Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Saturday tickets selling out...

Rock Werchter listening to blink-182.
Just now · 

Staff announcement: we're running low on one day tickets for Saturday 1 July. If you want to join us just on Saturday, for performances by Linkin Park, System of a Down, blink-182 and many more, the time to decide is here! All other tickets are still available. Get your tickets now on http://po.st/RW17_en #RW17

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Saturday tickets selling out...

Rock Werchter listening to blink-182.
Just now · 

Staff announcement: we're running low on one day tickets for Saturday 1 July. If you want to join us just on Saturday, for performances by Linkin Park, System of a Down, blink-182 and many more, the time to decide is here! All other tickets are still available. Get your tickets now on http://po.st/RW17_en #RW17

Will this impact the ability to buy the combi tickets including the Saturday, or are there separate allocations of each day for single and combi tickets? 

Getting nervous now with it being two days until we buy tickets! 

12 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Will this impact the ability to buy the combi tickets including the Saturday, or are there separate allocations of each day for single and combi tickets? 

If I remember correctly,  there are 20500 daily tickets (for each day)  and 67500 combi tickets. 

There's no need to worry for combi tickets right now. 

Edit: That also explains why RW didnt add any artist to this day last Friday. 

Edited by e2p2

12 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Combis(weekend) are sesperate to day tickets, so won't matter.

Surprised sat is selling faster than Foo Fighters and radiohead days.

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

Combis(weekend) are sesperate to day tickets, so won't matter.

Surprised sat is selling faster than Foo Fighters and radiohead days.

Dont forget Saturday has its biggest artists known for a long time now. I believe Radiohead day ticket's alert isnt  far away. 

Saturday is the easiest to sell (out) because the most of the day-tourists don't have to take a day off from work and can "recover" on sunday. A lot of people always buy a saturday-ticket just to enjoy the music, the great atmosphere and have a good time with friends. This doesn't have an impact on combi-tickets selling out (fast). 

7 hours ago, Furious-Red said:

Is there any places near to stay if you did not want to camp?

@Furious-Red

You can stay in Leuven (hotels, hostels,..). That would be the easiest option if you don't wantto camp. Busses go from and to Leuven-Werchter especially for the festivalpeople. It's a 5 minutes walk from the busstop to the festivalsite. But...don't wait too long (any longer) to book something in Leuven because it's a common and well-known option amongst the festivalvisitors.

Edited by DaveRSV4

15 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Another two festivals for Kasabian, R&L and Metronome in Prague the weekend before RW... I think this is now 5 or 6 fests this week. 

Would certainly fit into their schedule and make sense to think they might announce more tomorrow? 

I'm not too bothered about whether they play RW or PP since I'm going to both this year but I can personally see them playing at PP instead.

How big are Kasabian in Europe? As they are huge in the UK.

12 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I'm not too bothered about whether they play RW or PP since I'm going to both this year but I can personally see them playing at PP instead.

I saw they sub headlined RW for Muse in 2015 so it's not the slot that would be the issue, but that might be too early a return? 

Really hoping for a big name to lead the announcements tomorrow, given I'll have bought our tickets a few hours before!

Edited by alexlloyd

16 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I saw they sub headlined RW for Muse in 2015 so it's not the slot that would be the issue, but that might be too early a return? 

Really hoping for a big name to lead the announcements tomorrow, given I'll have bought our tickets a few hours before!

Edited by alexlloyd

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

I saw they sub headlined RW for Muse in 2015 so it's not the slot that would be the issue, but that might be too early a return? 

There's no such thing 'too early return' for RW (see Florence and the Machine last year) but I do remember that local guys and regulars at Werchter didnt understand how a band who played fifth down in 2012 goes to a sub status in 2015 without being bigger or more popular in Belgium with that one album they released in between. 

Edited by e2p2

4 hours ago, DaveRSV4 said:

@Furious-Red

You can stay in Leuven (hotels, hostels,..). That would be the easiest option if you don't wantto camp. Busses go from and to Leuven-Werchter especially for the festivalpeople. It's a 5 minutes walk from the busstop to the festivalsite. But...don't wait too long (any longer) to book something in Leuven because it's a common and well-known option amongst the festivalvisitors.

Cheers thanks for that , How late to the buses go to Leuven after the festival is over?

27 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Kasabian is in my opinion one of many highly overrated British bands. I'm not saying their bad, It's just a afternoon band in my opinion, not a sub headliner.....same with the xx

I disagree. Saw them sub for Muse in RW15 and they were amazing. the crowd was super hyped. I would not mind having them again subbing the Foos.

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

Kasabian is in my opinion one of many highly overrated British bands. I'm not saying their bad, It's just a afternoon band in my opinion, not a sub headliner.....same with the xx

Agreed re xx ... kasabian are massive they can sell out stadiums so they are more than a sub 

1 hour ago, carlosd said:

I disagree. Saw them sub for Muse in RW15 and they were amazing. the crowd was super hyped. I would not mind having them again subbing the Foos.

That is correct dude everyone wentry mental .. there were some sad acts who probably thought it was too noisey or too many pits.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Leicester isn't in the North.

Yes it is ... Northern accents = nnorth duhhh

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Kasabian are the luckiest band on the planet, they're dire.

I'm sorry they aren't just a quiet indie band with no substance ... I assume your more a fan of the vaccines,  maccabbees and arcade fire?? No passion in their music