Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

27 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Why are you so certain that we'll have a dance-act closing the Thursday? There has been a dance-act closing the Thursday for the last few years but those years we've only had one headliner. Now we have two I can't see there is time for an act after them. I can't remember where they had co-headlining set AND a dance-act the same night. If AF is only a sub to KoL then I can see it happening, otherwise I think we'll only see a dance-act in the Barn that night.....

...but I have been wrong before so...... :P 

Im ignoring "official" headliner status as RW doesnt always state one but:

2008 had Lenny Kravitz, R.E.M and the Chemical Brothers all play 90 minutes sets.  

2009 had Placebo (90 minutes),  Oasis (90 minutes) and Prodigy (75 minutes).

Last year Ellie Goulding played 90 minutes (although early)  before Sir.  Paul 135 minutes set and Disclosure 75 minutes. 

I think the traditional dance act will keep going on, they can do it easily with giving both headliners 90 minutes and 75 minutes to the dance act who play until 2:30.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellie was not headliner last year, nor was Placebo in 2009. Both acts played before dark. Co-headliner plays at least at some stage in the dark. It gets dark around 10:30 - 11:00. So if the first co-headliner starts at 10, plays until 11:30. The second one starts at 0:15 and plays until 1:45.....I can't see a dance-act playing after that. I hope I'm wrong though.....

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

Ellie was not headliner last year, nor was Placebo in 2009. Both acts played before dark. Co-headliner plays at least at some stage in the dark. It gets dark around 10:30 - 11:00. So if the first co-headliner starts at 10, plays until 11:30. The second one starts at 0:15 and plays until 1:45.....I can't see a dance-act playing after that. I hope I'm wrong though.....

That's not exactly right but how much difference does it make (Indifference reference,  mind you..) ? There's enough time for both to play 90 minutes set and one dance act to close the day.  

Its not that I want a dance act,  Im too tired and old to dance anyway :P. I prefer a decent third-down than have Major Lazer etc. 

7 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

That's not exactly right but how much difference does it make (Indifference reference,  mind you..) ? There's enough time for both to play 90 minutes set and one dance act to close the day.  

Its not that I want a dance act,  Im too tired and old to dance anyway :P. I prefer a decent third-down than have Major Lazer etc. 

What is not exactly right? Placebo played from 20:50 - 22:20. Ellie played from 19:00 - 20-30. Neither act played after dark. We had co-headlining sets for an example in 2011 with Iron Maiden and The Black Eyed Peas (weird, I know ;) ). Maiden played first and their set was from 20:50 - 22:50, witch means they played the last half hour or so after dark. Same in 2013, then we had KoL and Blur. KoL played first and played from 22:00 - 23:35. Then Blur came and played from 00:10 - 02:00.   Do you remember where we had a co-headlining set when the first act didn't play at some point after dark?

What I ment is that the term dark is vague. End of June sunset at Werchter is around 22:00, so technically ending a set at 22:20 is after dark. 

In short, I dont think that if AF will play 20:50 - 22:20 it means that they're subbing while if they'll play 21:20 - 22:50 then  they're headlining. They're headliners anyway. 

2 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

What I ment is that the term dark is vague. End of June sunset at Werchter is around 22:00, so technically ending a set at 22:20 is after dark. 

In short, I dont think that if AF will play 20:50 - 22:20 it means that they're subbing while if they'll play 21:20 - 22:50 then  they're headlining. They're headliners anyway. 

I disagree. It doesn't get dark until around or after 22:30 and I can't remember a headliner playing before that in my 8 times at RW....

54 minutes ago, Gossard said:

c50332c29c3e182d787ca090110a107e.jpg
:):):) 

Yeah,  that's  much better! 

On another note,  what about Pet Shop Boys (Tinderbox) or even Erasure  (Roskilde) as this year's New Order? I need something to do when KoL are on, and both kind of suit before/after Arcade Fire. 

56 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Sorry but alt j will not headline ... they played afternoon in the barn a couple of years back

2013 RW  17:00 - 18:00 (Barn)

2015 RW  20:20 - 21:30 (Barn)

2015 PKP 21:35 - 22:45 (Main) 

Sorry but Alt-J ain't gonna play Barn again after they headlined PKP in 2015..

Sorry but alt j will not headline ... they played afternoon in the barn a couple of years back

54 minutes ago, arcuse said:

2013 RW  17:00 - 18:00 (Barn)

2015 RW  20:20 - 21:30 (Barn)

2015 PKP 21:35 - 22:45 (Main) 

Sorry but Alt-J ain't gonna play Barn again after they headlined PKP in 2015..

Agree they will be on main but they are not a headline act let's be honest ... 2 albums I believe - great act but not rw level to headline - you'd be mad to suggest that.

And I was there in 2015 - they weren't on at 9pm

23 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Agree they will be on main but they are not a headline act let's be honest ... 2 albums I believe - great act but not rw level to headline - you'd be mad to suggest that.

And I was there in 2015 - they weren't on at 9pm

They aren't headliner, of course FF is the Sunday headliner but they will definitely be sub, maybe they will play something like 20h40 - 22h? So FF can play at least 2 hours.

And also... I was there as well and they actually were playing at 9pm. Maybe it didn't feel that late already, but it was :)

Im not so sure about alt-j subbing Foo's. Yes,  they played to a packed tent as Barn-sub in 2015, but they played against nothing in the main stage. I know they are popular but you do need popular acts to play against your bigger headliners. 

There's no doubt that playing in the Barn will suit them much better than playing at daylight in the mainstage, assuming that the Foo's are playing a long set. 

8 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Im not so sure about alt-j subbing Foo's. Yes,  they played to a packed tent as Barn-sub in 2015, but they played against nothing in the main stage. I know they are popular but you do need popular acts to play against your bigger headliners. 

There's no doubt that playing in the Barn will suit them much better than playing at daylight in the mainstage, assuming that the Foo's are playing a long set. 

Nahhh man it was definitely afternoon they played... you're out of line telling such a glorious fib