Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

I don't know any of these exept for Belle and Sebastian and that's not really my cup of tea.....

i would strongly advice to check out Spoon. they are fantastic. Kurt Vile also has some very good tunes :)
if Spoon were to be announced to RW id be ecstatic 

41 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Now that Elbow and the XX were announced for Lowlands and other festivals in August, there is a good chance they will rather play at Pukkelpop. I thought one of them will sub Radiohead. 

They're both British bands so its a lot More likely for them to be in Europe for the whole of summer 

23 hours ago, foolee said:

I used to really dislike him and then I saw him live, he's such a good performer and he loves playing his guitar and getting the crowd going. There are many worse acts and you could be converted if he ends up playing! 

Maybe. He does irritate me a little. I would hope for something different, although for a pop act it could be worse I guess. 

11 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Tomorrow first anouncements for Cactus Festival. In past years they had acts like Massive Attack, Grace Jones, Wilco, Damien Rice, Air, Afghan Whigs, ... headling, and they claim that tomorrow's names are equally strong.

Kaiser Chiefs, Goose, Explosions in the Sky and Jamie Lidell & the Royal Pharaohs 

4 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

if the killers are doing bbk live, they surely are a possibility for the last 2 headliners spots, right?

The question is what is the size of The Killers in Belgium. If they're sub headliner size they might fit.  There are no real headliner spot left,  only if RW decide to have another co-headliner though I dont think either Foo's or Radiohead need it in order to sell out their day. 

yes, you're right, i was referring to the sub spot rather than headline. probably, if last year macklemore and ryan lewis or disclosure were good enough for the sub spot they don't need another strong band for those two days.

I might be wrong, because i don't know exactly how big is every band in belgium, but blink-182 or imagine dragons should sell more than some of the last year's subs.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

They indeed never reached more than sub status in Belgium,so I see no issue in adding them on Sunday to sub FF.

How many acts with headliner status (in other countries) can you fit in 4 days?

That's a good question. Just for Saturday we already have three :P