Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

24 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I kind of hope the Chainsmokers do get announced if they are looking likely, the reason being that I would definitely not be going to see them and it would free up what could be a potentially devastating clash for me if they keep announcing names of this calibre and the Chainsmokers play a late slot.

Cant see it though as if RW is for an 'older' crowd they are for wee kids

So much generalisation on this group by people who don't give music a chance ... how can you say they're for kids? Because they weren't formed in the 90's/early 2000's and don play rock music?? 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I want to spread the love and positive vibration on this forum ! So let's enjoy Arcade Fire before they arrive at Rock Werchter :) ! Put your headphones ! (and yes The Chainsmokers are really possible, even not as dance act, maybe Klub C in the night, why not during Foo Fighters for exemple, many slots possible)  

38 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

So much generalisation on this group by people who don't give music a chance ... how can you say they're for kids? Because they weren't formed in the 90's/early 2000's and don play rock music?? 

Just gave a few Chainsmokers songs a listen. I have to say, it's boring as hell...I hope they stay away or play in the Klub C if they come....

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Hi I want to spread the love and positive vibration on this forum ! So let's enjoy Arcade Fire before they arrive at Rock Werchter :) ! Put your headphones ! 

Amazing band and one of the best live bands on the circuit, certainly headliner wise.

Plenty of rhythm and fun at an arcade fire gig. Radiohead and arcade fire is what sold werchter for me this year.

Edited by thetime

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Amazing band and one of the best live bands on the circuit, certainly headliner wise.

Plenty of rhythm and fun at an arcade fire gig. Radiohead and arcade fire is what sold werchter for me this year.

LP, Blink and SOAD is what sold it for everyone else ;). In all seriousness I'm considering giving it a go next year as it sounds like one of the easiest one's to get to in Europe and chilled enough that I may be able to sleep when I want to. I'd have only bothered for Saturday so far this year if I'm honest.

Do you think the lineup has an affect whether compared to when Glastonbury is on or off?

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Do you think the lineup has an affect whether compared to when Glastonbury is on or off?

Not at all, 2012 was a great year. You might get the odd act not coming over, but there's so many big festivals June/July now in Europe. A fallow Glastonbury year isn't going to have a big impact.

Edited by thetime

I was there at Reading 2010 watching that song... and that youtube video brought all the memories back!!!! How can this god awful sound be any kind of music... just because you get your family involved to bang a few more drums, play some more instruments and drone some terrible vocals does not make it good. 

I'm pretty sure most people will be going for the stella Saturday lineup and the consistently brilliant acts booked by rock werchter in general. Cannot wait for the announcements this week. Lets get a few more bangers in Slaves, Prophets of Rage or an interesting dance act. 

10 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

I was there at Reading 2010 watching that song... and that youtube video brought all the memories back!!!! How can this god awful sound be any kind of music... just because you get your family involved to bang a few more drums, play some more instruments and drone some terrible vocals does not make it good. 

I'm pretty sure most people will be going for the stella Saturday lineup and the consistently brilliant acts booked by rock werchter in general. Cannot wait for the announcements this week. Lets get a few more bangers in Slaves, Prophets of Rage or an interesting dance act. 

Well said @TheWerchterJuggernaut these people must go to festivals to either sleep or cry liking bands like arcade fire .. so dull I want a bit of energy not mum playing the guitar while dad is bashing the drum and sis is strumming the harp (no pun intended) bring on this weeks announcements and hopefully less music discrimination against bands people have nevery given a chance to before thy judge because their music is played on R1 ...

3 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Well said @TheWerchterJuggernaut these people must go to festivals to either sleep or cry liking bands like arcade fire .. so dull I want a bit of energy not mum playing the guitar while dad is bashing the drum and sis is strumming the harp (no pun intended) bring on this weeks announcements and hopefully less music discrimination against bands people have nevery given a chance to before thy judge because their music is played on R1 ...

You are a weird one.

6 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Nothing reliable but I'd love to see something like Biffy Clyro, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Slaves, Royal Republic and Cabbage

Catfish and the bottlemen were fantastic in the barn at RW15 and I reckon it time for the slaves to visit..... I am wondering what budget RW are likely to have as I really want anther established act like Biffy Clyro, The Killers or.....dare I say it Jamiroquai. 

When you come to spread the love with a festival anthem... and finally you get this... :(

2 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Gonna give a second try, no bad vibration / saying allowed... Let's hope Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls (yes Reading 2010 again) ! ;)

14 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

When you come to spread the love with a festival anthem... and finally you get this... :(

Gonna give a second try, no bad vibration / saying allowed... Let's hope Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls (yes Reading 2010 again) ! ;)

I've seen frank in so many different sorts of venues and he gets better every time! A class act