Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, mln said:

Are there any chances and rumors that Soundgarden will tour in Europe next year?

If Soundgarden are booking european dates for June/July they will play Hellfest for sure. They are not in the poster leaked, so if that poster become real I would say for sure that Soundgarden won't be in Europe in June/July.

Any thoughts for who the last two sub headliners will be?

Under Radiohead - Bon Iver or Frank Ocean, both would fit well and possibly too big to play in the barn.

Under Foos - Pixies (touring, cheaper option as Foos will sell tickets on their own) or Ed Sheeran (rumoured for Glastonbury, big pop act to balance out all the rock acts so far).

54 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Under Radiohead - Bon Iver or Frank Ocean, both would fit well and possibly too big to play in the barn.

Under Foos - Pixies (touring, cheaper option as Foos will sell tickets on their own) or Ed Sheeran (rumoured for Glastonbury, big pop act to balance out all the rock acts so far).

It's real, they posted it

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

If Soundgarden are booking european dates for June/July they will play Hellfest for sure. They are not in the poster leaked, so if that poster become real I would say for sure that Soundgarden won't be in Europe in June/July.

The poster is real, Hellfest just confirmed it.

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

My bet is on Bastille as one of the subs,  although RW might stuck them to headline the Barn againt Foo's or Radiohead. I think Bon Iver (if playing) suits the Barn much more than sub the main stage. I dont know Frank Ocean popularity in Belgium but he didnt seem to impress the Barn audience in 2013 as far as I remember. 

18 minutes ago, davywalsh7 said:

Seriously considering going back next year but struggling accomodation wise (stayed in ibis leuven last time) too old for camping so looking for nearby hotels. Found a few cheap airport hotels 15km away. Anyone know if it's much hassle to travel to/from here to the festival each day? Thanks 

We have got Air BnBs in Leuven, the same as last year. No problem getting back to Leuven on the shuttles. But beyond that might be hard.

There are no trains and I don't remember there being taxis, although I can't be sure about that. 

Accomodation in in the city has booked up fast this year. We were struggling a month ago. 

28 minutes ago, davywalsh7 said:

Seriously considering going back next year but struggling accomodation wise (stayed in ibis leuven last time) too old for camping so looking for nearby hotels. Found a few cheap airport hotels 15km away. Anyone know if it's much hassle to travel to/from here to the festival each day? Thanks 

Ohh c'mon, you're never too old for camping. :D 

KoL, it was only a matter of time, but I'm not complaining.. I'll get to see what you're all talking about.

34 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

Ohh c'mon, you're never too old for camping. :D 

KoL, it was only a matter of time, but I'm not complaining.. I'll get to see what you're all talking about.

Maybe these guys said the truth about Kings of Leon at 2:25... Maybe KOL will have beards next year... Someone should suggest them. I personnally loved Kings of Leon last time they played at Rock Werchter, and I'm glad to have them on the first day :)

28 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Maybe these guys said the truth about Kings of Leon at 2:25... Maybe KOL will have beards next year... Someone should suggest them. I personnally loved Kings of Leon last time they played at Rock Werchter, and I'm glad to have them on the first day :)

Thanx @Tremousse, now I'll have a song to mock KoL on my guitar every time the thought of RW having them again comes to mind.

:russian: "now they're sh*t x2, Kings of Leon are sh*t"

:P

3 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Thanks for the funny stuff, that tambourine man is hilarious! :))

As I probably said before, I'll be waiting for the gig and afterwards we'll see if it's rotten tomatoes or gold coins for me.

Hi guys

A few of us are definitely doing RW this year instead of Glasto, and as it'll be our first time at RW I'd really appreciate some tips. We've all been going to various UK & European festivals for years, so it'd be interesting to hear how RW compares in some of the areas I mention below from anyone who's been. 

We are intending to take a tent and just book a Hive Myspace pitch. Whats the Hive area like generally, in terms of atmosphere, proximity to the stages, after hours entertainment, toilet/shower facilities (latter least important), access to food & alcohol etc.

I guess we won't be taking much in terms of our own food and booze, so what're the bars like - do they generally sell the spirits you'd expect, beer etc, or is it predominantly beer (a couple of my mates don't drink beer). 

[EDIT] So if we wanted a beer for breakfast, is that easily obtainable if we don't take our own booze? Should we be taking our own booze?!

We're hoping to just take the Eurostar and then the festival bus, I assume it's generally a fairly simple trip, even with bags/tents/possibly camping chairs? 

I'm guessing wellies should be taken? 

Any insight would be much appreciated! 

Cheers

Edited by undefined

44 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

I think Friday sounds like a good time to announce some high profile acts from Primavera. Bon Iver or the xx (can they be counted as a dance act so they can close Thursday?) along with some other names. 

Do they often share bands with Primavera? Looking at the lineup I'd quite like Against Me, Aphex Twin, Descendents, Skepta and Run the Jewels (Guess those aren't big names though).

24 minutes ago, Mar2190 said:

Do they often share bands with Primavera? Looking at the lineup I'd quite like Against Me, Aphex Twin, Descendents, Skepta and Run the Jewels (Guess those aren't big names though).

They don't share many bands,  but there are always some and you already have AF on both. Last year TLSP,  Tame Impala, PJ Harvey and more played in both festivals. More so,  Bon Iver,  the xx, Frank Ocean and others who played RW before are legitimate candidates for playing this year too.