Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

36 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I'm going to give them another chance - they just seem so flat and withot substance ... perhaps another listen will change my decision ! 

I felt the same way when I first heard em. Give "Neon Bible" a couple of plays through :) Even if you don't like their music all that much, they put on a pretty spectacular show! Or just watch them here with Bowie. (I'll give Imagine Dragons another spin too! Haha) 

Edited by McCallion

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, heti said:

I want nothing from this line-up. Foals should take a hiatus cause they're everytime everywhere, Phoenix are utter shit from what I remember from last RW experience and the rest I couldn't care less. 

Yeah agreed ... thank God the maccabes have split ... its enough to make you want to throw yourself off a tall building 

10 hours ago, Dietediet said:

MØ is a certainty after pulling out last year. And Phoenix is very likely as well: they did Dour not so long ago and Les Ardentes already has its non-hiphop/rnb headliner. The others will be at other festivals than RW.

Where would Phoenix play? Last time they subbed KoL/Blur and although I love them very much I remember the feeling that no one around me really cares about whats happening on stage. Do they have the appeal of Barn headliner or would they sub/play third on main before Radiohead or FF? 

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

There are worse pop acts, he knows how to move a crowd... I'd prefer having him than the Weeknd..

6 hours ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

So I see Ed Sheehan will have a new album out soon.... :(

Seems inevitable. 

I used to really dislike him and then I saw him live, he's such a good performer and he loves playing his guitar and getting the crowd going. There are many worse acts and you could be converted if he ends up playing! 

52 minutes ago, foolee said:

I used to really dislike him and then I saw him live, he's such a good performer and he loves playing his guitar and getting the crowd going. There are many worse acts and you could be converted if he ends up playing! 

Agreed - saw him at Glastonbury and he nailed it, imagine he would sub? Possibly for Foo Fighters?

51 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

What a great undercard Mad Cool have! I hope for: Ryan Adams, Spoon, Wilco, Belle and Sebastian, Wolf Alice,  Kurt Vile,  Dinosaur Jr., Royksopp and Xavier Rudd. 

I don't know any of these exept for Belle and Sebastian and that's not really my cup of tea.....

17 hours ago, foolee said:

This! I'd love for him to play. Wasn't that fussed by him till I saw him at radio one big weekend one year and he smashed it.