Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

5 hours ago, undefined said:

Hi guys

A few of us are definitely doing RW this year instead of Glasto, and as it'll be our first time at RW I'd really appreciate some tips. We've all been going to various UK & European festivals for years, so it'd be interesting to hear how RW compares in some of the areas I mention below from anyone who's been. 

We are intending to take a tent and just book a Hive Myspace pitch. Whats the Hive area like generally, in terms of atmosphere, proximity to the stages, after hours entertainment, toilet/shower facilities (latter least important), access to food & alcohol etc.

It's a chill atmosphere with really good area concerning toilets, showers,... There is a party tent in the camping opened until 4am or something I think. For the food and beer, you can use your tokens for the festival in the camping with is quite handful. I think the food is about 4 tickets so it will be around 7 to 10 euros to eat. Beer is 1 ticket. On the festival site, if you collect 20 empty bottles/glasses, you can have a free ticket. I think I never paid to drink at Werchter. And it's mainly beer but I think there are other beverages.

5 hours ago, undefined said:

[EDIT] So if we wanted a beer for breakfast, is that easily obtainable if we don't take our own booze? Should we be taking our own booze?!

We're hoping to just take the Eurostar and then the festival bus, I assume it's generally a fairly simple trip, even with bags/tents/possibly camping chairs? 

I'm guessing wellies should be taken? 

It's always easy to get drinks, don't worry. But there is also a breakfast area where they sell croissants and stuff. I you want to bring your own booze, you can walk from the campsite to the next village while there are some shops.

With the Eurostar, you'll arrive at Bruxelles Midi/Brussel-Zuid station. You'll have to take another train to Leuven (20 or 30 mins I think) and then take the free festival bus. Your train ticket is included in your festival ticket but you'll have to print an actual train ticket on the SNCB website. It's free. You'll receive a code to print it so don't worry. And yes, it's an easy trip. ;)

I never brought wellies, I prefer walking shoes. Better when you're standing all day long. But yeah, we never know about the weather. This year was shit, but in 2015 sun was shining a bit too much for me. :D 

If you have other questions, don't hesitate.

Cheers

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Roskilde and Primavera announcements of the week, I'd take Justice, the Lumineers, Broken Social Scene, Bon Iver, Van Morrison (Glen Hansard's cover this year in the Barn of Astral Weeks was ace), King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard and the Afghan Whigs. I'm very glad to hear the name of the Afghan Whigs because Dave Rosser has been diagnosed with inoperable colon cancer 3 weeks ago, and I was afraid it was the end of the Afghan Whigs, or at least a long pause after the benefits shows. So I hope we'll get them.

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

From Roskilde and Primavera announcements of the week, I'd take Justice, the Lumineers, Broken Social Scene, Bon Iver, Van Morrison (Glen Hansard's cover this year in the Barn of Astral Weeks was ace), King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard and the Afghan Whigs. I'm very glad to hear the name of the Afghan Whigs because Dave Rosser has been diagnosed with inoperable colon cancer 3 weeks ago, and I was afraid it was the end of the Afghan Whigs, or at least a long pause after the benefits shows. So I hope we'll get them.

Ohh, The Lumineers.. I woke up this morning singin' them. Bon Iver = <3 but I'd also go for Bear's Den even though I guess they won't have them if they already did this year.

36 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Ahh okay fair enough.

Are Prophets of Rage looking like playing Werchter as opposed to Graspop, then? If so then yeah I could see them being announced tomorrow.

To play Graspop they would have to play 4 days in a row so I think they are very likely for RW.