Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

It's particularly hard to predict this year, as there are quite a lot of international potential Barn headliners or main stage subs on tour who would fit perfectly at RW. So if Bazart (also there in 2016) and Oscar & Wolf (also there in 2015) will appear is no certainty to me. On the other hand, they have gigantic headliners lined up already, so probably wouldn't mind a few less expensive, but domestically huge, Barn headliners and/or subs. 

Edited by visdave34

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume Frank Ocean would demand nothing less than a Barn headline spot. Question is if RW are willing to grant him that slot, with all the other options touring that period. I personally don't think so (but wouldn't be wrong for the first time either)... Bon Iver is also a special case. Being booked by Primavera, but I also expect them to be present at Eaux Claires in the US (6/16-6/17) and are already booked in Minneapolis on 7/22. Don't think they'll return to Europe in between, but you never know if plans have changed since the cancellation of the January/February European tour.

Edited by visdave34

44 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

I assume Frank Ocean would demand nothing less than a Barn headline spot. Question is if RW are willing to grant him that slot, with all the other options touring that period. I personally don't think so (but wouldn't be wrong for the first time either)... Bon Iver is also a special case. Being booked by Primavera, but I also expect them to be present at Eaux Claires in the US (6/16-6/17) and are already booked in Minneapolis on 7/22. Don't think they'll return to Europe in between, but you never know if plans have changed since the cancellation of the January/February European tour.

I would of thought bon iver would be in Europe around werchter dates. Especially with the likes of Glastonbury, roskilde, werchter all around the same time.

Or perhaps he will be in Europe late summer.

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

Bon Iver or Frank Ocean would be the jackpot for barn headliners, but would both be considered too big for that slot?

Tame Impala were last year and I don't see them bigger as Tame Impala (or Beck) .. With the cancellation of his whole EU tour (and the confirmation that there won't be new dates or something) It'd be very strange no to come to Europe around Glastonbury. Frank's a strange case, I don't think he likes long tours. He even cancelled a whole lot of his dates in his last I think but I can't remember where/when that was. I don't think Frank will be at Glastonbury (bc of the slot the choice they have and he would end up lower than he wishes and I think same thing would go for RW). Though I expect some mainstream acts in the Barn when Radiohead & Arcade Fire are playing bc they attract a kind of alternative crowd (even though they're v popular)

Hey! I'm new to the forum (as a member, I mean, I've been browsing it since my first time at RW in 2014), and I LOVE speculation, so, could anybody tell me what are their predictions on the chances of this bands being on the final line-up? 

Sigur Rós, Brand New, Warpaint, Wild Beasts, American Football, Ben Howard, Modest Mouse. 

I'd kill to see any of them!

Edited by nybatteri
Misspelling

I know Sigur Ros does some American festivals in May and June, so I'm hoping they come back to Europe after those! 

Warpaint is the most likely of your list to come, with several other European festivals already confirmed and an open spot on the schedule for Werchter. Wild Beasts also confirmed for other festivals, but I feel they're a bit too alternative for RW. Feel the same about American Football.

The others have no tour news yet or I just didn't come across the news. 

Edited by visdave34

16 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Bon Iver or Frank Ocean would be the jackpot for barn headliners, but would both be considered too big for that slot?

Frank Ocean didn't go that well in 2013 as Barn headliner. The tent was far from full. Bon Iver should be a great success imo. 

11 hours ago, visdave34 said:

I know Sigur Ros does some American festivals in May and June, so I'm hoping they come back to Europe after those! 

Warpaint is the most likely of your list to come, with several other European festivals already confirmed and an open spot on the schedule for Werchter. Wild Beasts also confirmed for other festivals, but I feel they're a bit too alternative for RW. Feel the same about American Football.

The others have no tour news yet or I just didn't come across the news. 

Thank you so much! I really hope you're right about Sigur Rós and Warpaint, that'd be so amazing. 

5 hours ago, nybatteri said:

Thank you so much! I really hope you're right about Sigur Rós and Warpaint, that'd be so amazing. 

Well, Warpaint seems damn near certain, Sigur Ros is more hope than expectation... Been way too long since I last saw them. Their North American tour comprises mainly of intimate theater shows though, so chances are they will continue doing so in Europe later this year (https://sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/).

We can only wait and see!

59 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is hive camping ?

Hive camping is a specific campsite where you pay a little more to camp in.  It has entertainment, showers you can pay for and is a great place to camp.   It's about 10-15 min walk to main arena.

Hive Resort was new last year and is across the main road from the Hive.  It has Tipis, army tents etc and whilst it looks quite expensive, it's not bad when there's a few of you looking for a little more comfort. 

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Hive camping is a specific campsite where you pay a little more to camp in.  It has entertainment, showers you can pay for and is a great place to camp.   It's about 10-15 min walk to main arena.

Hive Resort was new last year and is across the main road from the Hive.  It has Tipis, army tents etc and whilst it looks quite expensive, it's not bad when there's a few of you looking for a little more comfort. 

I'm also looking at Hive, it seems the only one for sale at the minute anyway but for the price I think we're going for it.

You say it's 15 minute walk to the main arena, how far a walk is the standard campsite? 

I take it you would recommend Hive rather than the standard camping? I believe it was only 27 euros so if it's nicer to camp in it's a no brainier really. 

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

There's general camping closer to arena entrance. I've only stayed in hive and the resort so can't comment on general. Hive camping was excellent and if i wasn't going to the resort again , I'd have booked Hive

Can you tell me your experience at hive resort please? Was it good? 

16 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Can you tell me your experience at hive resort please? Was it good? 

Loved it. Had a tipi last year. Very nice place to stay with plenty space, free showers, nice bar, wristband for festival available on the weds. For what we paid individually I felt it was decent value. Tipis were pretty roomy and we never felt cramped.  If there's a few of you to share costs it's really good. If you're paying around 600 for the tent thing for 2, it's maybe not quite the same value.

We've booked a tipi again this year.

Edited by Red Day

Not seeing the mention of catfish and the bottlemen any where, they have a break in there tour between late may and the start of August before they start touring with green day.  they haven't played here since the new record dropped either, not sure of there popularity in Belgium so they could fill one of the lower slots? just an idea