn't there to spend now or they fall victim to Werchter as the acts prefer early summer.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Presume werchter is your best?, I have never found enough at Roskilde although it came close one year....Danish currency is pricey though I believe, Prima just not me and Sziget used to be but veers away from my tastes over the last couple of years I think mostly. Puckelpop also used to be but feels like the money isn't there to spend now or they fall victim to Werchter as the acts prefer early summer.

Werchter my best? For lineup yes, as a festival experience no. Comparing werchter to roskilde/sziget is like comparing reading to glastonbury. Werchter has the most solid lineups, also the most convenient with ease to get to and dates. 

I would put sziget my fave, due to atmosphere/experience/weather/price etc etc. Before I went to sziget I heard peole saying its glastonbury with hot weather I was like yeah yeah yeah, it really is a magical place though. Roskilde is pretty much the same except the weather is hit and miss, again its a magical place. What I do like about sziget/roskilde is they go one for 7+ days and as a result people are very chilled out.

Yes roskilde for beer is pretty expensive, sziget is very cheap. Then again where I live getting to budapest is more expensive than getting to copenhagen. Flights more expensive and I have to get to heathrow, where for roskilde I can fly from birmingham.

28 minutes ago, thetime said:

Werchter my best? For lineup yes, as a festival experience no. Comparing werchter to roskilde/sziget is like comparing reading to glastonbury. Werchter has the most solid lineups, also the most convenient with ease to get to and dates. 

I would put sziget my fave, due to atmosphere/experience/weather/price etc etc. Before I went to sziget I heard peole saying its glastonbury with hot weather I was like yeah yeah yeah, it really is a magical place though. Roskilde is pretty much the same except the weather is hit and miss, again its a magical place. What I do like about sziget/roskilde is they go one for 7+ days and as a result people are very chilled out.

Yes roskilde for beer is pretty expensive, sziget is very cheap. Then again where I live getting to budapest is more expensive than getting to copenhagen. Flights more expensive and I have to get to heathrow, where for roskilde I can fly from birmingham.

Hasn't Sziget gone down hill a bit recently though?, do they ever post the day run of their website as on here it never seems to be updated, just has a lot on unknown days? Not sure I could do 7 days camping as I'm reluctantly doing it at Glasto this year as it is. What's showering like?, do people do it a lot more there than here?

I do remember you saying that if you want purely music that you like to listen to then Werchter but if not there isn't much else.

I can get to Heathrow pretty easily, hour on the train for me then tube straight through just under an hour. Werchter does sound easy to get to.

Edited by thewayiam

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Hasn't Sziget gone down hill a bit recently though?, do they ever post the day run of their website as on here it never seems to be updated, just has a lot on unknown days? Not sure I could do 7 days camping as I'm reluctantly doing it at Glasto this year as it is. What's showering like?, do people do it a lot more there than here?

I do remember you saying that if you want purely music that you like to listen to then Werchter but if not there isn't much else.

Sziget gone downhill? Lineup wise perhaps it has, as a festival experience I would say it gets better every year I go. It reminds of glastonbury in the 90s before it got to PC. It is hard going especially in the heat, although we are undecided this year if we are camping or hotel. If we camp it will be for 9 days, which will be brutal if its a hot one.

Errrr people shower there, there are different types of camping you can do like vip(extra showers,swimming pool).

Werchter has changed last couple of years, an extra stage and more to do after the bands like the hive camping area. Although the bands go on until 1am/2am so im usually done in by then and one needs his sleep.

18 minutes ago, thetime said:

Sziget gone downhill? Lineup wise perhaps it has, as a festival experience I would say it gets better every year I go. It reminds of glastonbury in the 90s before it got to PC. It is hard going especially in the heat, although we are undecided this year if we are camping or hotel. If we camp it will be for 9 days, which will be brutal if its a hot one.

Errrr people shower there, there are different types of camping you can do like vip(extra showers,swimming pool).

Werchter has changed last couple of years, an extra stage and more to do after the bands like the hive camping area. Although the bands go on until 1am/2am so im usually done in by then and one needs his sleep.

That's fair! I wasn't old enough for Glasto in the 90's haha. Yeah I can't do that now.

There is a lake as Roskilde you can go to?, yeah 9 days I'd have to shower, wet wipes wouldn't do.

Yes only had main and marquee before, I thought the hive was just a camping area you have to pay extra for that was closer and chilled? Comedians tent would be good.

Only other one's that interest me are RAR and Nova. Werchter got very wet this year I read?, do you take your tent with you?

1 hour ago, thetime said:

...although we are undecided this year if we are camping or hotel. If we camp it will be for 9 days, which will be brutal if its a hot one.

I'm too old for camping. I need a good night sleep, a good f*ck, shower and to take a shit....not necessarily in that order though.... :P 

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Have you been to Open´er in Poland?

30 minutes ago, carlosd said:

I hadn't heard about Benjamin Clementine until now, with the announcement. I am blown up. He is amazing! this is one of the things I love about festivals, I keep discovering new awesome bands every year.

Havent listened to any of hom yet but agree totally already found a few gems im looking forward to watching 

13 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Michael Kiwanuka and George Ezra for Open'er...Would be great adds for Rock Werchter !! Kiwanuka's new album is something... And George Ezra is perfect for a sunny afternoon !

Im hoping a few more recognisable faces on this weeks announcements ... ezra london g bastille ... any smaller acts to add some strength to the lineup 

BC isn't my kind of thing but he does have a fine voice. I never realised he won Mercury Music Prize in 2015 until I researched him.  

Still hoping for Frank Turner and Frank Carter to be announced. Some Franz Ferdinand as well would be nice

28 minutes ago, grumpykrogan said:

+1 for Michael Kiwanuka! He would do great in a tent in the afternoon. Him + A Tribe Called Quest would make my day this Friday <3 What are the chances of Solange and Frank Ocean? 

Agreed about Benjamin Clementine, omg his voice is insane. Will surely watch him! 

Benjamin Clementine is for sure a nice addition to this. Glad to see that so many people like him.

What do you think about X Ambassadors?