Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, raccamme said:

does this new clashfinder seems relistic to you ?? http:///s/rw2017/

Biffy & Phoenix from Friday played Main Stage before, same goes with White Lies....surely some of those bands will show up. I'm hoping for Jimmy Eat World, Liam Gallagher, The War on Drugs, Lumineers, Pixies, Frank Turner and The Kills :)

4 hours ago, raccamme said:

Biffy and White Lies are way too low. Passenger too IMHO.

Elbow clashing with Radiohead is awful. I'm waiting for their new album and would love to see them again (their single is awesome btw) but, at the same time as Radiohead, it's harsh. 

18 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Am I right in saying that if this sells out you can sell your ticket back to the festival if someone buys it from the waiting list?

Yes that's right, there is a buy/sell booth just outside the Main Arena entrance for weekend and day tickets.

According to their website and Belgian law, you are not allowed to resell your ticket for more than face value on re-sale websites...

• The occasional resale of tickets is allowed if the sale price is not higher than the definitive price that is on the ticket.

How you fully police that is another question.

The only way to get around this properly would be to introduce a personal ID to each ticket, like what Glastonbury does. This would mean there are no Werchter tickets on any re-sale website and you would be forced to get an official refund via the Festival.

28 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Am I right in saying that if this sells out you can sell your ticket back to the festival if someone buys it from the waiting list?

Yeah,  if the specific kind of your ticket is already sold out, you can return it and get the ticket value back except the admission fees. 

8 hours ago, raccamme said:

Hi :) Also, yeah I noticed it, there should be 1x De Staat instead of School Is Cool on Sunday. I was thinking of putting something like Major Lazer next to RH and put Elbow instead of The XX as sub but ya

Biffy and White Lies could only go one place higher in my opinion in the Barn, but not higher. But as you can see, I'm working relatively daily on it :) 

48 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Hi :) Also, yeah I noticed it, there should be 1x De Staat instead of School Is Cool on Sunday. I was thinking of putting something like Major Lazer next to RH and put Elbow instead of The XX as sub but ya

Biffy and White Lies could only go one place higher in my opinion in the Barn, but not higher. But as you can see, I'm working relatively daily on it :) 

Biffy was the fourth act on the main stage in 2014 en White Lies third in the same year. I haven't kept up with White Lies, but Biffy have become headliner in the UK and released another album since. They won't go back to the Barn without headlining or at least subheadlining it

38 minutes ago, Tijn said:

That they are headlining in the UK is not very relevant for most of the continental festivals. Still haven't sold out their show at the Ancienne Belgique in February, so I don't think they get a better spot then last time around. 

It's true they will probably not be higher up the bill. But they won't accept a much lower place. Main stage around 6pm or Barn around 8 I expect. If they are even coming of course

Edited by neontiger8

Don't know what the popularity is of White Lies right now, but they ain't gonna play the same hour again on the mainstage as they did in'14. They might be at the same time in the Barn, yeah. That'd put them on the same hour as Liam Gallagher, Phoenix, Wilco and Van Morrison. The relevance of Phoenix dropped aswell I think, Wilco is v popular in Belgium w 2 direct sold out shows in AB. Liam Gallagher & Van Morrison are special acts so, placed them right there. 

I'd move Biffy to an afternoon slot but they didn't sell out their gig at AB which has 2K cap max so for that reason + There album wasn't that of a succes I think? + Their PKP slot was right before BMTH. And what time did BMTH play this year at RW? 15:50-16:50 which would translate into being Biffy max second starting slot on the mainstage that day