Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday is looking stacked. Assuming Lorde is barn headliner. Does that mean she will clash with the dance closer on main? Would be weird if she clashed with Arcade Fire and I'd be a bit gutted.

Very happy POR, Crystal Fighters and the Kills have been added.

Edited by SOAD

45 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Am I the only one who thinks the line up isn't that good? 

Nope, I don't think it's as good as people are suggesting, I think it helps that last years was shite for a lot on here. That announcement for me had nothing I'd majorly bother with myself. Thursday has two acts I'd make a point to see, Friday doesn't have any....really poor day, Saturday has the main 3, Sunday has one but a couple I would take notice of. I can't help but think if you take of those main one's away from Saturday the lineup suddenly looks way weaker. I still think Nova has the edge for summer lineups.

Also, Alt-J are pretty much going to sub, I think people are hoping a bit much that that won't happen.

55 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Also, is someone gonna start to build a clashfinder soon? I'd do it myself but ive never been.

on it, but it's so hard.. I don't even know anymore what to expect on Sunday.. Chances are on Bastille, The Weeknd and The Killers. Before the announcement, I put Prophets Of Rage up as 3th down on Sunday but now that they're possibly 4th down on Thursday, I don't know anymore :P 

Also for Friday is still a big ass question. I don't see Oscar & The Wolf subbing, because who else would they put against Radiohead that'd draw a big crowd to their tent? James Blake is way to small to sub (I mean just look at Thursday..) So I'm guessing we're gonna get Kasabian, thing is they're not that big anymore in Belgium though they are in other countries (UK etc).. Tourwise, even The xx still makes a chance

It's even guessing if we're gonna get a dance-closer on Thursday with those 4 big names already on the line up, and I don't see Prophets of Rage playing at 4 o'clock ..

http://clashfinder.com/s/rw2017/

Edited by arcuse

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Nope, I don't think it's as good as people are suggesting, I think it helps that last years was shite for a lot on here. That announcement for me had nothing I'd majorly bother with myself. Thursday has two acts I'd make a point to see, Friday doesn't have any....really poor day, Saturday has the main 3, Sunday has one but a couple I would take notice of. I can't help but think if you take of those main one's away from Saturday the lineup suddenly looks way weaker. I still think Nova has the edge for summer lineups.

Also, Alt-J are pretty much going to sub, I think people are hoping a bit much that that won't happen.

I must say i totally disagree. Friday looks really solid to me. Radiohead, Royal Blood, and Kaleo already make it worth the whole day. I believe you just need to give the other bands a chance. i saw Bazart last year and they were absolutely amazing, they just wiped competition in this years music awards in Belgium.  Oscar and the Wolf might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I personally like it a lot, it is the perfect music as background for sexy times. 

Thursday...well, Arcade Fire, kings of Leon and POR are just super appealing to me.

I do agree though, that Sunday would look a lot weaker without the Foos and Alt-J, but, half of the line up is missing so I expect it to get just as strong as the other days.

14 minutes ago, carlosd said:

I must say i totally disagree. Friday looks really solid to me. Radiohead, Royal Blood, and Kaleo already make it worth the whole day. I believe you just need to give the other bands a chance. i saw Bazart last year and they were absolutely amazing, they just wiped competition in this years music awards in Belgium.  Oscar and the Wolf might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I personally like it a lot, it is the perfect music as background for sexy times. 

Thursday...well, Arcade Fire, kings of Leon and POR are just super appealing to me.

I do agree though, that Sunday would look a lot weaker without the Foos and Alt-J, but, half of the line up is missing so I expect it to get just as strong as the other days.

That's where tastes come into it though, I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it doesn't have the appeal for me that it does for others but a lot were sold as soon as Radiohead were announced whereas I'm not bothered.  See AF I saw and I'm okay with, KOL no need for me anymore and POR I'd maybe watch but the last I saw of them trying to perform killing in the name it hurt to listen, but then I'm not a fan of either of the 3 bands than the members consist of.

59 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

People are just excited at a festival they are attending. Remember few years ago you said titp was one of the best in the world? Some poll conducted over seas or something like that.

No headliner missing... maybe a sub, but we don't know that for sure.

I guess you guys should settle for the chainsmokers as dance closers. I don't find any reason why they wouldn't be in that spot, as they have been announced separately and they are a big enough name to attract a bigger crowd than the tents offer. After all, how big can that Thursday be, it's already huge in terms of size and quality of names...

2 hours ago, SOAD said:

Thursday is looking stacked. Assuming Lorde is barn headliner. Does that mean she will clash with the dance closer on main? Would be weird if she clashed with Arcade Fire and I'd be a bit gutted.

Very happy POR, Crystal Fighters and the Kills have been added.

What's to say that Imagine Dragons aren't headlining a tent? Also AF clashing with Lorde is great news as AF suck ass

1 hour ago, carlosd said:

can tell you never get any with a comment like 'it is the perfect music as background for sexy times'

1 hour ago, thetime said:

People are just excited at a festival they are attending. Remember few years ago you said titp was one of the best in the world? Some poll conducted over seas or something like that.

I'm not knocking them for that. I'm fairly sure the comment for TITP was based on atmosphere etc at the fest, and to be honest back then there isn't many on here that were previous T attendees that would disagree with that.

1 hour ago, BiscuitBandit said:

On the posters both foos and radiohead have a space next to them unlike the other two days with their subs. So are there still two subs to be announced or is that reading too much into it?

If there are 2 names on the top line, it doesn't mean it's the headliner and the sub. It means those 2 names are co-headlining (KOL and Arcade Fire, System Of A Down and Linkin Park), Radiohead and Foo Fighters are big enough to headline on their own :)

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

What's to say that Imagine Dragons aren't headlining a tent? Also AF clashing with Lorde is great news as AF suck ass

can tell you never get any with a comment like 'it is the perfect music as background for sexy times'

Remember when this forum used to be a super positive place with nobody throwing cheap shots at people? A bit ironic that you have a go at people for hating on The Chainsmokers and not being open minded enough, but you say bands "suck ass" that you yourself said you'd never listened to a month ago. 

Just try to keep putting positive vibes out mate. This forum isn't a place for taking the piss of other users

5 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Remember when this forum used to be a super positive place with nobody throwing cheap shots at people? A bit ironic that you have a go at people for hating on The Chainsmokers and not being open minded enough, but you say bands "suck ass" that you yourself said you'd never listened to a month ago. 

Just try to keep putting positive vibes out mate. This forum isn't a place for taking the piss of other users

+1

36 minutes ago, McCallion said:

However much I'd love the killers I think they're getting less and less likely. Maybe Kasabian and Biffy are good punt sfor subs on Sunday? 

Biffy aren't subs in Belgium (or almost anywhere outside UK) 

Also bought tickets for Werchter. Decided it's worth the money. Tried to get for Hellfest but keep failing last 2 months so went with this :D 

Edited by Nicklord

39 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Trust me I'm the most open minded person here regards music ... but when an artist gets so much hype it often isnt warranted ... case and point AF. End of.

You say the hype Arcade Fire gets isn't warranted, have you seen them live? I wasn't really into their music until I saw them at Rock Werchter in 2010, one of the best shows I've ever seen...

But you're entiteled to your opinion, no worries....but don't expect us to agree with you and your negativity!